Pukkelpop 2021

i think you have to be realistic, they won't cover the costs of a full scale festival with only 10-15k tickets.

so I think the realistic approach is to hope with smaller scale event for this summer and MAYBE full scale festivals next year. 

2 hours ago, Dietediet said:

They actually didn't mention a maximum capacity, no idea where this (Dutch, not Belgian) newspaper got that number.

But this is so typically Belgian... Without an idea regarding maximum capacity, Pukkelpop and co are still not able to properly start announcing and selling tickets...

Edit: Chokri just said they're going for 60k visitors.

There is no chance at all of that by then 

20 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

If vaccines continue as they are I don't see any reason to be pessimistic and if any festival can make it work it'll be Pukkelpop. 

Fully expecting 230 Euros to be the ticket price. 

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Let us have a bit of optimism mate. We all know you think festivals won't happen, some of us just want to look on the bright side of things. It's getting us through at this difficult time. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DDave said:

If vaccines continue as they are I don't see any reason to be pessimistic and if any festival can make it work it'll be Pukkelpop. 

25 minutes ago, thetime said:

Let us have a bit of optimism mate. We all know you think festivals won't happen, some of us just want to look on the bright side of things. It's getting us through at this difficult time. 

Maybe puckelpop is better positioned than I think. So I'm going to refraine 

2 hours ago, DDave said:

I honestly don't know if being really happy with these news. I hope it's not a "ok, let's sell as much tickets as we can and then we'll see what happens".
I was not expecting a full festival tbh but ok, let's bring some hope here: let's have a freshly brewed Grimbergen together on August 19th!

Edited by gigi21
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, gigi21 said:

I honestly don't know if being really happy with these news. I hope it's not a "ok, let's sell as much tickets as we can and then we'll see what happens".
I was not expecting a full festival tbh but ok, let's bring some hope here: let's have a freshly brewed Grimbergen together on August 19th!

This is my thinking unfortunately because it's exactly what happened in England.

9 hours ago, Ken19 said:

Curious what we’ll hear in the meetings the following days. I fear some extreme restrictions on the field. Hope I’m wrong.

I think it'll be seen as mandatory to wear face masks everywhere. Obviously they can't make people huddled up do it but I reckon there will be campsite security checking and any lines for refreshments etc. As much as I'd like everyone to have their festival. 60k being able to be confirmed now with the cases belgium has will have harsh restrictions or the case of the vaccine lessens the chance of the virus spreading will be much less yet.

Assuming the vaccinations go as planned and with the controls they have in place i.e. the need for proof of vaccine and or a negative covid test I can't see why there would be a need to wear a mask once you're though the festival gates. I'd imagine you'll need them on the bus though. Maybe if they see the demand being high with other festivals being off they might do weekend tickets only like Lowlands? Makes it easier for them I would have thought.

13 minutes ago, DDave said:

Assuming the vaccinations go as planned and with the controls they have in place i.e. the need for proof of vaccine and or a negative covid test I can't see why there would be a need to wear a mask once you're though the festival gates. I'd imagine you'll need them on the bus though. Maybe if they see the demand being high with other festivals being off they might do weekend tickets only like Lowlands? Makes it easier for them I would have thought.

Several questions come to my mind:

Will 16-23 years old belgian people will be vaccinated in late August? They are more than 70% of the demography of this festival. 

Is it a negative antigen test safe enough to enter in a festival with thousands of people with no masks and social distance?

Will there be tent stages or just open air stages? It's difficult to imagine a normal pukkelpop with 5 o 6 packed tents (for example the Dance Hall or the Marquee in the evening?

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

Will 16-23 years old belgian people will be vaccinated in late August? They are more than 70% of the demography of this festival. 

Is it a negative antigen test safe enough to enter in a festival with thousands of people with no masks and social distance?

Will there be tent stages or just open air stages? It's difficult to imagine a normal pukkelpop with 5 o 6 packed tents (for example the Dance Hall or the Marquee in the evening?

Only 18+ will be vaccinated I think? Everyone should have their second dose before 13/08. 

47 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

They're aiming to give everyone their first shot before 11th of July. If you use the "When will I get the vax"-tool,  18 year olds will be vaccinated in the week of the 5th of July, which results in a second shot around the week of 9th of August. So normally everyone that wants to get vaccinated will be vaccinated how I understand it. (knocks on wood, throw a rabits foot over shoulder, caresses his four-leafed clover and prays quickly)

• Upvote 2

Another Belgian festival, Alcatraz, confirms today the festival will take place as usual on 13-14-15 August. Without any restrictions on the field : no distance between people and no masks. You'll have to show a proof of vaccine, a PCR Test made in the 2 days before the festival or make a quick test on the day of the festival.

It seems so unreal and not logic. Weird at least. Restrictions everywhere until August 13th. Enjoy some major events without any restrictions. Then go back to events with restriction after that.

The Covid Safe Ticket like they said (Covid Passeport) will be effective from August 13th to September 30th. Then what? It's hard to imagine 100% of people got the vaccine in Belgium in the next 4.5 months...

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Archi said:

Another Belgian festival, Alcatraz, confirms today the festival will take place as usual on 13-14-15 August. Without any restrictions on the field : no distance between people and no masks. You'll have to show a proof of vaccine, a PCR Test made in the 2 days before the festival or make a quick test on the day of the festival.

It seems so unreal and not logic. Weird at least. Restrictions everywhere until August 13th. Enjoy some major events without any restrictions. Then go back to events with restriction after that.

The Covid Safe Ticket like they said (Covid Passeport) will be effective from August 13th to September 30th. Then what? It's hard to imagine 100% of people got the vaccine in Belgium in the next 4.5 months...

These PCR rapid tests though cost a lot of money.

Lot of american "shelter" bands playing in UK in early september. If they go for a complete festival, sure that they will book some of them for Main Stage / Marquee rock day / Lift Stage.

Some of them have played in the last years (Pennywise, The Story So Far and Basement in 2019, NOFX, Deez Nuts and Comeback Kid in 2016, Don Broco and Zebrahead 2013, Face To Face the storm year...)

slamd21.jpg

Edited by johnybegood

Yesterday Bon Iver canceled his late August European dates and Ben Harper replaced his full band tour with a few solo concerts.
Here in Italy there's a lot of announcements for reduced capacity events every day.
It's so crazy how news regarding late summer from each part of Europe are going in totally different directions.
I try and make a recap about August festivals:

UK: a lot of big festivals announced, most of them are sold out.
Scandinavia: All canceled (WOW, Oya, Flow, Smukfest, Beyond The Gates, which ese?).
Netherlands: Lowlands and DTRH going ahead, sold out.
Belgium: Pukkelpop and Tomorrowland going ahead with announcements soon; BSF canceled; Werchter announced small events (maybe also a festival?); Lokerse announced reduced capacity.
Hungary: Sziget canceled.
France: Rock en Seine and La Route du Rock still scheduled with no announcements yet. Check-in Party said maybe but difficult.
Portugal: Paredes de Coura hopeful but still not giving news, official website been down for weeks; MEO Sudoeste confirmed one month ago with Major Lazer and Bady Bunny, then all silenced; silence since last summer from EDP Vilar de Mouros.
Germany: uncertainty and few news by every festival, a lot of them are still scheduled (Highfield, Haldern Pop, MS Dockville...).
Poland: OFF and Tauron confirmed two weeks ago with announcements coming soon (still didn't came).
Slovakia: Grape Festival confirmed with some names announced. No announcements for months.
Switzerland: No news since last year from Zurich Openair.
Italy: a lot of reduced capacity events being announced. No big ones.
Spain: only small festivals in August, still scheduled, not giving news for months.

What else? And how are your feelings about that?
I honestly don't have great hopes on big events, but let's see. 🤞

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, gigi21 said:

Poland: OFF and Tauron confirmed two weeks ago with announcements coming soon (still didn't came).

Fest Festival (11-14 August) with a lot of new names in the last 3 weeks (both international and Polish). They seem to be pretty confident of going ahead.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, gigi21 said:

What else? And how are your feelings about that?
I honestly don't have great hopes on big events, but let's see. 🤞

Czechia: major festivals cancelled with the only exception being Let it Roll which still believes in going ahead (even though the government aims for capacity-reduced events, 7k max.), others are planning smaller events with reduced capacity and local artists.

Slovakia: Pohoda festival announced small festival (capacity 1k) with mainly local artists but Black Midi, Black Country, New Road or Dry Cleaning are on the lineup as well.

Austria: FM4 Frequency still scheduled but not giving news for month, Electric Love (EDM festival) moved their dates to the end of August and reduced the capacity to 10k, announcement soon.

• Upvote 1