Harry styles

Leyrulion

4 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

If there's anyone who is dismissing him as only for teenage girls and someone from a tv talent show who dated someone famous they're missing the boat. He's got a backing band together of properly talented individuals like Adam Prendergrast who plays with Lianne La Havas before and Sarah Jones who's drummed for just about everyone good 

Approach with an open mind and prepare to be pleasantly surprised 

Sadly I think thats a lot of Harrys problem, his backing band is easily the best part of his stuff. His last album had some great tunes on there but Harrys singing was really stiff and uncharesmatic imo

19 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

If there's anyone who is dismissing him as only for teenage girls and someone from a tv talent show who dated someone famous they're missing the boat.

It absolutely goes the other way though. I think he gets too much credit for ‘relaunching’ himself after One Direction when his stuff is largely the milquetoast bore-a-thon that people on music forums wouldn’t give a toss about if it was some other earnest, attractive British dude.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It absolutely goes the other way though. I think he gets too much credit for ‘relaunching’ himself after One Direction when his stuff is largely the milquetoast bore-a-thon that people on music forums wouldn’t give a toss about if it was some other earnest, attractive British dude.

What’s this about milky toast?

22 hours ago, Madyaker said:

He’s a lot more talented than the likes of Ezra who for some unknown reason gets touted as a headliner on here constantly. Better than Eilish too for my money and has probably sold more albums than both combined. 

Ezra isn't being touted as a headliner "for some reason". The reasons are very clear. Next album he'll be there.

Ezra is in the next cab off the rank for earnest young men who will headline Glastonbury. Capaldi is further back in the queue. Styles is currently in a kebab shop wondering if he has enough change for a portion of chips too. Hozier, Tom Walker and Rag & Bone Man have been kicked out of the club and are rolling around in the gutter.

Edited by Hugh Jass
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Ezra is in the next cab off the rank for earnest young men who will headline Glastonbury. Capaldi is further back in the queue. Styles is currently in a kebab shop wondering if he has enough change for a portion of chips too. Hozier, Tom Walker and Rag & Bone Man have been kicked out of the club and are rolling around in the gutter.

I don’t think anyone is saying Harry will headline, it’s more that if he does play now it will probably be one of the more prominent slots of the weekend. I think the Miley / Katy slot in the past few years is what it will be. 

One of him or Niall will play the festival soon though. Glastonbury has broken the unwritten ‘no X factor contestants’ rule in recent years. They also booked Camila for this year.

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I don’t think anyone is saying Harry will headline, it’s more that if he does play now it will probably be one of the more prominent slots of the weekend. I think the Miley / Katy slot in the past few years is what it will be. 

Somebody literally asked if he could headline.

14 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

One of him or Niall will play the festival soon though. Glastonbury has broken the unwritten ‘no X factor contestants’ rule in recent years. They also booked Camila for this year.

They’ve had acts from singing shows way before now - Will Young has played a few times, and Girls Aloud got a Pyramid slot way back when, as well as others I’m sure. Glastonbury has no problem booking these acts when they’ve proven that they’re more than just reality TV fodder. 

Although if Niall got the gig you’d have to imagine it would be a considerably less spectacular slot - his solo career hasn’t exactly been brimming with hits.

edit: wait, have Girls Aloud done it? I was convinced they had but now can’t seem to find any evidence of it... have I just made this up? Think I may be getting them confused with Sugababes...

Edited by FloorFiller

46 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

edit: wait, have Girls Aloud done it? I was convinced they had but now can’t seem to find any evidence of it... have I just made this up? Think I may be getting them confused with Sugababes...

I was going to say!

Also what is a shame is that Little Mix have never done it.

Little Mix on the pyramid would be so so much fun.

2 hours ago, priest17 said:

Sign Of The Times is the best thing I've heard in the Co-Op in years.

11 minutes ago, GlastoEls said:

I heard Syd Barrett in a branch of Next, once.  Astonishing.

The branch of Pret I pop into in East Croydon has someone with decent taste allowed to pick the music, at least in the mornings.  Teleman, Shura, Anteros, The Beths have all been playing while I've sat and devoured a tomato & mozzarella croissant.

God I miss those croissants :D

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

I heard it the other day and thought that was ok. Went home gave it a listen and realised it was a bit Shit actually

I heard it when buying cigs just before a night out and ended up belting it all night. Needless to say anyone I came across that night now hates it with a passion.

22 hours ago, Quark said:

The branch of Pret I pop into in East Croydon has someone with decent taste allowed to pick the music, at least in the mornings.  Teleman, Shura, Anteros, The Beths have all been playing while I've sat and devoured a tomato & mozzarella croissant.

God I miss those croissants :D

I always wonder if these songs are the staff going off piste and deliberately ignoring the head office approved playlists!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...