Anyone Else Just Gonna Do Glastonbury Anyway?

chatty

Been hoping that Power Ballad Yoga might pop up somewhere online but if not i might recreate my own (lycra optional!) 🧘‍♀️👩‍🎤

(Also, if anyone needs a heartwarming story right now the last post on their FB page is a picture of a couple who met at one of their Glastonbury sessions a couple of years ago and now they are married!)   

Hi @danbailey80

terribly sorry I don't have a doc or pdf of these.  I wanted these to be painted (as I think the Glastonbury ones are) ,  so it was all done with SignBlazer and a vinyl cutter to make templates for the lines of text and then laid out, masked up, painted and sprayed onto a piece of ply. Things like the arrow/chevrons was just created using masking tape and spray paint. The box around 'A' is actually electricians tape because I couldn't face going round yet again as I had forgotten to mask off the box when I did the chevron. So mostly a manual process and there isn't an electronic version of each sign. 

However, @brandycoke kindly supplied me with the font, which should be all you really need to lay out a sign in word or similar. Just make the font suitably big, type in the text, arrange on the page and print out and glue to some suitable backing? Will probably look a whole lot better than mine and take a lot less time 😀

Edited by DarrenVonBoathook
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, DarrenVonBoathook said:

Hi @danbailey80

terribly sorry I don't have a doc or pdf of these.  I wanted these to be painted (as I think the Glastonbury ones are) ,  so it was all done with SignBlazer and a vinyl cutter to make templates for the lines of text and then laid out, masked up, painted and sprayed onto a piece of ply. Things like the arrow/chevrons was just created using masking tape and spray paint. The box around 'A' is actually electricians tape because I couldn't face going round yet again as I had forgotten to mask off the box when I did the chevron. So mostly a manual process and there isn't an electronic version of each sign. 

However, @brandycoke kindly supplied me with the font, which should be all you really need to lay out a sign in word or similar. Just make the font suitably big, type in the text, arrange on the page and print out and glue to some suitable backing? Will probably look a whole lot better than mine and take a lot less time 😀

Thanks for info. They look great. 

1 hour ago, DarrenVonBoathook said:

Hi @danbailey80

@Brave Sir Robin kindly sent me the font, @danbailey80 Once you've loaded it you can type your own signs in word or - better imo - ppt, and add your own chevrons. My first attempt is attached. But now the world's my oyster :) I'm using @DarrenVonBoathook's photos as inspiration and for the structural detailing 

Slide1.jpg

8 hours ago, Mackem said:

@Brave Sir Robin kindly sent me the font, @danbailey80 Once you've loaded it you can type your own signs in word or - better imo - ppt, and add your own chevrons. My first attempt is attached. But now the world's my oyster :) I'm using @DarrenVonBoathook's photos as inspiration and for the structural detailing 

Slide1.jpg

Looks great. You could try tightening up the kerning on the font to make it look even better. I found certain letters are better spaced than others so highlighted sections of words to specifically vary the kerning. 

@Brave Sir Robin your inbox tells me you can't accept PMs... so could you please send me a copy of the font for the signs?

Everyone else - if you want to send postcards from your home-based Glastonbury you can get them from these people https://www.festivalpostcards.com/

They also have cards from previous years' festivals in case you missed out on them.

17 minutes ago, Chazwozza said:

@Brave Sir Robin your inbox tells me you can't accept PMs... so could you please send me a copy of the font for the signs?

It won't let me send the link here due to it 'having to be reviewed by moderators' but I'll PM you the link that blutarsky sent me.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Chazwozza said:

Everyone else - if you want to send postcards from your home-based Glastonbury you can get them from these people https://www.festivalpostcards.com/

They also have cards from previous years' festivals in case you missed out on them.

Ah sorry about that. I’ve cleared some space again now if you want to try again (or there’s always Twitter). I’ve 2 ttf files, if that’s what’s at Blutarsky’s link.

Just now, Sasperella said:

Got some great goodies in the post today to fight of this new type of Glasto Blues 

IMG-20200618-WA0003.jpeg

IMG_20200618_102252.jpg

Oooohhh pretty glitter!!!! :girlinlove: Where did you get it from? I got mine out last night and its looking pretty low, thought I'd be able to make a do but now I want more :) 

5 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

Oooohhh pretty glitter!!!! :girlinlove: Where did you get it from? I got mine out last night and its looking pretty low, thought I'd be able to make a do but now I want more :) 

This store on eBay, she has so many good combos....and biodegradable obvs. Comes in a cute little bag if you get the 4 for 3 deal

(Wouldn't bother with the fix gel... It's a bit shit and lip balm is way better!)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Biodegradable-Cosmetic-Glitter-chunky-mix-Festival-Party-make-up-face-eco-body/253499181582?hash=item3b05ba8a0e:g:9I4AAOSwTUdcv19i

Edited by Sasperella
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

This store on eBay, she has so many good combos....and biodegradable obvs. Comes in a cute little bag if you get the 4 for 3 deal

(Wouldn't bother with the fix gel... It's a bit shit and lip balm is way better!)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Biodegradable-Cosmetic-Glitter-chunky-mix-Festival-Party-make-up-face-eco-body/253499181582?hash=item3b05ba8a0e:g:9I4AAOSwTUdcv19i

Brilliant!! Thank you so much!! You're wonderful!! :) gonna order some now!!