Anyone Else Just Gonna Do Glastonbury Anyway?

chatty

Have bought lots of outdoor lights to put in the garden and planning on making our street name in the style of the glasto sign with all the cardboard we've accumulated from deliveries and some paint to hang on the back fence.  

Our plan is to put a tent in the garden and borrow our friend's projector, put a white sheet up and project the different sets being broadcast onto the sheet all of saturday. Might also see if there is a glasto 2020 playlist with all the acts that would have performed and have that for when we're not watching sets.  We're all going to get dressed up in our finest festival gear too i'm really very excited. 

• Upvote 1

Stage builders were busy on site last night on day one , may need to move indoors tonight as rain is forecast.

I will provide photo update later of the second day of construction.

Rumours are RUSH will be the Saturday night headliners but agreement has been made in  principal for Wildwood Kin to play a chilled late night set on the stage afterwards.

thumbnail_IMG_4841.jpg

Edited by ivan
  • Upvote 1

Went down to my caravan storage site today and brought back various useful bits including a flagpole (though I should be able to find my tent in the garden), an inflatable airbed and pump, my sleeping bag and blanket collection (mainly from Joe Bananas).

I also have plans to construct a mini Pyramid stage to look out on.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Skelts said:

I’m also planning on building a pyramid stage. Started on the ribbon tower at the weekend and the bunting arrived today for our flagtopia 

D8FD42E1-3EF3-4EF9-B1F0-DF4406EE6C8E.jpeg

What's the structure for that if you don't mind me asking? Gone through a few ideas now and can't find anything that holds up

15 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

What's the structure for that if you don't mind me asking? Gone through a few ideas now and can't find anything that holds up

I opened up a big cardboard box and then just rolled it up! Wrapped sellotape around it to keep it in place and stapled the ribbons to it 👍

Here’s the ‘before’ picture. Very low tech!

F32BED50-BCE4-4DB3-9D18-0BC6B56BA393.jpeg

Love the cardboard pyramid, might have to do that!

We're joining in the fun too, just me, hubby and the boy, but it's a milestone birthday weekend for me and want it to be as special as it can be stuck at home. We didn't get tickets this year, which was totally gutting, so I'm strangely somewhat relieved the festival isn't on, for the very selfish reason it means I can participate in the (hugely scaled-down) fun and not avoid any mention of it all weekend while pretending it isn't happening (that will be next year!). We're appreciating the smaller pleasures in these awful and strange times, so... we will be camping in the garden, having a makeshift bbq in a wheelbarrow, drinking lots of booze and watching the historic coverage. Hoorah!

22 hours ago, Sasperella said:

This store on eBay, she has so many good combos....and biodegradable obvs. Comes in a cute little bag if you get the 4 for 3 deal

(Wouldn't bother with the fix gel... It's a bit shit and lip balm is way better!)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Biodegradable-Cosmetic-Glitter-chunky-mix-Festival-Party-make-up-face-eco-body/253499181582?hash=item3b05ba8a0e:g:9I4AAOSwTUdcv19i

Thanks for this! So many different types 🤩

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

He clearly doesn't know anybody who posts on eFests.

It was my initial thought as well.

But then I thought we’d all still go if a monsoon were predicted and Coldplay were headlining all three nights.

So I figured he’s got a point. 

On 6/15/2020 at 4:33 PM, kh24 said:

Been hoping that Power Ballad Yoga might pop up somewhere online but if not i might recreate my own (lycra optional!) 🧘‍♀️👩‍🎤

(Also, if anyone needs a heartwarming story right now the last post on their FB page is a picture of a couple who met at one of their Glastonbury sessions a couple of years ago and now they are married!)   

They have it tomorrow on the Greenpeace festival. https://actionallareas.org/areas/ I have never done it but am tempted!