Anyone Else Just Gonna Do Glastonbury Anyway?

chatty

9 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

Are there any other good weekend craft projects other than ribbon towers? 

Which maybe aren't quite as involved as the antler rings posted earlier.

A happy medium of looks good, but can also buy what I need from the local shopping centre.

You could try and make the glasto sign out of cardboard? I'm using paint instead of haberdashery

48 minutes ago, DarrenVonBoathook said:

How is everyone getting with their Glastonbury sign? 

I can't help looking at mine and keep thinking of the Spinal Tap Stonehenge bit...

Bigger is probably better for a more convincing  sign.

IMG_4581a.jpg

I’ve used the same letters but yours look like they’re finished better. I’ve stuck wooden bbq skewers to the back of mine and will stick them in the ground so they’re slightly raised, which I think makes them look a tiny bit more like the real thing. 

Yes same here. I've just arrived home with a load bamboo poles so I can mount them in a similar way in the raised bed behind. If I can find lights to lay on the bed and uplight the sign I'll give it ago.

These letters are photos of the Glastonbury sign letters printed out and stuck onto foam board, rather than the pdf font which is maybe why they look slightly different? 

We've got the skittles vodka coming along nicely, painting bins, got some rocks to make a mini stone circle, (made a trip to the woods with a sack trolley today), Brothers Cider and just ordered some Cider Bus cider, disco ball for the trees (The Glade), our gazebo frame looks a bit pyramid stage esque although we've set up the hot tub under there. Need to find the packet of mud a friend brought me back from the Dead Sea..

4 hours ago, DarrenVonBoathook said:

Yes same here. I've just arrived home with a load bamboo poles so I can mount them in a similar way in the raised bed behind. If I can find lights to lay on the bed and uplight the sign I'll give it ago.

These letters are photos of the Glastonbury sign letters printed out and stuck onto foam board, rather than the pdf font which is maybe why they look slightly different? 

Ah ok they’re different letters. I’ve just printed mine on to card but I might try and make a bit more effort with them if I have time.

Mine will be similar they’ll be in a bed with slate clippings in which luckily have spotlights in already which will light them up. You could use something like this or similar: Tomshine Solar Ground Lights 4 Pack IP68 Waterproof Solar Disk Lights for Outdoor Garden Warm White 12 LEDs for Patio Garden Pathway Lawn Yard https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07ZP339B1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_.H67Eb6N1PKJQ

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

3 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

You could use something like this or similar: Tomshine Solar Ground Lights 4 Pack IP68 Waterproof Solar Disk Lights for Outdoor Garden Warm White 12 LEDs for Patio Garden Pathway Lawn Yard https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07ZP339B1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_.H67Eb6N1PKJQ

Great stuff thanks for that link. 👍

I'll have a look at those.

17 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I’ve used the same letters but yours look like they’re finished better. I’ve stuck wooden bbq skewers to the back of mine and will stick them in the ground so they’re slightly raised, which I think makes them look a tiny bit more like the real thing. 

I'm lucky enough to live next door to a sign writer, so I got her to print the letters as vinyl cut our stickers, and I'm planning on applying them to plexi-glass/perspex then mounting that on top of our fence/on the roof of the neighbour's shed so it has a horizon style appearance. 

I also started fixing some of my signage in position yesterday, and erected the first flags. I've been meaning to name my garden bar for two years, so pleased to finally get a sign on it. 

IMG_4779.jpg

IMG_4778.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Helsbels said:

We need to get making our signs, if anybody could send me the font that would be amazing. Thanks in advance :)

9 hours ago, payneruk said:

Could someone send me the sign font pretty please.

Use this link and it will auto download two .ttf files for caps only fonts and a .pdf with the letters from the Glastonbury 'Hollywood' sign: https://bit.ly/2YQf5ZF 

Drop me a PM with your emails if that doesn't work and I can send them. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1