Rock Werchter 2021

The_Preach

In belgian newspapers today, prime minister said there will be no festivals during next summer. 

De Croo: "Geen festivals komende zomer op normale manier"

Volgens premier Alexander De Croo (Open VLD) moeten we niet verwachten dat er komende zomer festivals komen. "Volgend jaar wordt een overgangsjaar. We moeten er niet van uitgaan dat we opeens weer naar grotere festivals zullen gaan op de normale manier. We moeten geen valse verwachtingen scheppen. Dit is een marathon. We zitten nu ongeveer aan kilometer 30, dat is het moment waar alles pijn doet en je op karakter verder moet."

2 hours ago, Dennisf said:

In belgian newspapers today, prime minister said there will be no festivals during next summer. 

De Croo: "Geen festivals komende zomer op normale manier"

Volgens premier Alexander De Croo (Open VLD) moeten we niet verwachten dat er komende zomer festivals komen. "Volgend jaar wordt een overgangsjaar. We moeten er niet van uitgaan dat we opeens weer naar grotere festivals zullen gaan op de normale manier. We moeten geen valse verwachtingen scheppen. Dit is een marathon. We zitten nu ongeveer aan kilometer 30, dat is het moment waar alles pijn doet en je op karakter verder moet."

Yeah, he has to say that. Like I said before, in Belgium the vibe is always very negative. When the vaccin is doing his work, and the numbers are getting better, there will be more news.  
Working with testing before is not normal :-). 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, misterplow said:

Please God no Metallica. Last time was a snoozefest...😪

I get Your POV (I yawned during NEM and SBT last time I saw them in 2018 - and I'm a fan), but let's be honest. If it's Metallica @Ken19 is talking about it's the most obvious and easiest headliner to make up SOAD loss for SOAD fans. And he said Sunday tix sold great whereas Saturday (Kendrick day) not so great. That "compensation headliner" didn't announce a single 2021 date yet. That leaves us with Metallica, AC/DC or RATM (only when they reschedule US tour for the 2nd time) on the table. We've gotta be realistic - Metallica WILL sell tickets. And that's the only thing the organiser cares about in this fucked up situation.

I REALLY REALLY hope The Strokes & Faith No More are BOTH still on board

Edited by heti

Read another insider on another forum that the reason that Faith No More (a more classical name)was put on the Saturday was because a lot of the day visitors on the Saturday are more of the 'classic' acts fans and they traditionally buy tickets for the 'classics' on that day.  Apparently there were loads of complaints about Kendrick being booked and ticket sales were suffering. Even the addition of Faith No More didn't help all that much. Maybe Ken can confirm (or rubbish) this? 

5 hours ago, lighthouse said:

If Metallica plays this, it’ll be very hard for me to convince me going to RW. 😢 Not interested in them at all. And the current headliners (bar Gorillaz but they’ve just played the fest) aren’t my cup either. Let’s see, there’s still a ton that needs to be announced.

Exactly the same feeling. No hard feelings against those names they’re always fun to see. But my god the headliners giving me a big yawny feeling. Hope they pack Metallica on the Sunday with RHCP and Friday gets a bit groovier with some newer headline material (any guesses?)

anyhow, not sure if after years of going we’re that representative seeing that probably for a lot of people they haven’t seen them yet and would be a bit more enthousiastic than we are 😉 forum people are a tough crowd to please I guess! 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, pigital said:

Exactly the same feeling. No hard feelings against those names they’re always fun to see. But my god the headliners giving me a big yawny feeling. Hope they pack Metallica on the Sunday with RHCP and Friday gets a bit groovier with some newer headline material (any guesses?)

I’m in the same boat. But I give RW the benefit of the doubt. Those headliners seem very old school, even for Werchter standards so I’m sure they’ll mix it up with more suprising headliners/big names.

At least we have The Strokes as a name that hasn’t played the fest before, ever.

3 hours ago, pigital said:

anyhow, not sure if after years of going we’re that representative seeing that probably for a lot of people they haven’t seen them yet and would be a bit more enthousiastic than we are 😉 forum people are a tough crowd to please I guess! 

Peppers and Metallica on the same day, not gonna happen...

Edited by Ken19

6 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Peppers and Metallica on the same day, not gonna happen...

One day into 2021 and already shattered all my hopes and dreams, Ken! 😉

Jokes aside, if they book them on Friday then so be it. As long as RW happens it’ll be a great party and I won’t complain! 

Will there be a co/subheadliner on any of the other days that is a bit more pop/hiphoppy?

13 minutes ago, pigital said:

Jokes aside, if they book them on Friday then so be it. As long as RW happens it’ll be a great party and I won’t complain! 

That's the big advantage Werchter has next year. If it goes ahead, it will sell out no matter what they put on the line-up. And I think they know that ...