Rock Werchter 2021

The_Preach

14 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

At this point I'd rather see Kings Of Leon than The Killers again...

But I think we can be pretty sure Twenty One Pilots will be back. New album and all. 

Funny enough, through the years I always considered The Killers a terrible live band, but their last headline set at Werchter blew me away. I'd happily see them again.

Kings of Leon just put me, and it seems to me the rest of the Werchter field as well, to sleep. Just my opinion though, please don't take offence.

Edited by The Black
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, The Black said:

Funny enough, through the years I always considered The Killers a terrible live band, but their last headline set at Werchter blew me away. I'd happily see them again.

For me it was the other way round haha. Always kind of like The Killers (loved them in 2009), but that 2018 show was awful. Since when did these guys become cheesier/faker than Imagine Dragons? 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Dietediet said:

Chokri implied last week that Pukkelpop was first waiting for official confirmation that these scale of events are allowed in August/September. I suppose it's the same for Werchter? 

Yeah, we were hoping for a go last Friday. But the patience will be rewarded.

5 hours ago, Ken19 said:

Yeah, we were hoping for a go last Friday. But the patience will be rewarded.

And what about the other part of his comment? He said that if no confirmation has been given by 11 May (next council meeting), it would be impossible to properly organize the festival. Which was then repeated by Tomorrowland. Do we really have to worry about cancellations due to the government's inability to decide?

And are the Belgian festivals prepared for a potential rule like in France? (Attendance 5000, only seated)

On 4/26/2021 at 9:21 PM, Daniel Ferreira said:

VOA Festival, a Portuguese festival whose headline is SOAD, changed the dates to 2022 for the weekend of RW, this festival here in Portugal and sold out the day of SOAD very easy and the general one also sold out because of SOAD

Daniel, I read some news talking about zero deaths and gradual re-opening in Portugal. Can you confirm that?
I'm wondering if Paredes De Coura could happen in late August...

On 4/27/2021 at 8:12 AM, Dietediet said:

And what about the other part of his comment? He said that if no confirmation has been given by 11 May (next council meeting), it would be impossible to properly organize the festival. Which was then repeated by Tomorrowland. Do we really have to worry about cancellations due to the government's inability to decide?

And are the Belgian festivals prepared for a potential rule like in France? (Attendance 5000, only seated)

I'm not speaking for Ken19 at the slightest, but my guess is I don't think Ken19 will be the one (allowed) to give you these answers as I doubt he's a Belgian government official or the head of Live Nation. Your answers will be coming, however patience is needed. And rules enforced by the French government do not mean that they automatically apply to a neighbouring country. The one thing I've come to learn from this pandemic is that while a government might take some ideas from other countries in the EU, but they're still just going to do their own thing on the basis of their knowledge.

My advice, which I welcome you to throw in the trash can if you prefer: try to stay optimistic until things are actually cancelled. There's really no way to be certain how things will pan out. 

• Upvote 3

The Belgian government doesn't care at all about the cultural sector. It was already the case before this crisis but now more than ever. They said last Friday was an important reunion for the cultural/musical sector. They gave some tips for what could be doable in June. But nothing about festivals or big events. Officially, they haven't said yet that major festivals like Pukkelpop or Rock Werchter even in August could happen. From this Friday, some cultural events will happen in Belgium (Still Stand For Culture) with small events like a few concerts, a few expos, some cinemas open as well. All with a limited capacity and hygienes rules of course. If we wait something from the government, we'll still be at the same point in 2022...

• Upvote 1

The government earns a lot of taxes with all our festivals (gigantic numbers). So they care, but are very careful. That is why the flemish government is a great partner in this. If the numbers are positive evolving like today, a lot is possible. 
I’m staying positive.

Edited by Ken19
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Ken19 said:

The government earns a lot of taxes with all our festivals (gigantic numbers). So they care, but are very careful. That is why the flemish government is a great partner in this. If the numbers are positive evolving like today, a lot is possible. 
I’m staying positive.

About money, yes. But their communication with the sector is still really bad. And how they manage the situation. But that's another debate. And as usual, the Flemish part made it a bit better then the French part. With that being said, I really hope some shows will happen during the Summer (big or not). And if not, let's go to other countries if they allow us...

8 hours ago, gigi21 said:

Daniel, I read some news talking about zero deaths and gradual re-opening in Portugal. Can you confirm that?
I'm wondering if Paredes De Coura could happen in late August...

Here in Portugal the state of emergency ends this Friday. Thursday and Friday here in my city there will be the first two test concerts with 400 people. If all goes well, it is possible to have the Paredes de Coura Festival.
There is a huge possibility that Paredes de Coura exists, the Festival owner is the most optimistic owner, he at the beginning of March said this in an interview:
“YET YESTERDAY I CLOSED THREE INTERNATIONAL BANDS FOR THIS YEAR'S FESTIVAL. I AM COMPLETELY CONFIDENT "

I saw him in another interview saying that he has several plans to set up several stages in the village of Paredes de Coura.

He is very active on Personal Instagram (@ joaocarvalho1), likes to share a lot of good music and likes to share the venue and share moments because Paredes de Coura "exudes" good music compared to other festivals in Portugal that think a lot about money.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

Here in Portugal the state of emergency ends this Friday. Thursday and Friday here in my city there will be the first two test concerts with 400 people. If all goes well, it is possible to have the Paredes de Coura Festival.
There is a huge possibility that Paredes de Coura exists, the Festival owner is the most optimistic owner, he at the beginning of March said this in an interview:
“YET YESTERDAY I CLOSED THREE INTERNATIONAL BANDS FOR THIS YEAR'S FESTIVAL. I AM COMPLETELY CONFIDENT "

I saw him in another interview saying that he has several plans to set up several stages in the village of Paredes de Coura.

He is very active on Personal Instagram (@ joaocarvalho1), likes to share a lot of good music and likes to share the venue and share moments because Paredes de Coura "exudes" good music compared to other festivals in Portugal that think a lot about money.

I also noticed that their website is currently offline, so he's probably doing an important update in graphics and names. Let's hope 🤞🏻

On 4/28/2021 at 5:33 PM, gigi21 said:

I also noticed that their website is currently offline, so he's probably doing an important update in graphics and names. Let's hope 🤞🏻

We here in Portugal do not go to the festival sites a lot, we go to facebook, instragram or the site that has all the portuguese festivals and it has updated names (www.festivaisverao.com)
I created a Paredes de Coura topic here in the Forum as soon as something comes out I update it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Ohad said:

Maybe a TD:LR for those who don't speak the language, please? 🙂

Prime minister of Belgium seems to give his go this Tuesday for the big summer events in Belgium as from august. Not full capacity but big enough. 
The experts, who are dominating the media for about a year now, in Belgium are not happy. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Ohad said:

Maybe a TD:LR for those who don't speak the language, please? 🙂

Committee wil meet on Tuesday to talk about the details and conditions, which might be only Europeans (EER +UK, access with the 'green certificate'/daily rapid tests for those who are not fully vaccinated yet. Pre-sale tickets only.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Judithmt said:

Committee wil meet on Tuesday to talk about the details and conditions, which might be only Europeans (EER +UK, access with the 'green certificate'/daily rapid tests for those who are not fully vaccinated yet. Pre-sale tickets only.

2 hours ago, Ken19 said:

Prime minister of Belgium seems to give his go this Tuesday for the big summer events in Belgium as from august. Not full capacity but big enough. 
The experts, who are dominating the media for about a year now, in Belgium are not happy. 

Thank you both! 

So, even if I'm vaccinated, if I live outside of Europe I won't be allowed? Makes some sense, I guess, but it sucks. The COVID situation here in Israel is so optimistic now. A bit silly that we won't be allowed to attend Werchter...