Anyone Else Just Gonna Do Glastonbury Anyway?

chatty

At least we can modify the line up to suit and set the playlist accordingly.

But I have a feeling my mate will have Thin Lizzy headline on the Sat night !

44 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

I live 30mins from the site! On a clear day i can see the tor from our local landmark hill! I know tht if i want to be back in tht field next year we have to stay inside now! Stay home stay safe and save lives! 🌈💙 we can all then return! 
Glastonbury at home cud create some good photos and memories to keep us going through the coming months! 

So jealous! Desperate to see the Tor again! We’ve just had to cancel our pre festival week in Glastonbury,  we had so many plans what we were going to do but they will have to wait until next year. Don’t know about spending the Tuesday night in the car but the tent will be in the garden! Going to have to discuss the playlist though, Mrs c and I have enough lively discussions when at the festival as to who to see! Biffy could be headlining our Friday night! 

10 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

So jealous! Desperate to see the Tor again! We’ve just had to cancel our pre festival week in Glastonbury,  we had so many plans what we were going to do but they will have to wait until next year. Don’t know about spending the Tuesday night in the car but the tent will be in the garden! Going to have to discuss the playlist though, Mrs c and I have enough lively discussions when at the festival as to who to see! Biffy could be headlining our Friday night! 

Hope you can get something in later in the year ... if things improve obviously ... 

• Upvote 1

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

Hope you can get something in later in the year ... if things improve obviously ... 

You bet we will, as soon as it’s safe to travel and restrictions are lifted we will be burning up the M6 and M5!  Thank god for the therapy I get from e fests! It keeps me connected with the farm, that and the bbc webcam, the Tor webcam and the Glastonbury town webcam! 

2 hours ago, ivan said:

Are you sitting in the car Tuesday night and putting your tents up Weds morning ?

And do you think you may pack up early Sunday and miss the headliners ? 

Thankfully I'm always on site from the Saturday before as I volunteer for FMS and we always stay till Monday, who wants to leave the greatest place on earth.

Big names dropped for BlutarskyBury today - Got Frank Turner subbing for Pixies headlining the living room stage on Saturday, then going to leg it to the decking stage for our obligatory post headliner dance to Fatboy Slim. Torn between going on to Black Madonna in the downstairs loo or Carl Cox in the utility room after that. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 5/2/2020 at 10:13 PM, eiepete said:

I am still working and my first holiday of the year should have been Glastonbury, still having time off hoping BBC are going to show show shit loads of old sets

I hope the BBC actually use their archives properly and show a lot of old stuff from the 90s/early 00s and don’t just cop out by showing Radiohead from 97 and then a load of stuff from the last 5-6 years that’s easily accessible anyway...

2 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Those are the IBCs (with lights in them at night) adjacent to the walkway through Silver Hayes, aren't they?

That’s the ones ... cube henge I think was the name of them ... I’m sure you could mix music nearby and the lights would respond ? 

I 'did' an online festival this weekend - Into the Wild Beltane. The talks and discussions were good as were the healing and yoga type stuff. DJ sets also worked well. Acoustic stuff less well but thats because it was just set up on FB live which they couldnt help. I really enjoyed dipping in and out of whatever was on - it did manage to create the vibe really well.

3 hours ago, blutarsky said:

Big names dropped for BlutarskyBury today - Got Frank Turner subbing for Pixies headlining the living room stage on Saturday, then going to leg it to the decking stage for our obligatory post headliner dance to Fatboy Slim. Torn between going on to Black Madonna in the downstairs loo or Carl Cox in the utility room after that. 

Can't say too much at the mo but some secret sets are planned so keep eyes and ears peeled.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

thats the one ... did it have some kind of do it yourself dj setup ?

I think there was something along those lines in its first year - 2009 maybe?  These pics I took in 2010 when it had a conventional DJ set up, I remember seeing Craig Charles there on the Sunday that year.

1 minute ago, fatyeti24 said:

I think there was something along those lines in its first year - 2009 maybe?  These pics I took in 2010 when it had a conventional DJ set up, I remember seeing Craig Charles there on the Sunday that year.

ah ... I didnt even realise it was a venue .... just thought it was decoration ... 10 years does funny things with my memory ... along with Thatchers :) 

7 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

ah ... I didnt even realise it was a venue .... just thought it was decoration ... 10 years does funny things with my memory ... along with Thatchers :) 

It didn't last too long as a venue, and the cubes can still be found around the festival as decoration.

I've still got the Glasto week booked off as my husband's annual leave runs until the end of June so we'll be doing something... no idea what that might be though. 

Hopefully the weather is nice and I can set up "Gardenstonbury"! 

So to get myself into the spirit of this early doors I thought I'd order in some Festival Pear Cider - the original - only to find it doesn't look as if it's available any longer?! Did i miss something? It's not mentioned on the Brothers website and none of the major supermarkets come up on google. I mean I'm not much of a cider drinker - truth be told the only time I *ever* drink it is once a year at the Brothers Bar, the rest of the time (and the rest of the festival) it's ale. But I just assumed it would always be there for me, if I needed it!

3 hours ago, ivan said:

Can't say too much at the mo but some secret sets are planned so keep eyes and ears peeled.

Keep us posted - will need at least a week's notice to get the acts security clearance for the VIP area in our spare bedroom.