Rock Werchter 2021

The_Preach

22 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

They plan to announce the cancellation of the original weekend before the end of March, and at the same time the light version and... 

But I think you’ll be all surprised. 

Fingers crossed. Don’t shoot me if you have to wait a little bit longer. But there is really light at the end of the tunnel. We are lucky that a lot of the suppliers are born in the lap of Rock Werchter (stageco, zippola, powershop, ...). 

Fantastic, do you have a sense of which other festivals might be able to offer Light versions?

40 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Fantastic, do you have a sense of which other festivals might be able to offer Light versions?

In their latest announcement, Open'er stated that they have an alternative, one-time version in case they need to cancel July dates, and that they cooperate with other European festivals.

It seems logical other festivals should follow with these light versions to make it as profitable as possible for bands that will be available late summer.

On the other hand, Roskilde answered in their today's Q&A that they won't move the festival to later dates.

Edited by mln
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, mln said:

In their latest announcement, Open'er stated that they have an alternative, one-time version in case they need to cancel July dates, and that they cooperate with other European festivals.

It seems logical other festivals should follow with these light versions to make it as profitable as possible for bands that will be available late summer.

On the other hand, Roskilde answered in their today's Q&A that they won't move the festival to later dates.

Roskilde is also still in the market for a light version. But the artists that are available for them are important. That is why Primavera stopped the process, it still has to be a sort of Primavera. 

25 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Roskilde is also still in the market for a light version. But the artists that are available for them are important. That is why Primavera stopped the process, it still has to be a sort of Primavera. 

I'm 90% sure Primavera will run a decent sized event in c. September. They just won't call it Primavera Sound.

21 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I'm 90% sure Primavera will run a decent sized event in c. September. They just won't call it Primavera Sound.

Yeah, I just mean the full run festival. That is also the communication that RW will do: it is not a normal RW so you can transfer your tickets to 2022 and 2023, but we have some fine alternative if you want. 

2 hours ago, Ken19 said:

They plan to announce the cancellation of the original weekend before the end of March, and at the same time the light version and... 

But I think you’ll be all surprised. 

Fingers crossed. Don’t shoot me if you have to wait a little bit longer. But there is really light at the end of the tunnel. We are lucky that a lot of the suppliers are born in the lap of Rock Werchter (stageco, zippola, powershop, ...). 

At least PJ is expected to announce before end of March, as their deadline for ticket refunds end 1st April. Doubt they‘ll let that date pass without a word. A lot of people would hold on to tickets if they‘d new new dates for 2022 I think.

12 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Yeah, I just mean the full run festival. That is also the communication that RW will do: it is not a normal RW so you can transfer your tickets to 2022 and 2023, but we have some fine alternative if you want. 

Yep, exactly. I thought exactly the same!

41 minutes ago, Karlos12345 said:

At least PJ is expected to announce before end of March, as their deadline for ticket refunds end 1st April. Doubt they‘ll let that date pass without a word. A lot of people would hold on to tickets if they‘d new new dates for 2022 I think.

Makes sense 

• Upvote 2

What would make us keep our tickets, honestly ? (except fidelity). I have 4 festivals booked for 2021, and I only need 2 things to be sure I keep them : 1) dates and 2) the LINE UP !

If a festival give you like 80-90% of the 2022 line-up, you can be sure that it will motivate people to keep their tickets. If RW is smart enough to give the famous trio of headliners Ken was talking about ( was it Metallica - RATM and Red hot chilli peppers ?), you can be sure that the majority will keep their tickets for 2022.

However, since I guess many artists (maybe all of them actually lol..) will be available for festivals in 2022, I wonder if RW is thinking about adding 1 or 2 days to their fest', or even making TWO festivals ..

14 hours ago, Matt86 said:

What would make us keep our tickets, honestly ? (except fidelity). I have 4 festivals booked for 2021, and I only need 2 things to be sure I keep them : 1) dates and 2) the LINE UP !

If a festival give you like 80-90% of the 2022 line-up, you can be sure that it will motivate people to keep their tickets. If RW is smart enough to give the famous trio of headliners Ken was talking about ( was it Metallica - RATM and Red hot chilli peppers ?), you can be sure that the majority will keep their tickets for 2022.

However, since I guess many artists (maybe all of them actually lol..) will be available for festivals in 2022, I wonder if RW is thinking about adding 1 or 2 days to their fest', or even making TWO festivals ..

The town of Werchter has put a limitation to the number of event days per year though. So adding a day, yes, but an extra festival won't happen.

I wouldn't be surprised if some artists (originally booked for 2020) decide to just skip touring for now and return to Europe once they have a new album coming out. Best Kept Secret already implied that they're refunding all 20/21 ticket holders because the poster might look completely different. 

astrazeneca ist stopped by basically every country.....we will be lucky if we can have something in 2022 believe me, call me pessimistic etc it was the same the last year when people said in 2021 there won't be festivals, europe is too far from vaccinate enough people and the virus variations are many and dangerous

12 minutes ago, Ale said:

astrazeneca ist stopped by basically every country.....we will be lucky if we can have something in 2022 believe me, call me pessimistic etc it was the same the last year when people said in 2021 there won't be festivals, europe is too far from vaccinate enough people and the virus variations are many and dangerous

But at the same time: Johnsson & Johnsson has of now been given a GO. 😉 

4 hours ago, Ale said:

Sorry but how is 2-3 countries „basically evey country“? There‘s literally millions with AZ already in their bodies. Those cases are not going to change anything, although tragic in every single case. Find me a drug that has no side effects. We are talking single cases in millions of delivered doses.

Let‘s try some optimism.

EDIT: Before you ask: I‘d take a Danish dose right now, without hesitation. Unfortunately my government prefers to store millions of AZ in fridges and discuss rules and bureaucracy instead.

Edited by Karlos12345
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Ale said:

Have a very likely info that mass events wouldn't take part until the end of 2022. Comes from a person who works in pharmacy.

Won't buy any ticket until  is 90% sure that festivals will go on.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 7

11 minutes ago, Festcrazy said:

Have a very likely info that mass events wouldn't take part until the end of 2022. Comes from a person who works in pharmacy.

End of 2022, really???

So if you work in a pharmacy are you an expert epidemiologist now?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Festcrazy said:

wow, this pharmacist must be very important in deciding the fate of the world

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

On 3/8/2021 at 8:13 PM, xxialac said:

Bit of an exaggeration!! There have been concerts happening al year in some parts of the world and later this month even in Europe.

I wasn't aware of any big concerts tbh. Anyway, my point was more to illuatrate that my demands on a line up 2021 are not high and I'll.be happy if a festival takes places at all this year. 

1 minute ago, ParanoidTourist said:

I wasn't aware of any big concerts tbh. Anyway, my point was more to illuatrate that my demands on a line up 2021 are not high and I'll.be happy if a festival takes places at all this year. 

There's a concert for 5,000 people (no social distancing) in Barcelona in two weeks.

There will be festivals later this year. Perhaps just small ones and perhaps with controls (e.g. testing) but if they can do 5,000 in March then they can do 10,000 in September when rates have fallen and more people have been vaccinated. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, xxialac said:

There's a concert for 5,000 people (no social distancing) in Barcelona in two weeks.

There will be festivals later this year. Perhaps just small ones and perhaps with controls (e.g. testing) but if they can do 5,000 in March then they can do 10,000 in September when rates have fallen and more people have been vaccinated. 

That's very encouraging news. If there's a "small" version of a festival I'll attend it😊

Well the postponment announcement is here. Fully expected but still sad ! Also no mention of any "smaller festival in september". Are they still thinking about it and planning for a later announcement or is this over too ? 

Edit : nevermind, the IG post was really short hence no mention of it, but the facebook post actually mentions possible summer events which I'm not gonna lie bring me great hope and joy !

Edited by polnico

11 minutes ago, polnico said:

Well the postponment announcement is here. Fully expected but still sad ! Also no mention of any "smaller festival in september". Are they still thinking about it and planning for a later announcement or is this over too ? 

From the announcement:

We are eager to bring back live music to the Festivalpark this summer in any way we can and are currently working out what will be possible with the anticipated restrictions in place. As soon as the right and best formula is determined, we will come back to you. It won’t be Rock Werchter but you can rest assured that we will sing, dance, and celebrate together again this summer. Watch this space and long live live music.

Edited by Newjem
  • Upvote 1