Worthy FM

Fred Zepplin

11 minutes ago, Fred Zepplin said:

Do you think Worthy FM will be broadcast over what would be the festival period? 

They could record remotely or just play old shows from previous festival. I would love to be able to sit in the garden with a beer listening to it

Doubtful. I love the idea though and I really hope they do.

Worthy FM rule the airwaves in my campsite. An important part of the festival for me. I'd love to hear a re-run of a past festival broadcast over the 2020 dates but think it's been poo-pooed in the past through copyright issues (live sessions perhaps?).

3 minutes ago, northernringo said:

Noob question here but what is Worth FM?

Is it a Radio Broadcast by the festival itself? Does it play music that will be playing the stages?

Worthy FM was the successor to Radio Avalon, a volunteer run radio station that broadcasts for a week of the festival.  Interviews with performers, some acoustic sets performed in the station studio, general information and helpful stuff like traffic news (helpful for people driving to/leaving the festival).  You can usually pick it up on a car radio up to about fifteen miles from the site.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worthy_FM

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, northernringo said:

Noob question here but what is Worth FM?

Is it a Radio Broadcast by the festival itself? Does it play music that will be playing the stages?

Yep along with interviews relating to the festival ... a few of us got mentions last year when we tweeted them prior to the http://worthyfm.com/

• Upvote 1

On 4/28/2020 at 4:01 PM, Quark said:

Confession time.

Don't think I've ever listened to Worthy FM.

I have bur normally in the car on the way out of the car park..... 

controversially ... i don;t like the presents I have heard 

On 4/29/2020 at 12:05 PM, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I certainly listened to it a lot on the Wednesday of 2016 

Yup! Memories of sitting in the traffic jam between Glastonbury and Pilton for hours on end listening to reports of campervans stuck and being rerouted, wondering how things will turn out whilst drivers and passengers nip out their cars for a piss behind the hedges!  And some lovely local folk allowing others to use their facilities. 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

19 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yup! Memories of sitting in the traffic jam between Glastonbury and Pilton for hours on end listening to reports of campervans stuck and being rerouted, wondering how things will turn out whilst drivers and passengers nip out their cars for a piss behind the hedges!  And some lovely local folk allowing others to use their facilities. 

I think that’s the only time I’ve ventured in a church of late ... I came outside and was interviewed by local news ... Clinton Rogers a celeb in these parts .... a local house also brought us out cups of tea ️ reminds me a bit of the neighbourly spirit of these times 

9 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

The more I think about it, the more I think it's a really good idea to broadcast old shows during the time the festival would have been on.

We’ve decided the tent is going up in the back garden for that weekend, though Mrs C has vetoed my idea of me digging a long drop .  I will just be glad to see past that weekend and look forward to 2021! I said on a post when we heard of the cancellation that the BBC must have a huge archive of Glasto highlights.  Let’s get them shown. Can anyone refresh my memory, did Channel 4 not do coverage at one time? 

5 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

We’ve decided the tent is going up in the back garden for that weekend, though Mrs C has vetoed my idea of me digging a long drop .  I will just be glad to see past that weekend and look forward to 2021! I said on a post when we heard of the cancellation that the BBC must have a huge archive of Glasto highlights.  Let’s get them shown. Can anyone refresh my memory, did Channel 4 not do coverage at one time? 

The whole lot of C4's 1995 coverage is on Youtube.  It's worth a watch and has been the source of a few efests memes over the years.

• Upvote 1