Pukkelpop 2021

14 minutes ago, pigital said:

At this point they should go for a full mystery festival and never reveal anything unless you're in front of one of the stages.

Crowd standing at the Main Stage, 10pm. 

"Are you ready for one of the best rock acts of the past years???"

Crowd cheers.

"We present you....Imaggiiiiiinnnneeee Draaagggoonnsssss"

• Like 3

So, Werchter 2022 just announced Metallica for Friday July 1...

Presale for Pukkelpop starts today and I can't imagine them announcing names at the same time as Werchter.

So what ? A few names every day until June 30 to encourage Belgians to buy a combi and remain in “bubble” and then opening to foreigners and day schedule ?

It’s quite strange and I will be reassured when we have news, I hope quickly…

18 hours ago, Ken19 said:

That was not the intention. I think something went wrong.

maybe Metallica tour announcement, including Werchter, let them change their plans?

12 minutes ago, kilero said:

A few names every day until June 30 to encourage Belgians to buy a combi and remain in “bubble” and then opening to foreigners and day schedule ?

It makes sense, even if it's still a strange strategy

24 minutes ago, DDave said:

Haha. Bet the artist who leaked it is hiding behind their sofa right now lol

Metallica wanted to announce their tour a couple of weeks ago. But delayed. But first there was the Hellfest leak, and than you had the jealousy of Mad Cool (we have them too, we want to be first!), sunday things escalated… Agent Metallica was not amused. Announcement was meant to be for the end of the week (the Mad Cool game was not over…). And yesterday Metallica let the festivals know they want to announce today. So it was at some festivals a small crisis, you have to inform all the artists that you are going to announce today, they have to give their permission… 

Mad Cool……. Pfff 😅

2 hours ago, Ken19 said:

Metallica wanted to announce their tour a couple of weeks ago. But delayed. But first there was the Hellfest leak, and than you had the jealousy of Mad Cool (we have them too, we want to be first!), sunday things escalated… Agent Metallica was not amused. Announcement was meant to be for the end of the week (the Mad Cool game was not over…). And yesterday Metallica let the festivals know they want to announce today. So it was at some festivals a small crisis, you have to inform all the artists that you are going to announce today, they have to give their permission… 

Mad Cool……. Pfff 😅

Lol the little war of " I want to be the first to announce this Name!" .. When I think about it, there's only 1 festival who doesnt give a fuck about that and announce whenever they want, without carrying about the others : GlastonBury . I never heard of them 😂

10 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

Lol the little war of " I want to be the first to announce this Name!" .. When I think about it, there's only 1 festival who doesnt give a fuck about that and announce whenever they want, without carrying about the others : GlastonBury . I never heard of them 😂

Glastonbury is ok, and the communication from them is also ok. Other festivals know perfectly when they are going to announce some act. Only problem with Glastonbury is that they switch artists a lot (day, the timeslot…) during the booking process. And if an artist is focussing totally on Glastonbury it is not easy for other festivals to complete the booking. It is a minority, but sometimes it is a must have act. And that stinks.

• Like 1

No communication, nothing.

I have no clue what is going on, but whatever the case, it is never ever a good idea not to say anything. 

A few lines of what and when things are approx. to be announced would have sufficed. Bad news is better than no news.

Bought tickets anyway, but this radiosilence is causing your event a lot of harm.