3 hours ago, mln said:

I think it was scheduled for 6 July 2020, and they failed to provide a new date for 2021, despite FNM having some dates for this year.

yes, you're right!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, every artist that day had no problem to wear a bracelet. Even Icons like Depeche Mode. But the manager from 30 seconds to Mars refused this. Something that does not happen that often. Jared Leto

All European festivals worked out a solid plan for next year. And they are close to have the support of the governments in this (don't forget, governments earn a lot of money thanks to the festivals).

Swift is more 'rock and roll' than Pink will ever be. 

Posted Images

Today this news came out about Holland:

"The Dutch government has announced that it is working to allow music festivals to take place from 1 July, even in the context of the 19-covid pandemic, with test events scheduled for next month."

10 minutes ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

Today this news came out about Holland:

"The Dutch government has announced that it is working to allow music festivals to take place from 1 July, even in the context of the 19-covid pandemic, with test events scheduled for next month."

Some Dutch July festivals have already been moved to September.

It doesn't matter if there is government guarantee funding in place, July is impossible for large festivals. 

Perhaps later in the year is possible.

16 hours ago, mln said:

It looks like RW is considering moving to September (providing my Google Translator works well):

https://www.vrt.be/vrtnws/nl/2021/02/09/organisator-herman-schueremans-wil-dit-jaar-een-volwaardig-rock/

Which week would you guess it to be moved to? 1st-5th? 

On 2/5/2021 at 5:36 PM, xxialac said:

Some Dutch July festivals have already been moved to September.

It doesn't matter if there is government guarantee funding in place, July is impossible for large festivals. 

Perhaps later in the year is possible.

Have it on good authority that the festival grounds of Best Kept Secret have been booked for the 2nd weekend of September. Be interesting to see what the line ups will be for the festivals in Sep and maybe Oct.

1 hour ago, gingerevans84 said:

Have it on good authority that the festival grounds of Best Kept Secret have been booked for the 2nd weekend of September. Be interesting to see what the line ups will be for the festivals in Sep and maybe Oct.

I once read Ken saying that Best Kept Secret when announcing some names, RW announces not to lose public to it.
If BKS really changes, the RW will change too.

17 hours ago, gingerevans84 said:

How likely/unlikely is it that they clash. The second weekend is the only one I can't do. I feel like they're so close geographically they won't clash? 

On 2/12/2021 at 9:52 PM, mashinko said:

Guys, just forget about big festivals this year...

I feel increasingly like this. They might be possible, but the likelihood they don't happen is unquestionably the higher percentage.

Guess it just doesn't get any easier to think about it in those terms, mind.

12 minutes ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

I always said that on March 1st it was time to see more signs, there was only 1 week left and today I see the Hellfest canceled, Aerosmith moving the tour to 2022, all said about 2021!
I'm not usually a pessimist ...

... and things looking a bit brighter in UK 

12 hours ago, pete76 said:

... and things looking a bit brighter in UK 

Didn't they estimate a maximum of 10000 spectators in June, or was that only for sports? But if so, I guess festivals without fixed seats would have stricter restrictions?

1 minute ago, tmolvik said:

Didn't they estimate a maximum of 10000 spectators in June, or was that only for sports? But if so, I guess festivals without fixed seats would have stricter restrictions?

That was may, as it stands no restrictions from June 21st if all goes to plan. 

Edited by thetime

I wish Ireland had some sort of fucking plan. The roll out of the vaccine for people is nothing short of a joke and the lockdowns just keep on rolling over. No sign of light at the end of the tunnel at all. We're in a high level lockdown until April 5th at least. 

Its fucking nuts and we're all drained.

You should all be like Serbia. Just get any vaccine you can in any amount and give them the first week or two they arrive cause you don't have enough freezers 😄 

We're at like 18% with 1 dose and 8% with 2