Rock Werchter 2021

The_Preach

2 hours ago, Karlos12345 said:

Werchter can‘t happen if no other festivals / shows happen imho. If part of the band‘s routing and schedule fall apart, I‘m pretty sure a lot will scrap the whole tour.

There can‘t be no USP as the only happening festival.

Which festivals have been canceled?

13 hours ago, Karlos12345 said:

Werchter can‘t happen if no other festivals / shows happen imho. If part of the band‘s routing and schedule fall apart, I‘m pretty sure a lot will scrap the whole tour.

There can‘t be no USP as the only happening festival.

For small or mid sized not European artists it can be a problem. If festivals are cancelled.

Decided to take the plunge and keep the tickets instead of going for credit. Gotta support live music while you can. Headliners too much of a nineties vibe for my liking, but in other years the midcard/undercard have been great. So trust RW will come up with a 2021 line-up that has something for everyone. Just really hope they're not ditching The Strokes. Not exactly new as well I know, but catering to a different audience.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Here in France, culture minister hope the festivals will take place next summer (vacination, better climatic conditions, better knowledge of the virus).

Maybe this festival season will happening.

https://www.lavoixdunord.fr/917767/article/2021-01-08/festivals-d-ete-et-covid-19-roselyne-bachelot-veut-donner-un-message-d-espoir

1 hour ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

Here in Portugal next Wednesday there will be a meeting of the Prime Minister with the Festival Organizers, the problem is that here in Portugal we had a lot of freedom at Christmas and New Year's Eve and now we are paying and pay to close everything again 😞

Same problem in Spain.

1 hour ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

Here in Portugal next Wednesday there will be a meeting of the Prime Minister with the Festival Organizers, the problem is that here in Portugal we had a lot of freedom at Christmas and New Year's Eve and now we are paying and pay to close everything again 😞

Yeah but the situation now has nothing to do with the situation in a couple of months. A Prime Minister will surely be smart enough to understand this, no? 

7 hours ago, P.bintein said:

Here in France, culture minister hope the festivals will take place next summer (vacination, better climatic conditions, better knowledge of the virus).

Maybe this festival season will happening.

https://www.lavoixdunord.fr/917767/article/2021-01-08/festivals-d-ete-et-covid-19-roselyne-bachelot-veut-donner-un-message-d-espoir

From what I'm reading France (and Belgium) have so far vaccinated very few in comparison to other EU countries. Where's the optimism coming from ? 

Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to have a festival this year but it's not looking promisingly judging from the vaccination  rates 

Edited by heti
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, lighthouse said:

Yeah but the situation now has nothing to do with the situation in a couple of months. A Prime Minister will surely be smart enough to understand this, no? 

The point is that now they are breaking record cases per day and increasing the number of deaths.
Portugal arrives in the summer and this one still ends the first vanicao phase (doctors, nurses, old people and nursing homes)

In Denmark the ministry also just announed that they plan to have vaccinated everyone willing by the end of june. That is of course very promising. At least it gives me hope. 

Denmark is luckily also a country that is really putting the vaccines to work having used more than a 100 % of the delivered vaccines (as there appearently is more vaccines in the viles if handled carefully). Send your vaccines to Denmark if you don't use them 😅

Gives me hope that I will get to use my Roskilde tickets this summer! 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

The exact same in Ireland. Its crazy the number of cases here per day now. Very little deaths though. I imagine the numbers will calm down here before the end of January (Hopefully)

3 hours ago, VolkIreland said:

The exact same in Ireland. Its crazy the number of cases here per day now. Very little deaths though. I imagine the numbers will calm down here before the end of January (Hopefully)

Here there are over 100 dead a day (which is a lot). A new confinement is foreseen. 😞

22 hours ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

Feels like this is happening everywhere over the northern hemisphere. I guess I only see info for the UK first due to living there but its not going well anywhere right now.

I don't know if its too soon just yet to predict if the summer will be a complete washout. But its difficult to know for sure if there's hopes for much before June at the earliest.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, heti said:

From what I'm reading France (and Belgium) have so far vaccinated very few in comparison to other EU countries. Where's the optimism coming from ? 

Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to have a festival this year but it's not looking promisingly judging from the vaccination  rates 

But the situation right now is irrelevant for the festival season isn’t it. Things will pick up after februari in terms of vaccinations. 

Edited by misterplow

1 minute ago, misterplow said:

But the situation right now is irrelevant for the festival season isn’t it. Things will pick up after februari in terms of vaccinations. 

I wouldn't say irrelevant. We can only hope. The vaccinations might turn up to be not effective to some mutations. Festivals' summer (and normal life in general) still very much depends on people's willingness to follow instructions. 

Here in Israel over 1.6 million people (approximatly 1/6 of the population) were vaccinated by now. Considering we had around 0.5 mil of recoverd COVID cases, it should sum to around 2 million people "on the safe side" (more than 1/5 of the population). I received the first shot days ago.

Still, it takes time for these numbers to make a change. We're still in a lockdown and daily numbers are crazy, around 8k diagnosed every day.

We can only hope. 

1 hour ago, misterplow said:

I think the issue as much is set-up time, based both on how long it takes to prepare sites for festivals and whether the people actually putting the thing together are still going to have to commit to the social distancing rules as they go.

2 hours ago, misterplow said:

Irrelevant? What happens in feb and march will decide what happens early summer. Only the very positive will think there is a chance off a large festival going ahead start of July. 

Let's be honest, ticket sales must be dire. 

@Ken19, 'ken' you please give us something. Last weeks were boring as hell..
An update about 2020-acts that will come back this year, the date we can expect something from RW (this friday, next week?) maybe. If that's too much (which I can understand) maybe a story from past editions?
I totally get you're not going to say "band X is coming", but can you give us something?

• Like 3
  • Upvote 5

On 1/11/2021 at 11:09 AM, RubenFrusciante said:

@Ken19, 'ken' you please give us something. Last weeks were boring as hell..
An update about 2020-acts that will come back this year, the date we can expect something from RW (this friday, next week?) maybe. If that's too much (which I can understand) maybe a story from past editions?
I totally get you're not going to say "band X is coming", but can you give us something?

I fear the silence is a prognostic of "See You Next Year" announcement 😞