Anyone Else Just Gonna Do Glastonbury Anyway?

chatty

I was pretty happy with my setup for our 'preview' evening last night and looking forward to a few days sat outside watching some old sets with friends.

There's a whole pile of decoration around the garden, including a nod to the rabbit hole and the underground piano bar, that's all now looking a bit sorry for itself after a full night of rain and we're half considering bringing the party indoors today if attendance numbers are low.  Gutted, but I just keep reminding myself that the weather gamble is all part of the authentic Glasto experience!!

20210624_223404-01.jpeg

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, mpsamuels said:

I was pretty happy with my setup for our 'preview' evening last night and looking forward to a few days sat outside watching some old sets with friends.

There's a whole pile of decoration around the garden, including a nod to the rabbit hole and the underground piano bar, that's all now looking a bit sorry for itself after a full night of rain and we're half considering bringing the party indoors today if attendance numbers are low.  Gutted, but I just keep reminding myself that the weather gamble is all part of the authentic Glasto experience!!

20210624_223404-01.jpeg

Superb stuff … looks incredible ♥️

2 hours ago, mpsamuels said:

Cheers 😀

Sadly the same can't be said for my "Pangea" (on the right 😂)!!

Anyone is going to have to go some to beat your own effort on that one. 

20210625_114526-01.thumb.jpeg.352d4e9228162b88126eedb7685205d8.jpeg

Focused on  one thing so it’s easier … and the benefits of living in a flat and being single help massively too … 

Rumbles of thunder thunder and gusting wind here so stopped the setup for a bit.

Mini bins are as finished as they will get now (flower one from last year. robot one with jnr's help)

Robo - signpost hybrid thingy gets more face and some medusa like 'hair' to counter balance weight on the front (actually from a light fitting so could be made to light up). Eyes light up and there are little leds round the head area but they aren't bright enough to see in the day.

Yesterday, stuck last years sign posts up, but they are scruffy, some are damaged, and it feels like doing the same thing over again (which it is) 

Dug out the "GLASTONBURY" letters from last year but I'm missing the "L", not sure that "GASTONBURY" was what I was after for this weekend. 

Shows what happens when you decide a few days before to go for it. Its all a bit half arsed ATM.   Might have been better to stick with the not doing this it year, but weather looks reasonable tomorrow and haven't opened the cider yet. Things may yet improve.

IMG_7692a.jpg

IMG_7688a.jpg

IMG_7666a.jpg

• Upvote 1

Didn’t do glasthomebury but I am camped in a field in the middle of nowhere with bass ringing out all around me feeling pretty drunk and people consuming all type of class As So this stag day feels pretty much bang on for the time of year

• Upvote 1