Podcasts To Kill The Time

Bisque

21 hours ago, Festival Sounds Podcast said:

We have a ticket day episode that will be out very soon

Would really appreciate if you shared with people trying for tickets, only a few episodes into the podcast and our goal is to encourage those who wouldn't originally attend festivals to give it a try.

Edited by Festival Sounds Podcast

12 minutes ago, Festival Sounds Podcast said:

Would really appreciate if you shared with people trying for tickets, only a few episodes into the podcast and our goal is to encourage those who wouldn't originally attend festivals to give it a try.

Happy to share on my Twitter if that’s ok ? With credit Obs 

21 hours ago, Badlands said:

On the subject of recommendations, A History of Rock Music in 500 Songs is an absolutely monumental piece of work. It’s heavy going but the research put into it by your man Andrew Hickey is phenomenal. Currently at 168 - I Say a Little Prayer. 

Another vote for A History of Rock Music in 500 Songs. I've been working through this over the last few months and it has been the most enjoyable music history I have ever heard, deeply rigorous and academic but nonetheless completely compulsive to the point of distraction. I can't recommend it enough. Hickey is a genuine one off genius.

• 2 months later...

My favourite music ones lately have been:

• The Album Years with Steven Wilson and Tim Bowness

Porcupine Tree main man and No Man pal talk classic albums. They are total muso nerds and this is both entertaining and insightful.

• Wind of Change

The story behind the CIA writing the Scorpions hit. 

I enjoy sciencey podcasts too, so recommend:

• The Bomb
  • The missing Crypto Queen
  • 13 minutes to the moon
  • Computing Britain
  • Think with pinker
  • The Lazarus Heist

Keen to get any recommendations for any that are similar to those. I hate to say it, but I really don't enjoy comedy podcasts.

It's quite niche but just discovered the Prancing Pony podcast. 2 guys going through Tolkien's works chapter by chapter and just talking about what interests them, the language and Tolkien in general. Starts with The Silmarilion so it's probably one for the purists 😂

1 hour ago, Sawdusty surfer said:

Latest podcast has landed from the wonderful Festival Sounds .

A great listen, enjoy.

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9mZWVkcy5idXp6c3Byb3V0LmNvbS8yMjA1NTcyLnJzcw?ep=14

52 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Just given it a listen, very good it was too.

Thank you so much for the positive messages. It honestly so humbling. Truly grateful that you gave it a listen 🙏

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1