Anyone Else Just Gonna Do Glastonbury Anyway?

chatty

3 hours ago, Skelts said:

Credit to @Pinheadfor this, mentioned in a less well visited thread.  I thought this was worthy of sharing further - they're really atmospheric.  Listen with headphones and you're transported straight back to the farm!

https://www.vam.ac.uk/articles/glastonbury-festival-soundscapes

These are great i will definitely have them on in the background for a while 

1 hour ago, Wellyboot said:

What have you made it out of? 

Used 75cm wide paper on a long roll. The section from the top of the 'legs' to the silver foil top on one 2m length then cut down to size after painting, the legs on another bit then cut to size after painting, then stuck the led string around the edge :) Took a while drawing it all out before going over with paint but quite pleased with it.

23 hours ago, blutarsky said:

I'm lucky enough to live next door to a sign writer, so I got her to print the letters as vinyl cut our stickers, and I'm planning on applying them to plexi-glass/perspex then mounting that on top of our fence/on the roof of the neighbour's shed so it has a horizon style appearance. 

I also started fixing some of my signage in position yesterday, and erected the first flags. I've been meaning to name my garden bar for two years, so pleased to finally get a sign on it. 

IMG_4779.jpg

IMG_4778.jpg

Et voila... 

Lettering will go on top of that flat roof for the weekend. 

00F48D43-C364-4418-8AF7-39E8FC586F5A.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

Just discovered our gazebo bit the dust after a party last October so have had to order a cheapo one at the last minute.

Also got more flags to add, some extra fairy lights, garden candles, hang some bunting, put the sign on the roof top, put up the gazebo, put up the tent, drag the Glasto trolley in, put booze on the optics and stick out the mini-versions of Cineramageddon, the ribbon tower and the Pyramid and then wire them, plus a final cut of the grass this afternoon.

I should deserve a beer by the end of the afternoon I'd say? 

29 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

I really do envy all you guys with gardens 😭

Yep likewise ... today of all days my neighbour decides he’s going to build a shed and the painters and decorators decide it’s time to electric sand my windows ... peace is shattered I’m in a first floor flat 

Edited by crazyfool1

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

Yep likewise ... today of all days my neighbour decides he’s going to build a shed and the painters and decorators decide it’s time to electric sand my windows ... peace is shattered I’m in a first floor flat 

It's a nightmare isn't it, when I eventually get a garden I will never ever take it for granted that's for sure.

1 hour ago, mpsamuels said:

Signs have started popping up and the stone circle is in place here. There's still plenty to do yet but I think we'll be ready in time for the gates opening!

20200623_135337.jpg

20200623_135355.jpg

That stone circle is quite something. Is it going to become a permanent feature? 

If it was mine I reckon it would purely because I’d not be arsed to lug them out after all the effort of getting them in! 

17 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

That stone circle is quite something. Is it going to become a permanent feature? 

If it was mine I reckon it would purely because I’d not be arsed to lug them out after all the effort of getting them in! 

Based on my wife's initial reaction i'm thinking I'm going to have to bring myself to be arsed to lug them back into place at some point on Tuesday! 🤣