Rock Werchter 2021

The_Preach

1 hour ago, gingerevans84 said:

Have it on good authority that the festival grounds of Best Kept Secret have been booked for the 2nd weekend of September. Be interesting to see what the line ups will be for the festivals in Sep and maybe Oct.

I once read Ken saying that Best Kept Secret when announcing some names, RW announces not to lose public to it.
If BKS really changes, the RW will change too.

17 hours ago, gingerevans84 said:

Have it on good authority that the festival grounds of Best Kept Secret have been booked for the 2nd weekend of September. Be interesting to see what the line ups will be for the festivals in Sep and maybe Oct.

How likely/unlikely is it that they clash. The second weekend is the only one I can't do. I feel like they're so close geographically they won't clash? 

12 minutes ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

I always said that on March 1st it was time to see more signs, there was only 1 week left and today I see the Hellfest canceled, Aerosmith moving the tour to 2022, all said about 2021!
I'm not usually a pessimist ...

... and things looking a bit brighter in UK 

1 minute ago, tmolvik said:

Didn't they estimate a maximum of 10000 spectators in June, or was that only for sports? But if so, I guess festivals without fixed seats would have stricter restrictions?

That was may, as it stands no restrictions from June 21st if all goes to plan. 

Edited by thetime

I wish Ireland had some sort of fucking plan. The roll out of the vaccine for people is nothing short of a joke and the lockdowns just keep on rolling over. No sign of light at the end of the tunnel at all. We're in a high level lockdown until April 5th at least. 

Its fucking nuts and we're all drained.

4 minutes ago, Karlos12345 said:

What about the bands? I doubt that PJ, RHCP, ... will move to late summer.

Especially if some festivals will move to late summer and others to 2022. Messes up the itinerary.

Yeah, the big American bands will not move with them... I don't expect a full 4 day weekend. 

But they are working on something with festivals like Roskilde, Primavera... 

Edited by Ken19
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Yeah, the big American bands will not move with them... I don't expect a full 4 day weekend. 

But they are working on something with festivals like Roskilde, Primavera... 

You think PJ and RHCP will move with them to 2022? Have tickets to several concerts for both bands and fear they might cancel instead of postponing to 2022.

Looking at Prima and Roskilde, these names really shine out for Werchter : 

Gorillaz (Prima/Werchter) : already shared so likely (I guess)

Thom Yorke (Roskilde/Werchter): also already shared so likely (I guess)

The Strokes (Prima & Roskilde)  (makes some sense given they were supposed to play last year

Tyler The Creator (Prima/Roskilde) : I'd like it, but as Headliner at Werchter? Seems like a high spot for him.

Kendrick (Roskilde): if Werchter makes this happen I'll be so happy, really was sad when not announced this year.

Faith No More (Roskilde) : given that graspop is now in 2022, seems like a good shout.

Tame Impala (prima) :pls RW make it happen)

The National (prima) :haven't been directly at RW in some time

+ A bunch of really good bands, from the headliner level to smaller bands.

Edited by polnico
  • Like 1