Pilton Party 2020 (will it happen)

drunk pumpkin

Got talking to a few of the stall holders who were selling beer, t shirts etc. Very friendly people. Obviously it’s a great chance for their respective village groups to raise cash but in fairness it’s only right  that they can do this given the fact their lovely village is invaded almost every year!

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone heard any updates on this since 11th July? I’m surprised how quiet they’re being about this as they announced the Extravaganza was cancelled much earlier in the year. A part of me hopes that the event might run because of gigs being phased back in, but I realise they wouldn’t want to be an example if there was a local spike.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, discgoesmic said:

Has anyone heard any updates on this since 11th July? I’m surprised how quiet they’re being about this as they announced the Extravaganza was cancelled much earlier in the year. A part of me hopes that the event might run because of gigs being phased back in, but I realise they wouldn’t want to be an example if there was a local spike.

apart from the post a couple up no ... but id trust @Sawdusty Surfer on this one hes got a decent festival network 

Currently the pilton show is cancelled ( this happens on the weekend of pilton party. If that is cancelled then I expect the party is cancelled. 

However the Night at the Abbey is going ahead late August.  3 stages , local bands, so you never know. Locals will soon know around early August. 

Ps. The original band booked won't be doing it if it goes ahead, that's for sure 

53 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Currently the pilton show is cancelled ( this happens on the weekend of pilton party. If that is cancelled then I expect the party is cancelled. 

However the Night at the Abbey is going ahead late August.  3 stages , local bands, so you never know. Locals will soon know around early August. 

Ps. The original band booked won't be doing it if it goes ahead, that's for sure 

Sounds interesting!!! 🤔

On 7/30/2020 at 11:21 PM, Kalopsia said:

I thought it may be Elbow this year, no real reason but it kinda felt right to me. 

My guess for this year would've been either Pet Shop Boys or George Ezra for Pilton Party. The first because they went down a storm with Killers and they had a big slot for 2020, the second just because it felt right.

Edited by discgoesmic

On 7/30/2020 at 4:39 PM, deebeedoobee said:

So if that's for sure does it not indicate that the band isn’t from these shores due to lack of flights? Crowded House for instance.     If it was a U.K. band them James was my original guess 😀

Am I close.?😉

Edited by Ayrshire Chris