Pukkelpop 2021

2 hours ago, Stef_P82 said:

Chokri says the line-up won't come back next year. They will see what is best. Who's touring, who has new music...

https://m.hln.be/showbizz/muziek/festivals/chokri-over-annulatie-pukkelpop-het-was-de-beste-beslissing~af676699/

He can say what he wants off course if nothing is announced. But he can not cancel the signed contracts. 

1 hour ago, Ken19 said:

He can say what he wants off course if nothing is announced. But he can not cancel the signed contracts. 

I have no experience whatsoever with this kind of contracts but I reckon a contract was signed for a show in 2020 and not in 2021? Given the fact that this situation is new to every one I'd be surprised there are stipulations in these contracts that oblige festivals to book a band in year x+1 if the festival is cancelled in year x.

9 hours ago, Salva said:

I have no experience whatsoever with this kind of contracts but I reckon a contract was signed for a show in 2020 and not in 2021? Given the fact that this situation is new to every one I'd be surprised there are stipulations in these contracts that oblige festivals to book a band in year x+1 if the festival is cancelled in year x.

It is cheaper to let them come back and pay nothing extra. If not they have to pay a sort of fee (how bigger the band how larger the fee) to cancel the contract... that is something you don’t want to do. It works for both sides.
When Pearl Jam cancelled its EU tour in 2016 lawyers where working on a deal with the promotors. Sort of garanty that they would come back to do the tour.

Edited by Ken19
  • Upvote 3

13 hours ago, Ken19 said:

It is cheaper to let them come back and pay nothing extra. If not they have to pay a sort of fee (how bigger the band how larger the fee) to cancel the contract... that is something you don’t want to do. It works for both sides.
When Pearl Jam cancelled its EU tour in 2016 lawyers where working on a deal with the promotors. Sort of garanty that they would come back to do the tour.

Thx for clearing that out. "Lawyers" working on "deals" with "promotors". Very little rock'n roll spirit there...:)

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Salva said:

Thx for clearing that out. "Lawyers" working on "deals" with "promotors". Very little rock'n roll spirit there...:)

Yes it is. The Foo Fighters cancellation in 2015 was also first a thing for the lawyers. And that doesn't go fast. Frustrating month.  

• Upvote 1

For anyone who's interested, H Hostel in Hasselt is now available to book on booking.com for next year's dates. Stayed there last few years and booked up again for 2021.Very convenient location and of most importantly its with free cancellation. 

Web browser only though, not mobile site. 

Edited by DDave
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2020 at 2:07 PM, Ken19 said:

In 2018 gorillaz was very high on their wishlist, but higher on Herman’s. 
Normally they are available the whole summer (as usual with Damon’s projects). Damon has a thing with Werchter but I think it will Pukkelpop this time. 

Finally Gorillaz to Rock Werchter. Why Live Nation does not let Pukkelpop book nice big acts for their headline slots?

Werchter does not need Gorillaz to improve their tickets selling...

Every year the same story. It is annoying.

Edited by johnybegood

22 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

Finally Gorillaz to Rock Werchter. Why Live Nation does not let Pukkelpop book nice big acts for their headline slots?

Yeah same feeling, but Werchter needs some stuff to sell their tickets, they don't sell tickets that fast in the last few years. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

Damon has something with RW. Everybody knows that. Artists are deciding by themselves where they want to play ...

Jamie xx, both Pkp and rw? He was supposed to play Pkp in 2020.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Oyas first names are in for 2021. Can't remember if Bon Iver was likely for Pukkelpop this year or not but certainly puts them in the mix for next year. 

33 degrees in Hasselt this Thursday, which would have been pre party day.

Fuck you, Covid-19.

Edited by DDave
  • Upvote 1

They're showing some old performances from tomorrow on their Youtube channel - The xx (2017 Thurs), QOTSA (2014 Fri) and Foo Fighters (2012 Sat). Lowlands has a really comprehensive re-run programme this weekend with loads of old shows - click

I'd normally now be sitting on the train, drinking a few beers, heading down to Harwich for the overnight crossing. Was supposed to be spending the bank holiday weekend with friends who live near Rotterdam for an annual party they have (which I have never been to as it's too close to PKP) but had to bin that off as can't self isolate for two weeks due to starting back at work. 

I'm not a gambling man but if I was, I don't think at this point in time I'd be willing to wager any money on large scale events taking place (in something resembling their old format) next summer. Obviously the hope is we'll have a workable vaccine available in the next year but unless that happens by maybe Feb at the latest, I can't see  many countries willing to sanction festivals and events that may cause outbreaks.