Rock Werchter 2021

The_Preach

1 hour ago, mashinko said:

We are more than ready to put on a fantastic festival, if the situation allows it, and we expect the second edition of Lollapalooza Stockholm to be one of the biggest highlights next summer. T

Should Lollapalooza Stockholm 2021 not take place for any reason we guarantee that you will get the opportunity to transfer your ticket to Lollapalooza Stockholm 2022 or get the value of your ticket reimbursed.

Looks like they are not so sure it will happen next year 

If you want to sell some tickets right now, you have to share this. Nothing to worry about. 

1 hour ago, mashinko said:

We are more than ready to put on a fantastic festival, if the situation allows it, and we expect the second edition of Lollapalooza Stockholm to be one of the biggest highlights next summer. T

Should Lollapalooza Stockholm 2021 not take place for any reason we guarantee that you will get the opportunity to transfer your ticket to Lollapalooza Stockholm 2022 or get the value of your ticket reimbursed.

Looks like they are not so sure it will happen next year 

Logically it could mean one of two things

a) The festival is worried it won't go ahead.

b) The festival is worried customers will be worried it won't go ahead - which will hurt ticket sales.

So you can't draw any conclusions on a)

1 hour ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

I think The Killers were considered for the main festival at some point, but unless the would sub for Pearl Jam or RHCP, I guess we can rule them out now....

Is a fifth day still on the horizon?

The Killers subbed for Coldplay in 2009 so possible in theory. 

1 minute ago, Archi said:

They co-headlined with London Grammar I think. Both bands got 1h30 and were on the same line on the poster.

Grammar got an hour 15 and were subs, there was also no one there because of the football, the crowds watching the football either side of the arena were louder than the band.

10 hours ago, lighthouse said:

Nope. It’s about the US tour. If true.

In fact, Lollapalooza Stockholm has announced their lineup with PJ on it today.

13 hours ago, mln said:

This user was writing only about US tour.

My bad.... I hope everything goes accordingly. I would not want to miss PJ this summer.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, visdave34 said:

A fever nightmare more like... What a horrendous show that was. First time I walked out on a RW headliner.

Even the 10 hours of Jupiler inside of me couldn't stop me cringing when they brought the guy out the crowd to play drums, realised he had no idea how to play the drums, and Brandon told him to "GET THE **** OFF THE STAGE"

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, The Black said:

My bad.... I hope everything goes accordingly. I would not want to miss PJ this summer.

The guy was reffering to the US tour, but still, PJ doesn‘t seem to be very optimistic about their European summer tour:

http://tidal.com/magazine/article/qa-stone-gossard/1-75912?curator=MusicREDEF

Pearl Jam are set to tour Europe next summer, including two big concerts in London’s Hyde Park. How confident are you that those gigs will happen? 

We’re not being unduly optimistic. We’re looking at dates and, as we get closer, we’ll make decisions based on the best information we have at the time. We’re in the worst part of the pandemic now, but we’ve seen the numbers go up and down before. We know there’s a vaccine; there’s a light at the end of the tunnel. But what does that mean to shows for 40,000-plus people? 

We’re definitely itching, ready to go, and the gratitude and joy that will come off the stage will be for real. Having not been able to play for so long, we’re never going to look at a live show the same way again.“

8 minutes ago, Karlos12345 said:

The guy was reffering to the US tour, but still, PJ doesn‘t seem to be very optimistic about their European summer tour:

http://tidal.com/magazine/article/qa-stone-gossard/1-75912?curator=MusicREDEF

Pearl Jam are set to tour Europe next summer, including two big concerts in London’s Hyde Park. How confident are you that those gigs will happen? 

We’re not being unduly optimistic. We’re looking at dates and, as we get closer, we’ll make decisions based on the best information we have at the time. We’re in the worst part of the pandemic now, but we’ve seen the numbers go up and down before. We know there’s a vaccine; there’s a light at the end of the tunnel. But what does that mean to shows for 40,000-plus people? 

We’re definitely itching, ready to go, and the gratitude and joy that will come off the stage will be for real. Having not been able to play for so long, we’re never going to look at a live show the same way again.“

i guess, that no one is 😞 

13 hours ago, visdave34 said:

A fever nightmare more like... What a horrendous show that was. First time I walked out on a RW headliner.

I really enjoyed The Killers playing that night and I was looking forward seeing them again at Hurricane Festival this year, but i have to admit that friday was weaker than the other days.

I think you could justify a double headline with The Killers + one of The Strokes/Imagine Dragons/Arcade Fire/Tame Impala but putting them on the same day as Pearl Jam or Red Hot Chili Peppers is too much, unless you are Open'er Festival 😛

Still wondering what they're going to do with The Strokes.....even if they are not the biggest seller on their own (that friday really needed another big name), passing such a rare band if you have a signed contract seems out of this world to me.

Pushed back to 2022 like System of A Down?

• Upvote 1

On 12/15/2020 at 1:38 PM, Ken19 said:

That was the plan. But we don't feel like it is the right moment. In Belgium there is only one festival who get the criticism and everything we do is a possible subject to the media. 

When the good news is coming in January, new names will follow very shortly. 

Does that mean the deadline to ask for credit will also move to the end of January? Would be nice to be able to make that decision based on new names now that the Strokes seem to be off the table.

The current headliners are not my cup (Pearl Jam was the least interesting headliner of 2020 for me), but I've decided to not ask for a refund. There's still a lot of big names to come so I've got hope they'll add the more interesting names later on. The Strokes being the main reason for us to buy weekend tickets. It's not every year you have the chance to book them. 🙂 They're playing Roskilde in the same weekend, so that's pretty reassuring. 

Next to the Strokes, I'm hoping for Placebo, Anderson Paak, Faith No More, Wilco, Liam Gallagher, Michael Kiwanuka to come back. And maybe The National, Tyler The Creator or Massive Attack for new big names?