Anyone Else Just Gonna Do Glastonbury Anyway?

chatty

I'm considering just sanding still in the garden with a heavy rucksack getting pissed from about 5am Weds morning. I might start slowly shuffling round from 8am ish for about an hour and then gonna put my tent up :lol:

(I'm not joking, if its not pissing it down I actually might)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Right, now my partner is on board I'm going all out for this. Tech essentials I figure I need is a (garden) wifi extender and headphone socket adapter for two sets of wireless headphones (preferably apple sockets as those are the headphones we have). I know these have been discussed a bit on here and will probably go off those recommendations... unless anyone has any more?

16 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Hate to tell you, but turns out that the guy off of Thatchers is a Colston c**t

https://www.merchantventurers.com/author/martinthatcher/

The Merchant Venturers may have had their origins in iffy trade but surely becoming a member now is just joining a charitable organisation - it doesn't mean you approve of slavery.

22 hours ago, Northtim said:

Got some flags ordered from link earlier in thread.

Couple of these on the way which I hope will make Ribbon tower Door screen

With full credit to Stuart Hillston on Glastochat now trying to get something printed using his creation glastobet

Thanks for posting (and to the creator) I will use those letters.

As usual took longer than expected but more or less done now.

Clearly the geography/direction of the signs is wrong but I'm  not going to worry about that. There is another sign made but it might look too crowded so it will stay as it is for the moment and on with the next bit. 

IMG_4552a.jpg

Edited by DarrenVonBoathook
Grammer
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 8

2 hours ago, DarrenVonBoathook said:

As usual took longer than expected but more or less done now.

Clearly the geography/direction of the signs is wrong but I'm  not going to worry about that. There is another sign made but it might look too crowded so it will stay as it is for the moment and on with the next bit. 

IMG_4552a.jpg

that is brilliant!!! Well done you!! I'm no where near that creative but I bloody wish i was!! 

On the weds afternoon I usually get a square pie, mash, beans and gravy from the park.. that would be easy to do at home :) Thats what I'm going to do, although it probably won't be a square pie it will just be a normal one from the shop :lol:

I don't tend to eat much at the festival, after that I'll usually have a cheese and onion or cheese and spinach crepe from the top of Pennards on the Saturday morning. Also easy enough to do at home :)

Just now, Wellyboot said:

On the weds afternoon I usually get a square pie, mash, beans and gravy from the park.. that would be easy to do at home :) Thats what I'm going to do, although it probably won't be a square pie it will just be a normal one from the shop :lol:

I don't tend to eat much at the festival, after that I'll usually have a cheese and onion or cheese and spinach crepe from the top of Pennards on the Saturday morning. Also easy enough to do at home :)

I cant live the weekend on pringles and custard creams washed down with thatchers and a smoothie to wake up to thats my usual festival nutrition ....  

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I cant live the weekend on pringles and custard creams washed down with thatchers and a smoothie to wake up to thats my usual festival nutrition ....  

That is a proper festival diet :) easier to do in a field tho, not so much at home 

34 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

I'm the opposite I want to eat too much! 

My friend loves Piggy Smalls - that was always his go to at  night time by West Holts. 

Chapati Man, multiple veg curry places, Mac and Cheese, and chunky chips become my staples.

Well a daytime party with some of my glasto group is booked in.

My friend has a small farm so is hosting.

Bit different to a usual festival Saturday though given all of our kids will be there as well but will be great none the less.

It'll be hometime for everyone around 7pm so the kids are in bed usual time but midday - 7 should be enough time to see off plenty of burrow hill cider between us!

33 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

I'm the opposite I want to eat too much! 

My friend loves Piggy Smalls - that was always his go to at  night time by West Holts. 

Chapati Man, multiple veg curry places, Mac and Cheese, and chunky chips become my staples.

I miss all the good food! Every year I say I'm going to go steady so I can eat more cos it all looks so good!! Then I get there and the party takes over! 

I remember my first year, 2008, and I went down with my mum and dad in their camper van. We didn't arrive until about 11.30pm weds night and I was starving! Pitched my tent next to their van and wandered down to the first food place I found, got chips and curry sauce but the curry sauce had raisins in it?? :lol: i was pretty much sober at that point too so it definitely happened!! Very weird!!

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

Any easy recommendations for festival food ? never tried much at the festival  because of the difficulty of knowing carb content of things at the  festival ... but if im cooking at home it should be easier to work out ...

http://www.nobonesjones.co.uk/phone/index.html

https://www.brownsbfs.co.uk/Product/Jones-Hugh/No-Bones-Jones-Festival-cookbook---veggie--vegan-recipes-/9781912631063

#plug 

• Like 1