Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
sedra

The Weather Thread 2021

Recommended Posts

Ok time for an update. The weather thread 2020 has been rescheduled to 2021. All weather comments are valid until end June 2021. 
Weather related discussions for the weekend that would have been can still be posted on The Weather Thread 2020 on the basis that with nothing better to do we can obsess about both this year and next year at the same time! 😀☀️🌤🌦🌧⛈🌈
Alternatively if the thread can be combined ? I couldn’t edit the topic 😳

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

Crossing fingers for miserable weather this year's festival to feel a bit better 😂

Im not 😡

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Im not 😡

Surely the well is beginning to dry out, the groundwater level falling and the fields well grassed but ideal for lounging on?  I always look out for dry spells from April to June to get the  site ready and able to cope with any rain during the festival. We still hope when all this nightmare is over to have a short break and if it’s allowed, a walk to the hallowed ground, though that might be well past Autumn by the looks of it. Has the Co-op opened in the village yet?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The well is dry and sprouting vegetation. The ground is rock hard and the farm is so dusty. Looks like the cows will be in the pyramid field soon as the fencing is going up.

Coop is being built as I type. Was going to be ready for June but I’m not sure what their timeframe is now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair we do need a miserable one for what would’ve been 2020 I’m afraid. 2017 was amazing, the five days during the fallow year were absolutely amazing (2018 was that summer when it didn’t rain and was sunny every day for 3 months... such halcyon days 😔) 2019 was again as we know, absolutely amazing.

So are we seriously expecting that if 2020 turns out to be nice as well, then 2021 will also be good? Sorry but no, we absolutely need a monsoon for 2020, absolutely no way on gods green earth we get 5 consecutive years of fantastic weather over what would be Glastonbury weekend.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

why the fuck do we need Pilton to get hammered, weather doesn't work like that does it now.

Maybe to be fair you should suffer a freak yachting accident to ensure you don't have on next year.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, pilton digger said:

why the fuck do we need Pilton to get hammered, weather doesn't work like that does it now.

Maybe to be fair you should suffer a freak yachting accident to ensure you don't have on next year.

 

Isn’t it exactly how it works? If weather is just fairly random with lots of different types of weather possible, isn’t the probability of the weather being nice on the same five days of the year five years in a row quite low? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Isn’t it exactly how it works? If weather is just fairly random with lots of different types of weather possible, isn’t the probability of the weather being nice on the same five days of the year five years in a row quite low? 

nope :) the probability of good weather is the same each year .... what happened previously makes not a  bit of difference .... im hoping for sun ... we all need as much sun as possible right now it helps with peoples spirits ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we’re hoping for anything, why not just hope that it’s sunny every year? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Isn’t it exactly how it works? If weather is just fairly random with lots of different types of weather possible, isn’t the probability of the weather being nice on the same five days of the year five years in a row quite low? 

Gambler's fallacy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope everyone realises I don’t actually have control over the weather, saying I want it to rain for the five days this year won’t actually make it happen. It was just to meant to be a bit of fun. Equally, people need to be prepared for it to rain sometimes, it’s going to rain most of next week in fact. Again not my fault, these things happen. It’s called weather. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sun all Month but rain on two days of the festival according to the weather outlook.com

Guess that settles it and we can close the thread now. 

EC442611-5851-45A2-9C3D-DD98FFDEA0B8.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I hope everyone realises I don’t actually have control over the weather, saying I want it to rain for the five days this year won’t actually make it happen. It was just to meant to be a bit of fun. Equally, people need to be prepared for it to rain sometimes, it’s going to rain most of next week in fact. Again not my fault, these things happen. It’s called weather. 

Which is all fine and any discussion of the weather for an event that is over a year away is a bit silly. It doesn't mean that this idea that if it's been sunny multiple times that we are due a wet one isn't statistically unsound, any time anyone says that it's fair enough if people point out that they are wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2020 at 7:36 PM, mcshed said:

Which is all fine and any discussion of the weather for an event that is over a year away is a bit silly. It doesn't mean that this idea that if it's been sunny multiple times that we are due a wet one isn't statistically unsound, any time anyone says that it's fair enough if people point out that they are wrong.

0C096301-3462-473A-801D-940171F2AE46.jpeg.7045ac100c80e5731ec8fdb70fbffc9a.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Given lots of us are planning on spending the weekend of the festival in our gardens, I thought it was worth resurrecting this thread and having a look at how wet/sunburnt we might be getting.
 

Here’s the forecast for three weekends time: 

A7D7D89F-5FF8-42A0-8736-458917D30B4B.jpeg

16AD1211-D069-46BE-910A-6092B47BF845.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, blutarsky said:

Given lots of us are planning on spending the weekend of the festival in our gardens, I thought it was worth resurrecting this thread and having a look at how wet/sunburnt we might be getting.
 

Here’s the forecast for three weekends time: 

A7D7D89F-5FF8-42A0-8736-458917D30B4B.jpeg

16AD1211-D069-46BE-910A-6092B47BF845.png

I think you need The Weather Thread 2020 which is for this year and you will find further back. This thread ( 2021) is for those looking forward to obsessing about next year 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...