Jump to content

Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, Ferda said:

New Killer's album is great, would be nice to have them at Werchter 2021. I've seen some rumours here on the forum in the past that they are a possibility, any news on this ?

I thought it started well but then drifted off very quick for me. Maybe just not my cup of tea. They've not released anything for me to majorly take note since Day & Age which had a couple on but Sam's Town is the last record they made that I'd actually bother playing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, every artist that day had no problem to wear a bracelet. Even Icons like Depeche Mode. But the manager from 30 seconds to Mars refused this. Something that does not happen that often. Jared Leto

All European festivals worked out a solid plan for next year. And they are close to have the support of the governments in this (don't forget, governments earn a lot of money thanks to the festivals).

Swift is more 'rock and roll' than Pink will ever be. 

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I thought it started well but then drifted off very quick for me. Maybe just not my cup of tea. They've not released anything for me to majorly take note since Day & Age which had a couple on but Sam's Town is the last record they made that I'd actually bother playing.

I've not listened yet, but the Killers would always be a welcome addition. More than likely half their set will be the first two albums and then more than likely the singles from the other albums.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2020 at 7:47 PM, Freek182 said:

Will Rock werchter announce any new names now that Reading and Leeds announced? Or doesn't that effect Rock Werchters announcent schedules?

 

Totally no effect. The only events that have effect are Pinkpop and BKS. Pinkpop because they are partners and they announce some acts the same time.

BKS because they sometimes share an important act, it is very close to Belgium and they don’t want that people buy a BKS ticket instead of RW.

But we can expect some news in the next week. Including the sunday headliner. And a brand new promo campaign. 

  • Like 4
  • Upvote 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Great news. Especially hoping to see The Strokes being announced. (And Faith No More, Wilco, Anderson Paak, Lianne La Havas).  

The Strokes for Friday probably? Wondering who can be a Sunday headliner... RHCP seem to be quite probable.

What about Bille Eilish? A (co-)headlining slot on RW instead of a seperate show?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the information @Ken19 

I believe that the Strokes are coming now Sunday must be RHCP.

Thursday 
PJ - Pixies - The Lumineers

Friday 
The Strokes - Alt-J - Liam 

Saturday
Gorillaz - Twenty on Pilots - Jamie XX ( Faith No More ?)

Sunday
RHCP - Placebo - Royal Blood 

Is this it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RubenFrusciante said:

My guess is:

Thursday 
PJ - Pixies - The Lumineers

Friday 
Tame Impala - The Strokes - Liam

Saturday
Gorillaz - Twenty on Pilots - Faith No More

Sunday
RHCP - Royal Blood - Placebo
 

 

 

I never remembered the Tame Impala again! ... And I also expect The War on Drugs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

I never remembered the Tame Impala again! ... And I also expect The War on Drugs.

Haha And I forgot about TWOD, really hoping for both.

Thursday 
Tame Impala (late night) - Pearl Jam - Pixies

Friday 
The Strokes - The War On Drugs - Liam Gallagher

Saturday
Gorillaz - Twenty on Pilots - Faith No More

Sunday
RHCP - Royal Blood - Placebo

This would be buzzing! Although maybe a little too much..

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2020 at 11:32 AM, Ken19 said:

Totally no effect. The only events that have effect are Pinkpop and BKS. Pinkpop because they are partners and they announce some acts the same time.

BKS because they sometimes share an important act, it is very close to Belgium and they don’t want that people buy a BKS ticket instead of RW.

But we can expect some news in the next week. Including the sunday headliner. And a brand new promo campaign. 

Next weekS...

the S went missing, sorry!

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, lighthouse said:

Bummer? I think Ken’s referring to the fact that the news won’t stop after next week.

I can not promise there will be news next week. But normally there will be in the next weeks.

I forgot to type the s... 

 

sorry guys! Hopefully it will be next week.

  • Like 5
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

IDLES playing AB on 12th of june. To Werchter or not to Werchter. 

Ken (I think?) said earlier they wouldn't Werchter because they would play another festival. Let's hope covid is mixing things up and they can play both.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem for me in the UK buying a ticket at the moment is not mainly based on who is announced. It is based on the quarantine regulations if they are put in place for Belgium during RW.

I can't afford 1 week of RW followed by no work for another 2 weeks quarantine at home. The cost of travelling from overseas is double the cost of living in BE or NL. I would not be covered by insurance if I was to travel so would have to stay home and lose more than £700. I'm sure I'm not the only one like this and there are many that travel from UK, Portugal, Spain etc. So possibly less ticket sales from us. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Scarnic said:

The problem for me in the UK buying a ticket at the moment is not mainly based on who is announced. It is based on the quarantine regulations if they are put in place for Belgium during RW.

I can't afford 1 week of RW followed by no work for another 2 weeks quarantine at home. The cost of travelling from overseas is double the cost of living in BE or NL. I would not be covered by insurance if I was to travel so would have to stay home and lose more than £700. I'm sure I'm not the only one like this and there are many that travel from UK, Portugal, Spain etc. So possibly less ticket sales from us. 

I don't think any festival will take place if COVID-19 will still be around. Quarantine regulations would also have to apply to artists 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

I am surprised to know that IDLES in 2021 will be here twice in Portugal in a space of two months, I am surprised if they do not go to RW

The two situations are very different, Portugal is very long from north to south. They're playing a show in Lisbon in early June and then a festival which is more then 400 kms far from Lisbon and in late August. Rock Werchter is only 40 kms far from Bruxelles and only 3 weeks after their show at AB... So I can definitely see them playing another Belgian festival rather than RW.

Edited by gigi21
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...