Anyone Else Just Gonna Do Glastonbury Anyway?

chatty

Some of the effort you've all put in is amazing. Great stuff.

Me and my friends don't have the same creativity so on saturday we are just going to smash our way through a ton of burrow hill on my mates farm (not Eavis unfortunately!) whilst doing our best to let our wives look after all of our kids.

• Upvote 1

I had a 'number two' a bit earlier and whilst going about my business played a YouTube video of the long drops. The sound of the doors banging shut was really rather comforting 🙃

• Upvote 2

Whilst drunk and spurred on by my friends about a month or so back, I bought one of those ghastly inflatable hot tubs for my mini Glastonbury on Saturday. I’ve finally set it up today and I’m currently sitting in it drowning my sorrows about not being at Glastonbury.

In terms of an area to call it, I can’t think of anything other than maybe Glastonbury on sea?

2 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Whilst drunk and spurred on by my friends about a month or so back, I bought one of those ghastly inflatable hot tubs for my mini Glastonbury on Saturday. I’ve finally set it up today and I’m currently sitting in it drowning my sorrows about not being at Glastonbury.

In terms of an area to call it, I can’t think of anything other than maybe Glastonbury on sea?

Lost Horizons?

1 hour ago, nikkic said:

I’ve now come to the conclusion that I just want this weekend to be over ASAP. 

We can then focus on next year. 

(As soon as I have a ticket in the resale). 

After not even trying to get a ticket this year as I has other, now cancelled, arrangement (a stag do...the stag is aware of my view on his choice of date!) I'm in the re-sale group for next year too. I've resigned myself to the chances of actually getting a ticket being pretty minimal though. I see Glasthomebury this year as just a dress rehearsal for having to do it all again in 2021 when the festival is actually happening, I want to be there but probably end up ticketless!

1 hour ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I did think that but isn’t it a sauna? Or at least that’s what I thought.

Ive also got a beer pong table to name as an area, but I’m completely lost on that one 

Yeah it is but a hot tub is in keeping with the whole vibe. Especially if you can skinny dip in it!

6 hours ago, Skelts said:

It’s coming together. Tent coming out on Friday 👍

3757680B-F9AB-4549-A62E-26BD8E1A326D.jpeg

That's amazing! Such a great garden too, love the open space behind! 

2 hours ago, nikkic said:

I’ve now come to the conclusion that I just want this weekend to be over ASAP. 

We can then focus on next year. 

(As soon as I have a ticket in the resale). 

I'm pretty similar, especially the resale bit! 

...and here's some of my setup lit up.

Decent start to the festival so far. Few pints in the sun, spent some time in front of the stone circle courtesy of Glasto's Facebook stream, found a place (my bbq) serving a decent burger and caught Dr John Cooper Clarke at the cabaret tent via YouTube!!

Bring on tomorrow morning 🙂

20200624_234953-01.jpeg

• Upvote 3

Very good first day. I watched Solange, Seasick Steve with John Paul Jones, Faithless from 2002, the White Stripes, Joe Strummer & the Mescaleroes and U2. Only the last two I was actually at.

Such a pity I have never seen the White Stripes live in real life. 

Joe Strummer was better in my memory, whereas the U2 fullsetter was even better than the real thing - better sound and it’s warm and dry here.