Anyone Else Just Gonna Do Glastonbury Anyway?

chatty

10 hours ago, Greenelk said:

Can I ask where you got your wristbands done @gsansom?  My wife and I had some done for all the guests at our wedding a few years back and they were great, but these look amazing

Hi Greenelk. I got them from ebay. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GLASTHOMEBURY-Festival-Party-Wristbands-Home-Festival-Lockdown-Party-Favours/333642858957?hash=item4daeaa01cd:g:RLYAAOSwrSte7~b7

They are nice and looked the part. Have held on to them as a memory of the year that wasnt.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Mark H said:

Do people think the BBC will raid the archives again this year? 

Last year felt a bit different as a scheduled festival was cancelled, but this years event never really gained momentum in the first place. 

It would be great to have something mark the occasion in June!

Yep and due to covid restrictions last year they couldn't properly raid their archive. Will be much more prepared this year and hopefully some rare/unseen footage.

On 1/21/2021 at 11:56 PM, Tartan_Glasto said:

We did Garagebury last year (Glastonbury in the garage), so will no doubt do this same this year!

B34F4B5E-BD5C-4770-AEAD-3CB6679169B6.jpeg

85D4345B-9D86-415C-B61F-B21FDF4374F9.jpeg

C86A02F6-3519-4219-8C73-CDB078129546.jpeg

6FEED128-A129-406B-9CFF-EFF44ACC8308.jpeg

Superb!  We really all are missing it but it’s fantastic seeing folk keeping their spirits up and looking forward to the day we are back together on the farm 

2 minutes ago, eddie_corrigan said:

Do you think there's any chance of them asking Channel 4 very nicely if they could buy their footage Neil?

I'm pretty sure that GFL already own that footage.

For 1995 at least, less certain about 1994. Think they own the rights to the footage recorded under the BBC deal as well.

4 minutes ago, incident said:

I'm pretty sure that GFL already own that footage.

For 1995 at least, less certain about 1994. Think they own the rights to the footage recorded under the BBC deal as well.

oh fingers crossed i vaguely remember channel 4 clearing the schedules to show it all day in 1995. i was 14mind so i maybe wrong.

On 2/17/2021 at 9:15 AM, Ayrshire Chris said:

Superb!  We really all are missing it but it’s fantastic seeing folk keeping their spirits up and looking forward to the day we are back together on the farm 

Thanks!

Hoping this year we may actually be allowed to have more people there! Fingers crossed!

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, parsonjack said:

Looking fantastic 👍

cheers ... just need some ideas how to paint a plastic pipe which is currently clear , so all the paint doesnt peel off now .... ive got a smoke machine on one end and holes in the pipe that jet out some of the smoke which seems to work quite well .... I think it jetting flames might be a step too far 🙂 

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

cheers ... just need some ideas how to paint a plastic pipe which is currently clear , so all the paint doesnt peel off now .... ive got a smoke machine on one end and holes in the pipe that jet out some of the smoke which seems to work quite well .... I think it jetting flames might be a step too far 🙂 

Could you get some kind of primer to use on plastic so the paint doesn't peel?

It might not protect it against flames though!

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Now the BBC have confirmed they are definitely hosting a 'Glastonbury Experience' again and we should have plenty to go at for another year of Glasthomebury, how's everyone's builds getting on? Is anyone even going through it all for a second year?

I've mocked up a bigger, (arguably) better pyramid, started plans for my menu, have received the ribbons and clamps to make my wristbands and have some mental images of what my Healing Field and Strummerville will look like. I want to include a nod to the Green Fields too but I'm told I'm 'not allowed' a pedal powered electricity generator 😂

4 hours ago, mpsamuels said:

how's everyone's builds getting on? Is anyone even going through it all for a second year?

Having gone for it last year, I was adamant I wasn't doing it again this year. But as the weekend gets closer I'm starting to waver. I've still got the signs from last year so with a bit of a touch up they would be ok. The rather poor ribbon tower never got taken down and despite having gone through the winter, the ribbons themselves are mainly ok, so something could be salvaged. The Glastonbury letters look a little worse for wear, but could be re-used, and I've still got the mini glasto style bin in the garage.

So I could do something but come the day, I don't know if its going to feel a little flat. We will see. 

5 hours ago, mpsamuels said:

Now the BBC have confirmed they are definitely hosting a 'Glastonbury Experience' again and we should have plenty to go at for another year of Glasthomebury, how's everyone's builds getting on? Is anyone even going through it all for a second year?

I've mocked up a bigger, (arguably) better pyramid, started plans for my menu, have received the ribbons and clamps to make my wristbands and have some mental images of what my Healing Field and Strummerville will look like. I want to include a nod to the Green Fields too but I'm told I'm 'not allowed' a pedal powered electricity generator 😂

Hopefully with some more archives released and remastered- (upgrades get_iplayer)...