Anyone Else Just Gonna Do Glastonbury Anyway?

chatty

8 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Mine was based on top of a 2litre fizzy drink bottle ... which enabled me to glue some led strips to the inside ... and once the ribbons are glued on the outside looks quite effective lit up ... 

I’ll steal that, cheers 👍

• Like 1

I didn't manage to get tickets this year which was soul destroying and still is a little as its highly unlikely I'll get in to the festival any time soon .since the bbc announced all the coverage that's going to be happening over the weekend I've been buying plotting and planning to turn my garden in to Glastonbury for the weekend. Its quite a large garden that all ready has a big decked area that has a bar that I built and is covered with a sun canopy , I have an outdoor brick building that I'm going to turn in to some sort of mini version of shangr la , lights political messages dolls heads ect , I'm turning my garage in to a London underground style club with my decks lights and decorations. I've also bought numerous things for the garden itself, bunting, large flag posts a child's teepee for added effect and various other things , I've also started making a sign post with all the different locations and directions as I've got the Glastonbury font down to a tee now ,I'm also building a ribbon tower from a large rainbow umbrella at the top with multi coloured fly door stoppers for the sides ,fair to say I'm quite excited about it and a bit obsessed 

Screenshot_20200609-091658_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20200609-091637_eBay.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Steel city camper said:

I didn't manage to get tickets this year which was soul destroying and still is a little as its highly unlikely I'll get in to the festival any time soon .since the bbc announced all the coverage that's going to be happening over the weekend I've been buying plotting and planning to turn my garden in to Glastonbury for the weekend. Its quite a large garden that all ready has a big decked area that has a bar that I built and is covered with a sun canopy , I have an outdoor brick building that I'm going to turn in to some sort of mini version of shangr la , lights political messages dolls heads ect , I'm turning my garage in to a London underground style club with my decks lights and decorations. I've also bought numerous things for the garden itself, bunting, large flag posts a child's teepee for added effect and various other things , I've also started making a sign post with all the different locations and directions as I've got the Glastonbury font down to a tee now ,I'm also building a ribbon tower from a large rainbow umbrella at the top with multi coloured fly door stoppers for the sides ,fair to say I'm quite excited about it and a bit obsessed 

sounds fantastic ... dont forget to post the photos :) 

17 minutes ago, Steel city camper said:

That sounds great, it’s fairly similar to what I’ve got planned (although I’m no making nearly as much effort and my garden doesn’t sound half as nice) I’ve seen those flags and was going to buy a few, and likewise I’ve been making a few signs up. 

3 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

That sounds great, it’s fairly similar to what I’ve got planned (although I’m no making nearly as much effort and my garden doesn’t sound half as nice) I’ve seen those flags and was going to buy a few, and likewise I’ve been making a few signs up. 

Any chance of a link to the flags? 

15 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Hopefully we have some nice weather for it 

1 hour ago, Mackem said:

Any designers or typographers out there who know what this font is? Nearest I can get is some kind of big thick chunky version of Copperplate 

Bothers Logo.jpg

Looks like it might be the 'Brothers' typeface stretched out, so I'd concentrate on that bit

It isn't really a Mojito. Think they call it orchard mist?

Cider bus cider plus Kingston Black Aperitif with lemonade, mint and fruit. And ice of course. It's more like Pimm's I suppose. Proper ponce drink but who cares?

Either way, it's easier on palate than the Aldi every day breakfast brandy

So, I'm going to make a ribbon tower out of a pop bottle like I think it was Crazyfool said? So I've ordered some ribbon :)

Just wondered if anyone had any tips for making a Pyramid stage to sit over my laptop? I'm not very creative at all!! So any easy tips would be massively appreciated!!! :) 

It's only for me so I'm not bothered about it being amazing cos nobody else is gonna see it, I just wanna join in but don't really know where to start with it :) 

On 6/9/2020 at 9:50 AM, Steel city camper said:

When I scroll down that ebay page there is another link which looks like the same things but for £4.50 rather than £19.99 - am I missing something? ebay

EDIT - Ignore me, price changes when actually try to buy

Edited by Northtim
Dumbass

I'm still on annual leave on Glastonbury weekend, so planning to mark it in some way. As well as getting the ciders in, I'll be recreating my fave food choices to soak up some of the booze and the tears. Number one on the list is recreating the magnificent Goan fish curry.

Had grand plans for a 'Glastonbury in your Garden' but it looks like my son isn't going back to school now so I've had to settle for making a few bits as time is running out.

The garden isn't very big anyway and it has a garage, a camper van and a concrete drive running down one side so the grass area is quite small. We get to sleep out in the camper though so we don't need to find space for another tent.

We have a play tent that looks a little like a tipi so that's going up. We have lots of solar lights and some colourful pennant type flags which should help make it look a little bit more festival. 

I like the Glastonbury signposts pointing to all parts of the festival so I've been working on one of those.  I've got a pole, and made a few signs which are ok viewed at a distance. A couple more and some kind of clamp system and that should be finished. Also made a mini glasto look alike recycling bin out of a 21 litre solvent container. It didn't look very good until some foam weather strip was added to represent the swage lines that the originals have. It look a little better now,  though they are a bit uneven. It still needs decorating with a suitable pattern.

Original plans included something for the ribbon tower and a small Glastonbury sign. I'm not sure if either will get build now, but hopefully one will, plus a couple of other ideas I'm hoping won't take to much time.

Cider has been ordered.

IMG_4534a.jpg

IMG_4531a.jpg

• Upvote 6

6 minutes ago, DarrenVonBoathook said:

Had grand plans for a 'Glastonbury in your Garden' but it looks like my son isn't going back to school now so I've had to settle for making a few bits as time is running out.

The garden isn't very big anyway and it has a garage, a camper van and a concrete drive running down one side so the grass area is quite small. We get to sleep out in the camper though so we don't need to find space for another tent.

We have a play tent that looks a little like a tipi so that's going up. We have lots of solar lights and some colourful pennant type flags which should help make it look a little bit more festival. 

I like the Glastonbury signposts pointing to all parts of the festival so I've been working on one of those.  I've got a pole, and made a few signs which are ok viewed at a distance. A couple more and some kind of clamp system and that should be finished. Also made a mini glasto look alike recycling bin out of a 21 litre solvent container. It didn't look very good until some foam weather strip was added to represent the swage lines that the originals have. It look a little better now,  though they are a bit uneven. It still needs decorating with a suitable pattern.

Original plans included something for the ribbon tower and a small Glastonbury sign. I'm not sure if either will get build now, but hopefully one will, plus a couple of other ideas I'm hoping won't take to much time.

Cider has been ordered.

IMG_4534a.jpg

IMG_4531a.jpg

Love the signs and the bin!! :) great job!!!