Pilton Party 2020 (will it happen)

drunk pumpkin

1 hour ago, funkychick2007 said:

This is very true! Pilton Digger is far more knowledgeable than me! It originally it started  As a thank you after party for the locals for their support of the festival despite the disruption! I guess it kinda grew into something bigger! 

Also a bit of a fund raiser for local groups, the beer, cider and tee shirts I think are sold by them. 

8 hours ago, nikkic said:

Zero chance of any festivals this year.

I’m starting to fear for next year too if I’m honest. 

Unless this country gets on top of things in the next few weeks then you may well be correct on both counts.

Edited by Cooter

7 hours ago, pilton digger said:

Fully aware I am pissing into the wind as every year but I'll say it anyway, Pilton Party is supposed to be for the local area.

TBF it's not been marketed that way for a long time. It's now promoted solely as a fundraiser for locals. The 'keeping it local' bit is taken care of by the initial physical sales from the Children's World office in town followed by a day or two of sales from the farm then online sales (which I would guess incurr a cost). 

Emily/the festival are not shy of tweeting about the Party and ticket sales. It is, after all, more important to sell out the tix to ensure maximum funds are available for Pilton (and very well spent they are too). The priority would appear to be to sell all of the tix in the shortest time frame. Oh, and then to Party 😎.

Edited by HalfAnIdiot

9 hours ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

TBF it's not been marketed that way for a long time. It's now promoted solely as a fundraiser for locals. The 'keeping it local' bit is taken care of by the initial physical sales from the Children's World office in town followed by a day or two of sales from the farm then online sales (which I would guess incurr a cost). 

Emily/the festival are not shy of tweeting about the Party and ticket sales. It is, after all, more important to sell out the tix to ensure maximum funds are available for Pilton (and very well spent they are too). The priority would appear to be to sell all of the tix in the shortest time frame. Oh, and then to Party 😎.

Well last year we bought two ticket, 6 cans lager,  couple of soft drinks, food, and two tee shirts so it’s nice to know that profits went to the local community! 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

In terms of the rhyming slang I know ... that means you have no idea ? im presuming there is more slang im not aware of .... where this means no chance still ? 

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Not a Scooby

10 hours ago, Big durbs said:

Could happen after all it’s a large field with limited numbers . Or even run it in a bigger field , after all , it’s a gig that raises money for the pilton village . I do hope there is a outside chance 

it'll be almost impossible to make a profit to raise any money. ;)