What are your 2021 lineup expectations?

Matt42

What are your 2021 lineup expectations?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want to see with the 2021 lineup?

• A complete rollover of 2020 - everyone on the poster returning. Sacrificing any agreements they had for 2021. (100% 2020 + some new acts at the bottom of the lineup).
    • As close to 2020 as possible with a few different acts in high slots and losing one or two big bookings they had. (75% 2020 lineup).
    • Half 2020 half 2021 acts. Losing a lot of 2020 acts but gaining some new ones. (50% 2020 lineup).
    • One or two 2020 headliners but most stages with new bookings. (15% 2020 lineup).
    • New lineup. 2020 acts returning on their next touring cycle. (Less than 5%).

From the poster, I reckon around 70% will rollover. I can see there being a few big changes - out of the 10 major slots across Pyramid headliner and sub, Other headline and legend, I think we’ll lose 3 or 4 perhaps. But yeah, it’ll be close.

37 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

id say 70% is a reasonable shout .... Id worry for the Pet shop boys though .... they only seem to do every 10 years .... so that page in the diary might be full :) 

Already got June dates so it looks like they are in!

About 75%, but that doesn’t mean we’re not gonna lose a good chunk of the big acts - I just imagine almost all of the ones further down will roll over.

I’d be both devastated and somewhat relieved if the Park didn’t totally roll over, as it’s all incredible, but it there was a high chance I’d just miss most of it anyway which would be a total fucker. Just give this years Park lineup it’s own festival. 

No statement yet, true, and she may just axe the whole kit and caboodle. But I've got a ticket for the Hydeo show and am fully expecting it to get canned at some point and pushed to next summer.

As to her fear of travel? Is that a thing? She's not played the UK for a few years, true, but I thought that was due to a bust up with people filming a gig on their phones. Otherwise she seems to play live on the reg. There may be some Aretha-style fear of flying, but shifting the whole tour - Glastonbury and all - doesn't increase the amount of time spent airside.

As someone has already said, the ‘smaller’ acts will likely come back. I’m just hoping the larger acts aren’t tied up in new tours (fests then tour rotations) to be able to play as they will obviously be getting more $$$ for their own tours. I’m not saying saying the artists have overall say if they play as management will be on them to make money.

edit: I just want Taylor Swift to be headlining, I’m sure she’ll want to do it regardless & hopefully will want to fit it in with whatever else she is doing. No I am not Martin.

Edited by Bisque

8 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Interesting that it isn’t rescheduled yet. Too early to book any dates?

I reckon her hand was forced by the Daily Mirror piece before her team had chance to confirm the new dates. We’ll get info soon I’m sure.

Have to imagine they will try to retain as much of the line up as possible. With there being so much notice/time between now and June 2021 I think they should be able to resign most of them. Only issue comes with any big acts that have already got tour commitments and albums penciled in? Hazard a guess about 80% will be exactly the same... 

23 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

id say 70% is a reasonable shout .... Id worry for the Pet shop boys though .... they only seem to do every 10 years .... so that page in the diary might be full :) 

We’ve got our rescheduled pet shop boys Glasgow gig for May28 next year so looks like they will still be at Glastonbury.  Now, if Erasure were added to the party I would be rather happy! 

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

We’ve got our rescheduled pet shop boys Glasgow gig for May28 next year so looks like they will still be at Glastonbury.  Now, if Erasure were added to the party I would be rather happy! 

it was said in jest a little ... Pet shop boys will get completely confused by being out of the 10 year cycle ... would of course love them there as long as they dont clash with taylor .... Erasure would also be good one of my most listened too in my teenage years 

46 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

it was said in jest a little ... Pet shop boys will get completely confused by being out of the 10 year cycle ... would of course love them there as long as they dont clash with taylor .... Erasure would also be good one of my most listened too in my teenage years 

My plan is now to go see pet shop boys at one of the shows to remove that potential clash

9 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

My plan is now to go see pet shop boys at one of the shows to remove that potential clash

I think that’s doable but my best mate is a psb superfan so I’d still be stuck ... he was majorly upset that I’d not provided him with info from here that they were collaborating with the killers last time ... we were at Chems when he got the news ... oops ... I think he’d booked to see them this year elsewhere