Has anyone used a barrow rental service before?

Andrew_Ntu

Asking this because I'm thinking of designing a similiar rental service of trolleys/barrows for my project, 

For those of you who have used it before,  i'd be interested to know what was good about the service? What was bad and could be improved? 

Cheers,

Drew

rented a barrow at V one year. Was a pain returning it. After that I bought my own trolly

Cant remember what festival it was at, but they offered a Sherpa service. Cost £50 but they carried all your stuff from your car  to where you were camping. Shame the service wasn’t there at the end of the weekend. 

A bit OT but I remember at Bestival one year they had mules (like a golf cart) operating as Taxis for a fiver taking people from the campsites into the arena for a fiver. I went a few times and only recall seeing them one year. In a non mud year they’d make a killing late at night at Glastonbury 

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

34 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

A bit OT but I remember at Bestival one year they had mules (like a golf cart) operating as Taxis for a fiver taking people from the campsites into the arena for a fiver. I went a few times and only recall seeing them one year. In a non mud year they’d make a killing late at night at Glastonbury 

I remember them - the company that did that was called Festaxi, and they were at Bestival at least twice.

According to their Facebook page, they shut up shop at the end of the 2018 season.

11 minutes ago, incident said:

I remember them - the company that did that was called Festaxi, and they were at Bestival at least twice.

According to their Facebook page, they shut up shop at the end of the 2018 season.

That was it, I remember the name now. They wouldn’t really work too well practically speaking at Glastonbury, but I’d imagine they’d be ridiculously popular

Problem with this kind of thing is that it’s all weather dependant - dry year with solid ground, absolute game changer for many. You’d rake it in. Muddy year though and the whole thing falls on it’s arse immediately, and having people bring them back after am already treacherous trip to the campsite is a bit of an ask. 

Edited by FloorFiller

24 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

That was it, I remember the name now. They wouldn’t really work too well practically speaking at Glastonbury, but I’d imagine they’d be ridiculously popular

Yeah, they worked fairly well at Robin Hill in that nearly everything was accessible from the one big long path running the length of the site, so they had a fairly straightforward route (and because the site was so long and thin, people who wanted to avoid walking one end to the other).

Glastonbury would have way too much divergence in routes, it'd be impossible to operate in the way they did at Bestival.