Hurricane 2021

pete76

12 hours ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

"Hey we pulled a terrible lineup of headliners this year, but COVID forced us to cancel. Hey, what if the next year we propose the same terrible lineup of headliners all over again?" 

No choice. If they didn’t want to, they had to cancel the contracts. And that costs a shitload of money. This is financially the best solution. Maybe some extra production costs, but the contract and fee stays the same. And they already paid the half of it.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Ken19 said:

No choice. If they didn’t want to, they had to cancel the contracts. And that costs a shitload of money. This is financially the best solution. Maybe some extra production costs, but the contract and fee stays the same. And they already paid the half of it.

I thought that in case of "force majeure" situation (which is the case here), they can get their money back from the artists... is that a false info ?

Anyway @Yelo, the Parmiggiana, it seems fair to me that different festivals try to get the same line up for next year don't you think ? I mean, it is also important for artists to get the money, times are hard for them too (not the biggest ones, but all the others)

P.S : Rise Against is a greeeat headliner don't you insult them !!! ;)

2 hours ago, Archi said:

In case of "Force Majeure", they should be able to get their money back indeed. For small/medium bands, that's the classic contract indeed. Now for the biggest acts like headliners, I think it's more complicated than that. 

It is just a lot easier to fulfill your commitments. Festival happy, agent happy, artist happy. You show that you are trustable and you stabilise your network. An agent represents multiple artists, so important to keep them happy and make a deal so everybody is pleased. 
It works the other way round too. If a band cancels his show for a legit reason, 99% they got their money and come back as soon as possible to make it up. Happened with Badbadnotgood, sbtrkt, pearl jam in Werchter...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 5/7/2020 at 11:52 AM, Ken19 said:

17 hours ago, Matt86 said:

I thought that in case of "force majeure" situation (which is the case here), they can get their money back from the artists... is that a false info ?

Anyway @Yelo, the Parmiggiana, it seems fair to me that different festivals try to get the same line up for next year don't you think ? I mean, it is also important for artists to get the money, times are hard for them too (not the biggest ones, but all the others)

P.S : Rise Against is a greeeat headliner don't you insult them !!! ;)

Yeah yeah, it was not a serious comment, although the lineup looked rather dreadful and I guess that that is objective: I love Rise Against, but they are nowhere close to an headliner spot in 2020 (or 2021 for that matters)!

H/S always strikes me for the quality of undercards and how deep they are written in the cartel: I'm sure that it is a festival thought for germans, so the comments from an Italian are not to be taken seriously :)

11 hours ago, Ken19 said:

It is just a lot easier to fulfill your commitments. Festival happy, agent happy, artist happy. You show that you are trustable and you stabilise your network. An agent represents multiple artists, so important to keep them happy and make a deal so everybody is pleased. 
It works the other way round too. If a band cancels his show for a legit reason, 99% they got their money and come back as soon as possible to make it up. Happened with Badbadnotgood, sbtrkt, pearl jam in Werchter...

Always a lot of sense in your comments, I'm glad you are back 100%, pal. A question, tho: where did SBTRKT go? I lost sight of him in 2015 after giving up his performance at Sziget and I regretted it ever since... You have any idea about that? 

• Like 1

Rise Against have so much success in Germany/Austria than other countries in Europe. Not a surprise to see them co-headline a festival like Hurricane. In 2018, they were sub at Graspop, same at Rock Am Ring

About what you said @Ken19, I agree. I just thought situation was maybe a bit different with biggest acts. But seems the same thing at all levels. Thanks for confirmation :) 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

I guess since Open'er Festival announced Twenty One Pilots today, we can assume that all headliners in here will stay the same 👍

Unless they are indeed releasing a new album next year and they got the chance to headline Bonnaroo and/or Firefly in the U.S. where they are even more popular than here. Firefly takes place the same weekend as Hurricane. 

It's strange not to announce them together with all other reconfirmed headliners if they really got them. 

6 hours ago, EV123 said:

Unless they are indeed releasing a new album next year and they got the chance to headline Bonnaroo and/or Firefly in the U.S. where they are even more popular than here. Firefly takes place the same weekend as Hurricane. 

It's strange not to announce them together with all other reconfirmed headliners if they really got them. 

Maybe they needed more time to think about their plans for 2021, Ken said in the RW thread that he expected them to return in 2022. So they could have changed their minds and do the festival circuit in europe next year as planned before.

Or Open'er announced them without permission :D