Rock Werchter 2021

The_Preach

Press conference at the moment. 

30 July: 3.000 indoors and 5.000 outdoors

13 august: bigger festivals >5.000 (can't find any max numbers). Visitors need proof they are 'covid safe', e.g. vaccinated or have a negative test. Still deciding on registration system; might be the 'green certificate'. Probably only EER and UK, but they are still deciding on the list. Number of infections in those countries need to be under control. 

All depending on covid developments.

9 minutes ago, Judithmt said:

Press conference at the moment. 

30 July: 3.000 indoors and 5.000 outdoors

13 august: bigger festivals >5.000 (can't find any max numbers). Visitors need proof they are 'covid safe', e.g. vaccinated or have a negative test. Still deciding on registration system; might be the 'green certificate'. Probably only EER and UK, but they are still deciding on the list. Number of infections in those countries need to be under control. 

All depending on covid developments.

There are no max numbers at this point. It looks like a set of strict measures (but no social distancing, no masks, no seated only requirements) will be put in place, which might be of such nature that only the biggest festivals can pull it of in terms of organisation or that the capacity will be based on what's doable for them.

After comments made by Tomorrowland and Pukkelpop it is already clear that they are still aiming to organise full capacity events and that they are willing to go very, very far when it comes to additional measures.

Very similar to what was held last year. I am personally happy with this and hoping to snatch a few tickets because I've been missing shows very much. Obviously not as big as some (including myself) might have hoped, but also less likely to get cancelled, which makes me even more excited. 

As always, good and realistic decisions made by RW.

I am so disappointed when it Will be only this. I am sorry for belgium and dutch artist but im not gonna travel from Holland for a one day 4 shows  to see belgium or dutch artist.

Wish they said this sooner because then i was maybe thinking  of best kept secret 

Also really hoping that this won't be their main event this summer. Especially after they said a setup like last year wasn't on the table and now that it still sounds like the negotiations with the government for other festivals are ongoing. But given the fact that the list of touring bands won't be endless and that they want to fill an entire month with concerts in July, chances seem to have gotten a lot slimmer now...

2 hours ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

Here in Portugal there is a news that there will be Pukkelpop can someone explain to me?

see the pukkelpop thread. yes, they declared they are aiming for a full fledged festival after the government announcement, but personally i am very doubtful about it. 

• Upvote 1

They are not allowed to do bigger than that until July 30th. These events will have 2500 people (still more than 400 people last Summer). And it's not just 4 days. It's gonna be 4-5 days of shows each week with sometimes 2 shows per day: one in the afternoon and one during the evening. Maybe something bigger is coming in August... If other festival announce it, I guess RW/Pukkel will do the same.