Anyone Else Just Gonna Do Glastonbury Anyway?

chatty

Cant go to the place but can still set a tent up in the garden, drink warm beer, listen to sets by the bands that were gonna play, get smashed, dance about, wear silly hats, eat loads of grub, wave flags etc.

If social distancing rules have relaxed then planning 4 friends, who we have done the last two Glastonburys with, (6 in total) to meet Saturday late afternoon with the hope that BBC deliver on their promise of a Glastonbury extravaganza. Tent in garden, some street food and drinks, spotted the cider bus 20l on the Cider thread. Hope to recreate some of the vibe.

I'll definitely be having a Glastonbury at home from the Wednesday when I would have been going, all the way through to Monday morning (will have an all nighter on the Sunday like I always do). I'll be drinking, eating groovy foods, watching Glastonbury sets, films, dancing and nudin up. All the usual things I do over the festival. Can't wait!

• Upvote 1

If the weather is nice I might go camping for the day in one of my fathers friends fields locally if the whether is nice. Obviously socially distancing, take a Bluetooth speaker, some cider & just chill for a day. Swipe through some photos of Glastonbury past & match up some songs to the picture.

Plan to have at least the group that I was going with over and do something with.

Im kicking myself because back in February before everything kicked off properly I had a big clear out including the garden. I had these giant garden canes that have been hanging around for a few years, I only ever used a couple of them. They’re were about 6 lm long and 4inches wide. They were cluttering up the garden so just gave them away to somebody thinking I’d never have any use for them.

Fast forward to now, I’ve got loads of time on my hands and Glastonbury is cancelled. I could’ve made a perfect pyramid replica out of them, I mean they were virtually made for the job.... I swear this type of thing is why people become hoarders!

1 hour ago, rubenz said:

Yeah I'm still going to take all the time off work and lounge about drinking cider, eating hotdogs and listening to music!

Think I might cut mine down ... not sure I will need quite the recovery time ... and I will have just finished my 12 weeks off and used up a bit of my holiday ... although not gonna be much happening before Dec 

14 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Think I might cut mine down ... not sure I will need quite the recovery time ... and I will have just finished my 12 weeks off and used up a bit of my holiday ... although not gonna be much happening before Dec 

My holiday year starts again on the 30th June due to starting  my job many years ago the day after Glastonbury 2009 which was fun! Going to end up with about 7 weeks holiday next year so hopefully we will be allowed to go somewhere at some point!

BTW I remember spotting you in your crazy Glasto suit one year at the back of the Pyramid field, roll on 2021!

2 minutes ago, rubenz said:

My holiday year starts again on the 30th June due to starting  my job many years ago the day after Glastonbury 2009 which was fun! Going to end up with about 7 weeks holiday next year so hopefully we will be allowed to go somewhere at some point!

BTW I remember spotting you in your crazy Glasto suit one year at the back of the Pyramid field, roll on 2021!

:) indeed ... hope u spot me in 2021 .. that means I will have got those precious tickets ... don’t be shy in saying hello ... although I know it’s often not easy with the crowds and movement at the fest 

6 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Was supposed to be Oxfam volunteering this glasto. Might replicate it at home by putting on some BBC coverage, then standing in a different room for 8 hours (while sober and wearing hi-vis).

You could allocate yourself some of the better shift patterns if you are feeling nice to yourself :) 

7 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

You could allocate yourself some of the better shift patterns if you are feeling nice to yourself :) 

True, and I could probably have a cheeky rum or two when nobody's looking!

1 hour ago, Simsy said:

Was supposed to be Oxfam volunteering this glasto. Might replicate it at home by putting on some BBC coverage, then standing in a different room for 8 hours (while sober and wearing hi-vis).

The occasional “ Can i check your wristband please ? “ Won’t go amiss.

And you could always head to SE corner of your home to make sure the naughty corner is behaving .

• Upvote 1

Yup, I am putting up the tent , getting in the beers and putting a screen at the window showing Glastonbury videos. 

For real authenticity I will ask my neighbour to talk incessantly through any set I am particularly looking forward to, ask my other neighbour to put up flags so my view is partially obscured and ask any very tall passers by to stand directly in front of me😁

and I will shed a few tears that I’m missing the greatest festival in the world.