Reply and Quote function

10 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Yeah I can't reply via browser

try clearing your browser cache.

I was experiencing an issue this time yesterday but the problem went away for me when I tweaked something on the forums system - so it's very likely that continuing problems are the result of browser caching.

On 4/24/2020 at 12:29 PM, feral chile said:

Hi,

I can't reply to any posts, I can click on the add quote, but when I click on the reply box it's inactive. I can see others aren't having similar problems, any suggestions?

I had a setting called lite mode set, something to do with using google when loading pages? Anyway, I switched that off and seems to have sorted it :)

12 minutes ago, feral chile said:

I had a setting called lite mode set, something to do with using google when loading pages? Anyway, I switched that off and seems to have sorted it :)

Nope, don't think it was that. Intermittent problems 🤷‍♀️

I think I might have found and isolated the problem, so fingers crossed it's not happening any more.

Please let me know if you still have the problem.

I've just noticed that everyone who's seeing this issue are normal members, and there don't appear to be any reports from the 'gold' members who pay to avoid the adverts (and they're normally quick to mention problems). As the problem is intermittent, my current thinking is that it might be being triggered by something to do with one or more of the adverts.

So I've just raised the issue with the ad-house techie for him to take a look into, and hopefully he'll find the problem.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Neil,

I seem to be having an issue. Fine via my phone but not laptop (Chrome).

At first the reply box was completely greyed out. Deleted all settings.. cache, cookies etc) and now I’m getting the box but can’t click on it to reply? Best I could do to show this was take a picture of my screen with my phone, sorry.

Any ideas if it’s my issue?

EE66E4E2-9C2F-42FF-8C3A-91CE343F58EE.jpeg

Edited by DareToDibble

• 1 month later...

Would be cool if we could have a 'reply to post' button - not just quote - as the walls of quoting can get pretty big sometimes, when people don't trim it down. Obviously we can @user as well, but seems like obvious and easy functionality  

(obviously so the user whose post it is gets notified; not just a reply to topic)

Edited by Tuna

35 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Would be cool if we could have a 'reply to post' button - not just quote - as the walls of quoting can get pretty big sometimes, when people don't trim it down. Obviously we can @user as well, but seems like obvious and easy functionality  

(obviously so the user whose post it is gets notified; not just a reply to topic)

would be a good idea, tho I'm not in charge of functionality - the forums software is bought-in.

• 2 weeks later...