Anyone Else Just Gonna Do Glastonbury Anyway?

chatty

On 2/28/2021 at 7:08 PM, crazyfool1 said:

cheers ... just need some ideas how to paint a plastic pipe which is currently clear , so all the paint doesnt peel off now .... ive got a smoke machine on one end and holes in the pipe that jet out some of the smoke which seems to work quite well .... I think it jetting flames might be a step too far 🙂 

Try mixing PVA adhesive with the paint. It normally works 

I wondered when this thread would creep up. Last year the neighbours and I had a very small fake Glastonbury in our garden. This year, we're going a little bigger 🙂 in the communal garden, some decks under a gazeebo and A LOT of cider. I'm quite excited 🙂

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I wondered when this thread would creep up. Last year the neighbours and I had a very small fake Glastonbury in our garden. This year, we're going a little bigger 🙂 in the communal garden, some decks under a gazeebo and A LOT of cider. I'm quite excited 🙂

Upvote for the cider alone 🙃

On 6/12/2021 at 1:26 PM, parsonjack said:

Anyone looking for wristbands etc these are really nice quality from https://www.wedfest.co/category/festival-wristbands/

DSC_0037.JPG

I do like the look of them!

I went with the combo of a selection of designs from https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/193520618111 that I'll cut to length myself and a bag of these https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B075MH54VG though

18 minutes ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

I reckon so. They’ve very helpful on the phone as well so just give them a buzz if you’re unsure.

...don't forget to ask for some Cider Bus branded paper cups for a more authentic experience!! I haven't ordered for this year myself but last year I dropped them an e-mail asking if the proper cups could be purchased and was told to just add a request to the 'order notes' part of my checkout and they threw some cups in for me 😀

Having been addiment I wasn't going to do it all again, I've kind of wavered at the 11th hour and pulled out the signs, signposts, bins and assorted stuff from last years effort. I left the signs up for months before taking them down and they are in pretty poor condition, so I've dabbed paint on to tidy them up, with varying degrees of success. The Glastonbury sign is pretty crinkly as well. I don't think we  will do the campervan sleep out again but we have got some cider in and will put up the projector and watch some of the old sets in the garden.

I've half done a couple of extra glasto style bins (one designed by DVB junior) and faced will a pile of bits when clearing out a mates workshop I decided there was enough stuff to build an odd half robot/ half signpost hybrid (DVB junior is into robots atm). Not sure it feels  particularly Glashomebury, but it was fun to make.

IMG_7667a.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, DarrenVonBoathook said:

Having been addiment I wasn't going to do it all again, I've kind of wavered at the 11th hour and pulled out the signs, signposts, bins and assorted stuff from last years effort.

I've actually gone the other way and full intended to do it (built a new ribbon tower to add to last years decs, and invited a few people round on Saturday and Sunday) til yesterday when I decided the weather forecast in London looks shit all weekend and I can't face any more days this year sitting outside in the rain. On the plus side, it's going to be crap in Pilton too (sorry @deebeedoobee) so at least we're not missing a bliss out this year.

36 minutes ago, Mackem said:

I've actually gone the other way and full intended to do it (built a new ribbon tower to add to last years decs, and invited a few people round on Saturday and Sunday) til yesterday when I decided the weather forecast in London looks shit all weekend and I can't face any more days this year sitting outside in the rain. On the plus side, it's going to be crap in Pilton too (sorry @deebeedoobee) so at least we're not missing a bliss out this year.

I bow to your superior knowledge. Let’s see how it pans out. So far the festival would have been 100% dry. Today was a perfect warm day without the hot sun that some people dislike. 

34 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

I bow to your superior knowledge. Let’s see how it pans out. So far the festival would have been 100% dry. Today was a perfect warm day without the hot sun that some people dislike. 

BBC saying overnight thursday rain, clearing up by 9am friday, and then dry until Sunday morning 3am. "Showers" all through Sunday. I don't think that's too bad! I'd take it (even without the covid-desperation)

Weirdly though, Glasgow weather actually seems to be better. Fake Glasto is a go in my garden! Annoyingly it gets super hot and sunny from Sunday onwards but ill take 18 and cloudy thanks very much

15 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

BBC saying overnight thursday rain, clearing up by 9am friday, and then dry until Sunday morning 3am. "Showers" all through Sunday. I don't think that's too bad! I'd take it (even without the covid-desperation)

Weirdly though, Glasgow weather actually seems to be better. Fake Glasto is a go in my garden! Annoyingly it gets super hot and sunny from Sunday onwards but ill take 18 and cloudy thanks very much

Fingers crossed for perfect faux-festival weather for you. 

Forecast here (midlands) was also rubbish through this week and weekend which also put me off going all out for a garden festival. Depending on when you look, rainy spells, thundery rain showers, and other variants of rain forecast through to Sunday (except for yesterday, wed, which was glorious).

So far we have had the lightest showers and that's it, if it had been at Glastonbury it would be welcome to keep the dust down after yesterday. I'm hoping the forecast is being overly pessimistic.

2 hours ago, DarrenVonBoathook said:

Having been addiment I wasn't going to do it all again, I've kind of wavered at the 11th hour and pulled out the signs, signposts, bins and assorted stuff from last years effort. I left the signs up for months before taking them down and they are in pretty poor condition, so I've dabbed paint on to tidy them up, with varying degrees of success. The Glastonbury sign is pretty crinkly as well. I don't think we  will do the campervan sleep out again but we have got some cider in and will put up the projector and watch some of the old sets in the garden.

I've half done a couple of extra glasto style bins (one designed by DVB junior) and faced will a pile of bits when clearing out a mates workshop I decided there was enough stuff to build an odd half robot/ half signpost hybrid (DVB junior is into robots atm). Not sure it feels  particularly Glashomebury, but it was fun to make.

I'm out of upvotes, but this little dude looks class. Enjoy!

Last year I had a three day timetable mapped out for me and the missus which involved Iplayer sets and going to peoples houses to sit outside etc. We had great fun.

This year nothing. Might have a few beers in the house Saturday and watch some coverage with her.

Just feels like this year I am not missing it as much. Possibly because I never really thought it would be on.