Pukkelpop 2021

18 hours ago, DDave said:

https://pnws.be/pukkelpop-zit-op-geldberg-van-8-miljoen-euro/

Interesting. Also seeing it looks like 50k per day for PKP and also Tomorrwland, rather than 66k

Press conference at 6.15 to announce the new informations for outdoor events this Summer in Belgium (and other stuff). The last informations leaked in the medias 30 minutes ago said maximum capacity for the event could be 75k. But it doesn't mention if it's per day or for the whole event counting days-tickets. I guess Live Nation and other festivals waited until today to know exactly how they can organize major events this Summer. The last government reunion was not as clear as expected (as always in Belgium). I guess we could have some announcements - finally - next week from the festivals.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Archi said:

Press conference at 6.15 to announce the new informations for outdoor events this Summer in Belgium (and other stuff). The last informations leaked in the medias 30 minutes ago said maximum capacity for the event could be 75k. But it doesn't mention if it's per day or for the whole event counting days-tickets. I guess Live Nation and other festivals waited until today to know exactly how they can organize major events this Summer. The last government reunion was not as clear as expected (as always in Belgium). I guess we could have some announcements - finally - next week from the festivals.

75k confirmed indeed. Still not clear if it's per day or the whole event. 

Once again, the government doesn't care about cultural events. Another meeting is planned for next week to speak more major events like festivals. 

It's 75k per day indeed. People allowed at these events if they're fully vaccinated (means got the full vaccine since 2 weeks), got a PCR Test max 3 days before or got a fast test. That's what they announced a few weeks ago.

BUT they didn't officially give more informations today... Not sure if festivals will make announcement next week then.

9 minutes ago, Stef_P82 said:

Which event in Belgium has more than 75k visitors a day ? Just wondering where this number comes from... 

Good question...

Rock Werchter: 88k
Spa Francorchamps(Formula 1): 70k/90k (depends of the source)
Tomorrowland: 70k
Pukkelpop: 66k

So Belgian Government simply allowed August festivals and now festivals have to decide if taking all the risks and the costs and go ahead or not?
The more time passes, the more it looks like a chess game to me

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, gigi21 said:

So Belgian Government simply allowed August festivals and now festivals have to decide if taking all the risks and the costs and go ahead or not?
The more time passes, the more it looks like a chess game to me

Our government isn't in the slightest concerned about the cultural sector, that has been made painfully clear during the pandemic. Approval for festivals this Summer only came after the majors cried out in the media that mid May was their ultimate deadline. Now it appears that the practical rules will only be set mid June...

Quite a few people have been criticizing Werchter for doing a series of Belgian concerts in July, rather than an actual festival at the end of Summer. But seeing all this, I cannot blame them for taking the safest bet.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

There 2 main reasons I think. First, waiting the official text from the government about how they can organize the festivals. They were supposed to have a new meeting this week about this. Second, waiting more informations about the Covid Safe Pass (or Covid Passeport, there are many names for the same stuff) and see if they can allow visitors from other countries.

• Upvote 1