Jump to content

Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, BlackFoxx said:

Is this a guess or happening?

I think he spoke about the schedule of the announcements made in December 2019.

On Monday 2nd December, they announced Pearl Jam. On Tuesday 3rd December, they announced Twenty One Pilots. On Friday 6th December, they announced 5 names: PixiesThom YorkeYungbludWilco and The Streets. But they were the first announcement with tickets on sale on December 6th. Not the same situation here. 

I see them announce The Strokes this Friday. After that, it would be too late if they except to sale tickets for Christmas.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, every artist that day had no problem to wear a bracelet. Even Icons like Depeche Mode. But the manager from 30 seconds to Mars refused this. Something that does not happen that often. Jared Leto

All European festivals worked out a solid plan for next year. And they are close to have the support of the governments in this (don't forget, governments earn a lot of money thanks to the festivals).

I think the covid has got into your brain as that's not what the article says.

Posted Images

Before the 15th you had to apply for a refund. So it was always the intention to announce something before this date. But they are still not sure if this will be the right move. 
 

The big Friday headliner will it not be. They want to announce all their dates the same moment. 
 

I’m not sure about the strokes, you can not put them together with this new Friday headliner. Curious how this will work out. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

The big Friday headliner will it not be. They want to announce all their dates the same moment. 
I’m not sure about the strokes, you can not put them together with this new Friday headliner. Curious how this will work out. 

Not re-booking one of your 4 main headliners on purpose would be a new low for this festival for me. I can't believe RW would be so ungraceful to their fans. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Before the 15th you had to apply for a refund. So it was always the intention to announce something before this date. But they are still not sure if this will be the right move. 
 

The big Friday headliner will it not be. They want to announce all their dates the same moment. 
 

I’m not sure about the strokes, you can not put them together with this new Friday headliner. Curious how this will work out. 

That sounds like a potential SOAD - replacement act. Plus the idea that the headliner wants to announce all at same time makes me think it's a really big fish. Guns n Roses or Metallica would be my guess (with a preference for the latter). Other possibilities would be big rock act à la Foo Fighters maybe ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, polnico said:

That sounds like a potential SOAD - replacement act. Plus the idea that the headliner wants to announce all at same time makes me think it's a really big fish. Guns n Roses or Metallica would be my guess (with a preference for the latter). Other possibilities would be big rock act à la Foo Fighters maybe ?

Guns N Roses and Foo Fighters already have European dates for next summer. Agree with the same logic but think more Metallica or AC/DC as they have nothing announced yet so more likely to drop it all at once.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, polnico said:

That sounds like a potential SOAD - replacement act. Plus the idea that the headliner wants to announce all at same time makes me think it's a really big fish. Guns n Roses or Metallica would be my guess (with a preference for the latter). Other possibilities would be big rock act à la Foo Fighters maybe ?

I think we can rule out both Guns n Roses and Foo Fighters as they've announced their 2021 european dates already. Metallica looks like the strongest opportunity, but it could also be AC/DC

Link to post
Share on other sites

Besides the fact that I was really hoping for The Strokes to return...now I'm really curious WHO this headliner will be. We can cross out MUSE as well since @Ken19 stated this artist/band want to announce all dates at the same time, and Muse are already scheduled throughout the June/July period

So...it's not SOAD, GD, FF, Muse, Rammstein, Aerosmith, Pearl Jam, RHCP, Iron Maiden, KoL or The KIllers AND they're supposed to fill the SOAD Void

I'm really curious

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, BlackFoxx said:

What's the reasoning on ruling RATM out? Would fit SOAD and be a big announcement with no dates currently?

Because they won't come to Europe before fall 2021.

" Rage Against the Machine are postponing our September European arena dates in Prague, Krakow and Vienna until such time when we are confident it will be safe for our fans. If health, local government approvals and safety permit, we will come back to Europe in fall 2021. We will let you know as soon as we have a confirmed touring plan."

Edited by mashinko
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ken19 said:

Before the 15th you had to apply for a refund. So it was always the intention to announce something before this date. But they are still not sure if this will be the right move. 
 

The big Friday headliner will it not be. They want to announce all their dates the same moment. 
 

I’m not sure about the strokes, you can not put them together with this new Friday headliner. Curious how this will work out. 

Tin the RW is not very interested in the disclosure of new names at this time of Christmas and in which the daily cases of covid do not exceed 3 thousand daily. So were the latest publications a sign of hope or are they waiting for the vaccine to start spreading?

Link to post
Share on other sites


Ken said here we will have a stadium name to replace SOAD, but I do not believe that this name will be on the same RHCP day, so we have an extra day or we have that stadium name on Friday. I leave here my opinion:

Wednesday - (Metallica) 

Thursday --->    Pearl Jam - Pixies - The Lumineers 
Friday --->   (THE STROKES ) - (TAME IMPALA) - ALT J
Saturday ---> GORILLAZ - 21P    - (Liam Gallagher)
Sunday ---> RHCP - - (FAITH NO MORE) - (PLACEBO)

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Daniel Ferreira said:


Ken said here we will have a stadium name to replace SOAD, but I do not believe that this name will be on the same RHCP day, so we have an extra day or we have that stadium name on Friday. I leave here my opinion:

Wednesday - (Metallica) 

Thursday --->    Pearl Jam - Pixies - The Lumineers 
Friday --->   (THE STROKES ) - (TAME IMPALA) - ALT J
Saturday ---> GORILLAZ - 21P    - (Liam Gallagher)
Sunday ---> RHCP - - (FAITH NO MORE) - (PLACEBO)

Ken confirmed today that this stadium rock band will play on Friday, and Strokes wont play this day.

So if there is an extra day on wednesday, The Strokes should headline it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

Ken confirmed today that this stadium rock band will play on Friday, and Strokes wont play this day.

So if there is an extra day on wednesday, The Strokes should headline it.

Is it so then?  ;) 

Wednesday -  (THE STROKES )

Thursday --->    Pearl Jam - Pixies - The Lumineers 
Friday --->    - (Metallica) - (FAITH NO MORE)  - ALT J
Saturday ---> GORILLAZ - 21P -  - (Liam Gallagher)
Sunday ---> RHCP - - (TAME IMPALA)  - (PLACEBO)

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Daniel Ferreira said:


Ken said here we will have a stadium name to replace SOAD, but I do not believe that this name will be on the same RHCP day, so we have an extra day or we have that stadium name on Friday. I leave here my opinion:

Wednesday - (Metallica) 

Thursday --->    Pearl Jam - Pixies - The Lumineers 
Friday --->   (THE STROKES ) - (TAME IMPALA) - ALT J
Saturday ---> GORILLAZ - 21P    - (Liam Gallagher)
Sunday ---> RHCP - - (FAITH NO MORE) - (PLACEBO)

Sounds good. Too good to be true actually. The Strokes and Tame Impala is one hell of a combination. And on wednesday you can easily avoid Metallica if you only pick the 4 days. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If the friday band turns out to be a big rock/metal band, I hope that Werchter thinks of putting Alt-J in the Barn (or any outdoor alternative stage they might come with bc of Covid), so as not to face the same issues of Alt-J pre FF in 2017. I remember that half the crowd was basically waiting for the Foo and talking a lot, which made the show not as great as I would have hoped for.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Sounds good. Too good to be true actually. The Strokes and Tame Impala is one hell of a combination. And on wednesday you can easily avoid Metallica if you only pick the 4 days. 

The Strokes / Tame Impala / ALT-J  + Beer + Sun = perfect combination 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

WED: Metallica (smaller programme, like Ken hinted)
THU: War On Drugs – Pearl Jam (Pixies moves to the Barn, after Beck)
FRI: The Killers – The Strokes 
SAT: Twenty One Pilots – Gorillaz
SUN: RHCP – Billie Eilish (no Sportpaleis but rather festivals like Mad Cool)

This would make up in terms of variety for the loss of Kendrick. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lighthouse said:

WED: Metallica (smaller programme, like Ken hinted)
THU: War On Drugs – Pearl Jam (Pixies moves to the Barn, after Beck)
FRI: The Killers – The Strokes 
SAT: Twenty One Pilots – Gorillaz
SUN: RHCP – Billie Eilish (no Sportpaleis but rather festivals like Mad Cool)

This would make up in terms of variety for the loss of Kendrick. 

Not sure about bringing the Killers again, that'd be a repeat of 3 headliners of 2018 which is a lot, and even though there show back then was fun, I think there is much more exciting stuff out there (Tame Impala ofc haha)

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

WED: Metallica (smaller programme, like Ken hinted)
THU: War On Drugs – Pearl Jam (Pixies moves to the Barn, after Beck)
FRI: The Killers – The Strokes 
SAT: Twenty One Pilots – Gorillaz
SUN: RHCP – Billie Eilish (no Sportpaleis but rather festivals like Mad Cool)

This would make up in terms of variety for the loss of Kendrick. 

Do they now manage to make the Werchter Boutique and put la Billie and Taylor?
The Killers were on tw classic, will there be tw classic?
These two festivals were never spoken of again in Werchter

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lighthouse said:

WED: Metallica (smaller programme, like Ken hinted)
THU: War On Drugs – Pearl Jam (Pixies moves to the Barn, after Beck)
FRI: The Killers – The Strokes 
SAT: Twenty One Pilots – Gorillaz
SUN: RHCP – Billie Eilish (no Sportpaleis but rather festivals like Mad Cool)

This would make up in terms of variety for the loss of Kendrick. 

I understand you want to stay optimistic, but Ken clearly indicated the large headliner is on Friday which basically means no Strokes next year (and the years after) for RW. I don't believe in Billie anymore either. Otherwise, RHCP would basically sub here and I also don't think the Werchter-crowd will appreciate her headline position. 

My guess right now is that Metallica (or AC/DC or whoever that large headliner is) is the only (co-)headliner left for RW to announce. On sunday, Royal Blood will co-headline with RHCP and Placebo will stay sub I would think. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



×
×
  • Create New...