Anyone Else Just Gonna Do Glastonbury Anyway?

chatty

26 minutes ago, DarrenVonBoathook said:

Thanks for sharing that link 👍. Originally I was going to get some rainbow material and try and cut it up into strips but that looks like a much better idea.

I love that fact that this company will probably be scratching its head, trying to understand why it’s had a sudden dramatic spike in sales of this particular door screen. 

• Upvote 1

I am gonna organise a Glastonbury schedule for me and the missus over the Fri/Sat/Sun. Gonna set up times and watch some stuff on BBC and also have our own slots where we can play choons. Also going to try and have a social distancing drink with the people we were due to go with on a single basis over the weekend built into the time slots and they can play some choons for us. That would replicate the hike from stage to stage. Would have put the tent up if we had a garden.

Back in work now instead of a week off but have taken the Friday off so we can have our own Glastonbury.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Any easy recommendations for festival food ? never tried much at the festival  because of the difficulty of knowing carb content of things at the  festival ... but if im cooking at home it should be easier to work out ...

I can't vouch for ease or carb content but my current first draft menu for the weekend includes:

Breakfast (daily) - Bacon, mayo and spinach wrap. I don't know why but i always go for the wrap rather than bun option at Glasto which seems to include a small salad by default. Egg, mushroom or other additions could be included.

Main Meal - 1) Slow cooked roast pork bun with crackling and apple sauce 2) Some sort of falafel salad with houmous, flatbread and dips 3) Tartiflette & Sausage al la Le Grande Bouffe 4) (Goan?) Fish Curry 5) Jerk Chicken rice and peas

I'm hoping to prepare everything in advance so the closest I get to simulating a queue at a food stall is the wait for the microwave!! Crisps, nuts, breakfast bars and other snacks through the day....done!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, mpsamuels said:

I can't vouch for ease or carb content but my current first draft menu for the weekend includes:

Breakfast (daily) - Bacon, mayo and spinach wrap. I don't know why but i always go for the wrap rather than bun option at Glasto which seems to include a small salad by default. Egg, mushroom or other additions could be included.

Main Meal - 1) Slow cooked roast pork bun with crackling and apple sauce 2) Some sort of falafel salad with houmous, flatbread and dips 3) Tartiflette & Sausage al la Le Grande Bouffe 4) (Goan?) Fish Curry 5) Jerk Chicken rice and peas

I'm hoping to prepare everything in advance so the closest I get to simulating a queue at a food stall is the wait for the microwave!! Crisps, nuts, breakfast bars and other snacks through the day....done!

Seems like military planning in operation there :) .... some definate ideas ... and a cooked breakfast is very tempting ... 

On 6/13/2020 at 2:30 PM, Northtim said:

Got some flags ordered from link earlier in thread.

Couple of these on the way which I hope will make Ribbon tower Door screen

With full credit to Stuart Hillston on Glastochat now trying to get something printed using his creation glastobet

I checked this link on Saturday and it pointed to the whole alphabet. Now it seems to have stopped working. I had a look at Sturart's facebook feed and he referenced it but all that's there now is a screen grab - no pdfs. Do you have the alphabet @Northtim?

7 hours ago, Mackem said:

I checked this link on Saturday and it pointed to the whole alphabet. Now it seems to have stopped working. I had a look at Sturart's facebook feed and he referenced it but all that's there now is a screen grab - no pdfs. Do you have the alphabet @Northtim?

I downloaded it - PM me your email and I'll send it to you. 

What's everyone plans for bringing in all your mates to share the glasto experience? Our Glasto crew do not live in Glasgow. Assuming it's sunny, we want to have it in the (shared) garden, somehow watching it projected on to a wall. A couple of my neighbours have shown an interest in joining, which will make it feel a bit more festivaly, but it seems really hard to zoom in a bunch of people whilst watching sets and chilling in the garden. Obviously if it pisses it down all weekend it gets a bit easier, but watching anything whilst zooming seems impossible.... 

Schedule "zoom breaks" in throughout the day to recreate the chat on the amble between stages?

34 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I’d like to somehow do some kind of virtual / zoom efest meet ... could be quite chaotic though ... 

Ha! We could totally try and schedule this! Wednesday evening at 6.30?? Anyone got premium zoom? Maybe you'd have to register interest and be sent the link by whoever's zoom we were using...

1 minute ago, Sasperella said:

Ha! We could totally try and schedule this! Wednesday evening at 6.30?? Anyone got premium zoom? Maybe you'd have to register interest and be sent the link by whoever's zoom we were using...

It would have to be the same time as the meet of course ... :) I’m sure someone will have ... could be fairly chaotic ... as all large zoom calls are ... everyone needs a name badge sticker ... any organised people that want to step up ? :) 

15 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I have premium zoom due to work! I think it's up to 99 attendees.

Edited by vintagelaureate

25 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I’d like to somehow do some kind of virtual / zoom efest meet ... could be quite chaotic though ... 

I'm in a facebook group that are trying to organise something similar. It's still a work in progress but there's talk of various zoom meets running through the weekend for people to drop in and out of, potentially each representing some sort of 'stage' so people can join a meet relevant to the BBC channel or other stream they are watching and all watch, dance and chat along together.

With a few thousand members it's not as if it's a small clique that no one else is allowed in to so I'm sure you'd all be welcome once the links are active. Arranging an efests specific meet shouldn't be too difficult either as long as someone has a premium account or better idea than zoom.

1 hour ago, vintagelaureate said:

I have premium zoom due to work! I think it's up to 99 attendees.

I've got it too - 100 people max. 

I can create a meeting room if it's something people want to do. Don't want to drink too much before setting off my Glasthomebury opening fireworks at dusk though. 

6 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

I've got it too - 100 people max. 

I can create a meeting room if it's something people want to do. Don't want to drink too much before setting off my Glasthomebury opening fireworks at dusk though. 

I actually have a firework app that links with my lights ... fully safe when drinking :)