The Weather Thread 2021

sedra

Ok time for an update. The weather thread 2020 has been rescheduled to 2021. All weather comments are valid until end June 2021. 
Weather related discussions for the weekend that would have been can still be posted on The Weather Thread 2020 on the basis that with nothing better to do we can obsess about both this year and next year at the same time! 😀☀️🌤🌦🌧⛈🌈
Alternatively if the thread can be combined ? I couldn’t edit the topic 😳

11 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Im not 😡

Surely the well is beginning to dry out, the groundwater level falling and the fields well grassed but ideal for lounging on?  I always look out for dry spells from April to June to get the  site ready and able to cope with any rain during the festival. We still hope when all this nightmare is over to have a short break and if it’s allowed, a walk to the hallowed ground, though that might be well past Autumn by the looks of it. Has the Co-op opened in the village yet?  

To be fair we do need a miserable one for what would’ve been 2020 I’m afraid. 2017 was amazing, the five days during the fallow year were absolutely amazing (2018 was that summer when it didn’t rain and was sunny every day for 3 months... such halcyon days 😔) 2019 was again as we know, absolutely amazing.

So are we seriously expecting that if 2020 turns out to be nice as well, then 2021 will also be good? Sorry but no, we absolutely need a monsoon for 2020, absolutely no way on gods green earth we get 5 consecutive years of fantastic weather over what would be Glastonbury weekend.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

18 minutes ago, pilton digger said:

why the fuck do we need Pilton to get hammered, weather doesn't work like that does it now.

Maybe to be fair you should suffer a freak yachting accident to ensure you don't have on next year.

Isn’t it exactly how it works? If weather is just fairly random with lots of different types of weather possible, isn’t the probability of the weather being nice on the same five days of the year five years in a row quite low? 

1 minute ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Isn’t it exactly how it works? If weather is just fairly random with lots of different types of weather possible, isn’t the probability of the weather being nice on the same five days of the year five years in a row quite low? 

nope :) the probability of good weather is the same each year .... what happened previously makes not a  bit of difference .... im hoping for sun ... we all need as much sun as possible right now it helps with peoples spirits ...

11 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Gambler's fallacy.

I hope everyone realises I don’t actually have control over the weather, saying I want it to rain for the five days this year won’t actually make it happen. It was just to meant to be a bit of fun. Equally, people need to be prepared for it to rain sometimes, it’s going to rain most of next week in fact. Again not my fault, these things happen. It’s called weather. 

9 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I hope everyone realises I don’t actually have control over the weather, saying I want it to rain for the five days this year won’t actually make it happen. It was just to meant to be a bit of fun. Equally, people need to be prepared for it to rain sometimes, it’s going to rain most of next week in fact. Again not my fault, these things happen. It’s called weather. 

Which is all fine and any discussion of the weather for an event that is over a year away is a bit silly. It doesn't mean that this idea that if it's been sunny multiple times that we are due a wet one isn't statistically unsound, any time anyone says that it's fair enough if people point out that they are wrong.

On 4/26/2020 at 7:36 PM, mcshed said:

Which is all fine and any discussion of the weather for an event that is over a year away is a bit silly. It doesn't mean that this idea that if it's been sunny multiple times that we are due a wet one isn't statistically unsound, any time anyone says that it's fair enough if people point out that they are wrong.

0C096301-3462-473A-801D-940171F2AE46.jpeg.7045ac100c80e5731ec8fdb70fbffc9a.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Given lots of us are planning on spending the weekend of the festival in our gardens, I thought it was worth resurrecting this thread and having a look at how wet/sunburnt we might be getting.

Here’s the forecast for three weekends time: 

A7D7D89F-5FF8-42A0-8736-458917D30B4B.jpeg

16AD1211-D069-46BE-910A-6092B47BF845.png

4 hours ago, blutarsky said:

Given lots of us are planning on spending the weekend of the festival in our gardens, I thought it was worth resurrecting this thread and having a look at how wet/sunburnt we might be getting.

Here’s the forecast for three weekends time: 

A7D7D89F-5FF8-42A0-8736-458917D30B4B.jpeg

16AD1211-D069-46BE-910A-6092B47BF845.png

I think you need The Weather Thread 2020 which is for this year and you will find further back. This thread ( 2021) is for those looking forward to obsessing about next year 😂