Anyone Else Just Gonna Do Glastonbury Anyway?

chatty

Yes am doing Glastonbury since last night through to Monday night.  Going to watch lots of the BBC coverage on TV and iPlayer.  Last night I watched Lana Del Rey, Jeff Lynn's ELO, and ended the night watching Underworld.  Going to be watching a lot more from today.

Also getting into the spirit having Glasto style food and drinks.  Had some Cheesy Chips last night.  Today I'll have a Quarter Pounder Cheeseburger for dinner and then this evening will probably have a Margherita Pizza.  Will have a few Brothers Pear Cider's later too!

Put the lights out last night. LED strings around the gazebo and some big (too big really) colour change lights on the ribbon tower and Glastonbury sign. Lounged in front of the screen, had a few ciders and watched the beeb pop up glasto channel output for a few hours.It was quite enjoyable and mellow. Adding the lights definitely added something extra to the back garden event. (Not very good quality Video  here ). We all slept in the van, which was ridiculously hot so very little sleep was had.

Was it worth it? Dunno. I suspect the building part was just about keeping me busy as we came up to what would have been Glastonbury week and in that succeeded. It's no substitute for being at the farm though 🙂.

IMG_4654a.jpg

IMG_4668a.jpg

Edited by DarrenVonBoathook
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

This place is a regular stop for me at festivals when I’m feeling full of pie and cheese toasties  - always have their pitta with falafel, hummus, tahini and “goodness salad” which they claim has 12 different ingredients. Anyone remember what they are as we’re having them for tea tonight? All I can recall is lettuce, cucumber, red pepper, red cabbage.

21 minutes ago, Mackem said:

This place is a regular stop for me at festivals when I’m feeling full of pie and cheese toasties  - always have their pitta with falafel, hummus, tahini and “goodness salad” which they claim has 12 different ingredients. Anyone remember what they are as we’re having them for tea tonight? All I can recall is lettuce, cucumber, red pepper, red cabbage.

Sadly not. We are doing the same today as well