Pukkelpop 2021

Guys, it could be meaningless but, the same way I did last year, I checked the Radisson Hasselt availability during Pukkelpop weekend. Results:

the 3* hotel is totally unavailable.
the 4* hotel has limited availability (e.g. no quadruple rooms) and a lot higher fares compared to all the other weeks and to the last year.

It looks like they have a lot of booked rooms for 19-22 August '21. Many more than they had this time last year.
This makes me quite sure things are going on with PKP21.

Maybe @Ken19 can tell us something more 😁

Edited by gigi21
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, gigi21 said:

Guys, it could be meaningless but, the same way I did last year, I checked the Radisson Hasselt availability during Pukkelpop weekend. Results:

the 3* hotel is totally unavailable.
the 4* hotel has limited availability (e.g. no quadruple rooms) and a lot higher fares compared to all the other weeks and to the last year.

It looks like they have a lot of booked rooms for 19-22 August '21. Many more than they had this time last year.
This makes me quite sure things are going on with PKP21.

Maybe @Ken19 can tell us something more 😁

It is looking good for the big Belgian festivals. Like I mentioned in the RW topic. 

Edited by Ken19
  • Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, DDave said:

News saying that without any problems all people in the Limburg area should be vaccinated by June. Gives us some hope. 

https://m.hbvl.be/cnt/dmf20210112_98043825

If nothing goes wrong 🙂 Fingers crossed! 

So, any predictions or wishes for 2021? Shame has a show in october in Antwerp, but I hope to see them too at PKP. 

Pukkelpop is one of the hardest ones to predict because it's one of the only big ones -worldwide?- that hasn't released a lineup in 2020. 

I also wonder when they'll release their lineup. Normally it's in the beginning of march at the latest, but Rock Werchter always shares most of their lineup before PkP can even start doing so. 

2 hours ago, lighthouse said:

Pukkelpop is one of the hardest ones to predict because it's one of the only big ones -worldwide?- that hasn't released a lineup in 2020. 

I also wonder when they'll release their lineup. Normally it's in the beginning of march at the latest, but Rock Werchter always shares most of their lineup before PkP can even start doing so. 

I think we can expect the first batch after we are 100% sure festivals can happen this summer. Maybe there will be some restrictions (smaller capacity, no non-European bands). 

1 hour ago, Death By Sexy said:

I think we can expect the first batch after we are 100% sure festivals can happen this summer. Maybe there will be some restrictions (smaller capacity, no non-European bands). 

Lowlands aim to release their first names next month 

https://festileaks.com/2021/01/lowlands-2021-wil-in-februari-line-up-bekendmaken/

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2021 at 10:41 AM, gigi21 said:

Can someone who understand that nice language watch the live streaming tonight on Lowlands Instagram and tell us something more? 🤞

Thanks!

Screenshot_2021-01-28-10-37-35-788_com.instagram.android.png

No real news, anticipations or other stuff according to Festileaks Forum, but they're still trustful about Lowlands 2021 to take place in August or maybe September.

Edited by gigi21
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, gigi21 said:

No real news, anticipations or other stuff according to Festileaks Forum, but they're still trustful about Lowlands 2021 to take place in August or maybe September.

If, at least, August festivals can happen, that would be great ! Lowlands, Sziget, Reading/Leeds, Pukkelpop, ...

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, DDave said:

If one happens, no reason why the other shouldn't. Different demographic, different bands. 

If the festival season is going to be 6 or 7 weeks instead of the usual 16 weeks, I dont think we'll see the usual different bands that we'd usually see at Pukkelpop, Dour and Werchter. Be surprising if all 3 go ahead. Likewise Pinkpop, Best Kept Secret and Lowlands.

48 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Yeah, much more a problem than you think. 

Why not balancing both line-ups? 

If Live Nation places all big bands in RW a couple of weeks after Pukkelpop, the ticket selling for PKP could be dramatic. Who will pay 200 euros for a ticket when 15 days after you can see huge bands as Metallica, RHCP or Pearl Jam for the same money just 80km away?

I cant see both of then happening in the same forthnight. If this situation happens it could mean bankruptcy for Pukkelpop 

Edited by johnybegood

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...