Pukkelpop 2021

17 hours ago, Ken19 said:

It would be weird if Qotsa would not be there. They are a headliner that will get the 30+ people to pkp. And a lot of them. That is exactly what Pkp needs. 
So you can write them down. It looks to me that they are 99% sure. This was the sort of headliner they were missing in 2020 (there were no major headliners like i said before, Editors, but that was not exactly their first choice).

This is what I exactly need from Pukkelpop. An interesting line-up also for +30 people.

It's funny to read that Werchter cannot bring back Kendrick Lamar next year because Live Nation chose to place Gorillaz in Werchter instead of Pukkelpop, and they cannot settle Kendrick, Gorillaz and TOP at the same day because none of them wants to be third down on the bill.

Now Werchter has no Kendrick and Pukkelpop has no Gorillaz. Brilliant.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

On 9/16/2020 at 8:31 PM, johnybegood said:

It's funny to read that Werchter cannot bring back Kendrick Lamar next year because Live Nation chose to place Gorillaz in Werchter instead of Pukkelpop, and they cannot settle Kendrick, Gorillaz and TOP at the same day because none of them wants to be third down on the bill.

Now Werchter has no Kendrick and Pukkelpop has no Gorillaz. Brilliant.

Was it likely tho? Has Damon ever performed at Pukkelpop? He performed at Werchter as Gorillaz, Blur, TGTBTQ and as a "solo act".

On 10/23/2020 at 6:45 PM, johnybegood said:

Pukkelpop in the late 90's for sure. Maybe he had a bad experience there and decided not to come back to that festival.

I'm not sure Blur have ever played Pukkelpop. They were booked to co-headline with Chemical Brothers in 1997, but they didn't show up. They cancelled at the very last minute, claiming Damon Albarn had a "throat infection" (which in rock'n'roll speak usually means too drunk/stoned to play, or they simply couldn't be bothered).

Two years later in 1999 they played Werchter (coincidentally also co-headlining with Chem Bros), but they got a pretty bad reception (apart from when they played Song 2, at which the whole field went ape). It seemed to me like 75% of the crowd was only there for Song 2, and they ignored most of the rest of the set. I think the fact only a few people were listening to the band really pissed off Damon Albarn, because at one point he said very sneeringly and sarcastically, obviously referring to the PKP cancellation: "Well, at least we showed up this time..."

For the record, Chemical Brothers were superb on both occasions...

Edited by Trufflehound
  • Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, DDave said:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10157762401593034&id=6542793033

Spring 2021 tour cancelled. Alternative 2021 plans could include a couple of late summer festival appearances I suppose. 

Damn, was going to the brum gig. 

Could be quite interesting if artists are ditching tours, just to play outdoors.

• 2 weeks later...