Rock Werchter 2021

The_Preach

7 minutes ago, Newjem said:

From the announcement:

😏

If the numbers in Belgium were better (the last couple of days more people on intensive care), they would already announce something for late summer. 
I think many people will be happily surprised what Werchter will offer this summer. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

😏

If the numbers in Belgium were better (the last couple of days more people on intensive care), they would already announce something for late summer. 
I think many people will be happily surprised what Werchter will offer this summer. 

Lowlands has just announced a pretty good line-up for 2021 (regarding the circumstances), including Chemical Brothers and Liam Gallagher. Can we expect something similar for this 'light RW'?

7 minutes ago, mln said:

Lowlands has just announced a pretty good line-up for 2021 (regarding the circumstances), including Chemical Brothers and Liam Gallagher. Can we expect something similar for this 'light RW'?

Yes! I’m really happy with the artists they are going to announce given the circumstances.

Edited by Ken19
  • Upvote 4

41 minutes ago, ParanoidTourist said:

Are they planning for something in August or too early to tell?

Yeah, behind the scenes the plans are far more advanced than he will tell. 3 or 4 festival days spread over multiple weekends are on the table.  

Edited by Ken19

1 minute ago, heti said:

I'm curious about THIS part of the statement:  Some of the planned Rock Werchter 2021 acts will appear. New names will be added to the 2022 line-up too. 

Are Pearl Jam treated as 2021 acts ? 🙂

Focus on European acts, for the moment. Pearl Jam will normally be back in 2022.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ken19 said:

Yeah, behind the scenes the plans are far more advanced than he will tell. 3 or 4 festival days spread over multiple weekends are on the table.  

Anything that indicates that those of us coming from outside Belgium should stick with our hotel bookings and flight tickets and that some of these potential events will be on the same date(s), or is it just to cancel? I guess the chances are slim that we'll get to cross any borders anyway, but if dates are planned to be the same for parts of it, I don't mind waiting a little while as it's all refundable anyway.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Karlos12345 said:

Is this something similar to what Werchter is planning? Or do they really want to move the whole festival?

No not quite, Pinkpop has indicated in an earlier stage that a full festival would be their only option. What happened yesterday is that they requested for a festival permit for the end of August. These applications must be in with the municipalities 6 months in advance. Pinkpop has responded that they still prefer and aim for a June edition (not gonna happen), but they want to keep the options open for a move to August. Also the government's guarantee fund for events might be in play here, which is valid for events from July 1st and presumably there is still no decision on whethetr Pinkpop could enforce an exception on that date. So a move to August could also be driven by the fact that they could apply for the guarantee fund in case it would be canceled.

• Upvote 1