Rock Werchter 2021

The_Preach

33 minutes ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

In an interview with the podcast "Chrissie, Sam & Browny", from Nova FM 100, radio from Melbourne (Australia), Eddie Vedder pointed out a date for the return of the Pearl Jam: late 2021 or early 2022.

Was that to Australia? Obviously that would be summer in the southern hemisphere so that would seem about right 

15 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Was that to Australia? Obviously that would be summer in the southern hemisphere so that would seem about right 

Vedder announced that the first country to host the group could be Australia. Everything indicates, therefore, that the European tour will be ineffective and will be carried over to 2022.

33 minutes ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

Vedder announced that the first country to host the group could be Australia. Everything indicates, therefore, that the European tour will be ineffective and will be carried over to 2022.

That's my BST ticket in the bin then! Oh well, I guess a 60,000 gig in early July was maybe a little optimistic, even despite the great progress we're making in the UK 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

That's my BST ticket in the bin then! Oh well, I guess a 60,000 gig in early July was maybe a little optimistic, even despite the great progress we're making in the UK 

It's  more viable for a American band like Pearl Jam to tour the UK and Europe combined. So postponing until they can tour both is likely to happen.

I'm curious what the festivals policy will be for 2022 edition in terms of announcing confirmed acts. Will everyone try to sell as fast as possible and reveal all the cards in no-time or tease fans for months like it was before covid? 

What do You all think ??

32 minutes ago, Andrej said:

Very hard to say, the only thing i am positive is that most of the festival will not roll over line ups from 2020 and 2021 to 2022.

2022 will simply have to be a new year / fully new line ups.

Thing is, a lot of 2020s bands WANT to play. A lot of them have new material. Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam, etc. And they have contracts.

I think we‘ll see a lot of the same bands on 2022s bills.

Edited by Karlos12345
  • Upvote 1

On 2/27/2021 at 5:14 PM, Ken19 said:

The whole corona thing is the major bummer. The line up of 2020 was excellent. Nice quality headliners like Strokes, Kendrick. Fait No More taking a lower spot on the bill. A great KluB C line up on Friday... 

The ticket sales were not that good (the Friday ticket sales were horrific, you can say: the day was not complete, but normally is a headliner responsible for a bigger sale, not the amount of 2000, and you can say also: it is because they are playing BKS, but their Saturday tickets had the same problem). 

Do you mean RW or BKS Staurday tickets?

But yeah, that sounds indeed horrific....

By all mean, I'm a huge The Strokes fan but the Friday was quite weak for about 100 bucks 😕

If RW could haved managed to put of a double headline like Kings of Leon/Arcade Fire a few years ago, it would have been a different story I guess...

Maybe this is why German festivals like Hurricane or Lollapalooza Berlin had no interest in booking them 😄

Speaking of Lolla Berlin.....this one is also set to take off in early September, maybe Lolla and RW could share some acts if everything turns out well?

Well, we have weekend tickets for Rock Werchter and are/were extremely excited for The Strokes. So, we did not purchase day tickets and maybe a lot of people decided to go for weekend tickets because of The Strokes being one of the headliners?

Had they not returned to Rock Werchter, but played Best Kept Secret, we would have purchased a day ticket for that festival. Of course we didn't actually have to do that because of the virus.

I just really hope we get a chance to see The Strokes somehow when this pandemic is "over".

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, The Black said:

Well, we have weekend tickets for Rock Werchter and are/were extremely excited for The Strokes. So, we did not purchase day tickets and maybe a lot of people decided to go for weekend tickets because of The Strokes being one of the headliners?

Had they not returned to Rock Werchter, but played Best Kept Secret, we would have purchased a day ticket for that festival. Of course we didn't actually have to do that because of the virus.

I just really hope we get a chance to see The Strokes somehow when this pandemic is "over".

I imagine they'll be coming back if the contract is set. It may end up working out well for the audience, if there is concerns that the strokes can't sell a day on their own, then a stronger bill will get programmed. Would it be too soon for Arctic Monkeys again? 

2 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Well they already have two 2018 headliners on the bill, so why not a third one... 

Fair point I completely missed that! They are known for booking reliable headliners (I've lost count of how many times Pearl jam have been booked, but every date has sold out). We'll have to keep hoping that ratm and Metallica happens in 2023! 

27 minutes ago, On The Blend said:

Are ratm out for 2022? I know the dream is dead for this year but I was hoping they'd be back in Europe before I turn about 50... 

Well their US tour keeps on being pushed back a year, and I have the feeling they won't come to Europe before that leg. So my prediction is US 2022 (with a small EU leg in september maybe) and the remaining EU dates in 2023... Would like to have them too, seems like a refreshing headliner. 

2 hours ago, Judithmt said:

Primavera just got moved to 2022 so I'm losing hope.

Given Ken said they were working with Primavera, it's looking like nothing for 2021 sadly. I still can't see reading and Leeds going ahead, great advertising by them getting their events sold out, but AFAIK they haven't got their insurance sorted out yet. 

2 hours ago, lighthouse said:

Well their US tour keeps on being pushed back a year, and I have the feeling they won't come to Europe before that leg. So my prediction is US 2022 (with a small EU leg in september maybe) and the remaining EU dates in 2023... Would like to have them too, seems like a refreshing headliner. 

Where did you see, that RATM pushed their US tour to 2022?

8 hours ago, Sparticus said:

Given Ken said they were working with Primavera, it's looking like nothing for 2021 sadly. I still can't see reading and Leeds going ahead, great advertising by them getting their events sold out, but AFAIK they haven't got their insurance sorted out yet. 

If we keep being optimistic there could still be a watered down Primavera in the Reading/Leeds period.

I guess no major festival could pull off a full edition this year, maybe Primavera, Werchter, Roskilde, Open'er could work on a smaller circuit with e.g. fewer days and fewer stages (still under the banner IF major gatherings will be allowed this summer)

16 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

Do you know if rock in rio will be keeping the same lineup? 

They postponed it because they were going to start assembling the Festival now.
The organization does not yet proceed with any confirmation on the poster because the conversations with the artists will only start now. But they will probably keep the same names, in Portugal Rock in Rio is very criticized because the festival itself has little Rock to be called Rock in Rio.