Anyone Else Just Gonna Do Glastonbury Anyway?

chatty

3 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

Ah man, i cant face the 'Glasthomebury' thing again.

I built it up to be great, was gonna make the most of it all and in reality it just made me sad. I dont think i'll bother this time 

dont forget that this was when you first met ( virtually ) the vm crew ..... every cloud has a silver lining 🙂 

16 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I have a sneaking suspicion they might do a virtual Glasto. Get the Pyramid all dressed up, get a few friends of the fest to perform

I wouldn't be surprised if they do.

I'm (maybe over optimistically?) assuming things will at least be a bit better by June and some gatherings would be allowed that can accommodate bands being on a stage with a limited audience of camera crew, close friends etc.

At least by making the decision earlier they've got more time to plan something small for TV if they want to whereas it was probably a bit too much of a shock and too close to gate opening day last year to really put anything together. Imagine if they went down the Sansar route ala Lost Horizons last year and built a virtual Pyramid 🤯

I'll be digging what I've got left from last year back out for another four day party in the back garden regardless!

Ped Gate A sign is still on the gate into my garden, and the Bimble Inn signage is still up above the bar at the end of the garden. 

We’ve also got new neighbours since last June and they are, pardon my French, fucking c**ts, so we’ll have an all night rave shall we? 

5 hours ago, blutarsky said:

Ped Gate A sign is still on the gate into my garden, and the Bimble Inn signage is still up above the bar at the end of the garden. 

We’ve also got new neighbours since last June and they are, pardon my French, fucking c**ts, so we’ll have an all night rave shall we? 

My neighbor has just sold her house and the new buyers bought it when my Glastonbury signs were still up and visible above the fence. I'm hoping this is a good omen for getting on with them.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, DarrenVonBoathook said:

My neighbor has just sold her house and the new buyers bought it when my Glastonbury signs were still up and visible above the fence. I'm hoping this is a good omen for getting on with them.

Fingers crossed for you 

11 hours ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

We did Garagebury last year (Glastonbury in the garage), so will no doubt do this same this year!

B34F4B5E-BD5C-4770-AEAD-3CB6679169B6.jpeg

85D4345B-9D86-415C-B61F-B21FDF4374F9.jpeg

C86A02F6-3519-4219-8C73-CDB078129546.jpeg

6FEED128-A129-406B-9CFF-EFF44ACC8308.jpeg

Hell of a garage 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, gsansom said:

Rebuilding this bigger and better. The weather that Wednesday and Tbursday was a peach!

20200624_113137.jpg

20200624_155740.jpg

20200624_155838.jpg

20200624_160002.jpg

20200624_165546.jpg

20200624_171551.jpg

20200624_171304.jpg

20200624_201931.jpg

20200624_221509.jpg

Great effort. Especially love the wristbands! I just printed a picture of one on paper and cut it to size. But that one is serious effort 👏 

Edited by Mackem
  • Upvote 1

On 1/21/2021 at 11:56 PM, Tartan_Glasto said:

We did Garagebury last year (Glastonbury in the garage), so will no doubt do this same this year!

B34F4B5E-BD5C-4770-AEAD-3CB6679169B6.jpeg

85D4345B-9D86-415C-B61F-B21FDF4374F9.jpeg

C86A02F6-3519-4219-8C73-CDB078129546.jpeg

6FEED128-A129-406B-9CFF-EFF44ACC8308.jpeg

This is awesome. I'm moving into a new house soon and the garage is almost identical to that, size/shape-wise. If I can convince the Mrs, I think I may have to convert it into a bar, especially in time for June!

Stupid question (from someone with ZERO DIY or creativity skills), but those sheets in between the beams on the ceiling - did you put them in yourself or were they already there? Mine has those beams but in between it's all exposed and rank!

14 hours ago, gsansom said:

Rebuilding this bigger and better. The weather that Wednesday and Tbursday was a peach

20200625_144139.jpg

Can I ask where you got your wristbands done @gsansom?  My wife and I had some done for all the guests at our wedding a few years back and they were great, but these look amazing

On 1/21/2021 at 3:14 PM, Wellyboot said:

Ah man, i cant face the 'Glasthomebury' thing again.

I built it up to be great, was gonna make the most of it all and in reality it just made me sad. I dont think i'll bother this time 

Yup, I'm not sure I can. I got right into it first time round but I think this was really just because it was a good distraction from what was going on. ATM things are worse (ok its winter which doesn't help) and the thought of no Glastonbury doesn't seem likely that doing Glasthomebury again will help this time round. However, come summer it may well look a lot better so we will see if I get the urge to join in.

Some of last years efforts.

IMG_4635a.jpg

IMG_4654a.jpg

IMG_4668a.jpg

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, DarrenVonBoathook said:

Yup, I'm not sure I can. I got right into it first time round but I think this was really just because it was a good distraction from what was going on. ATM things are worse (ok its winter which doesn't help) and the thought of no Glastonbury doesn't seem likely that doing Glasthomebury again will help this time round. However, come summer it may well look a lot better so we will see if I get the urge to join in.

Some of last years efforts.

IMG_4635a.jpg

IMG_4654a.jpg

IMG_4668a.jpg

You did a fantastic job, honestly looks brilliant!! But much like you, I really don't think I can do it this time.. my efforts were nowhere near as good as yours but I'd built it up to be something great and it was just a bit sad really 😔