Rock Werchter 2021

The_Preach

55 minutes ago, Ohad said:

IDK, it would be a weird booking. As P!nk (the only "pop girl" headliner I can recall from recent years) is a more lively, "Rock N Roll"er kind of performer, she made some sense for RW. I just don't see Taylors mostly-Max-Martin-productions-kind-of-headlining-set fitting the RW atmosphere. 

I absolutely don't agree, but I don't really feel the need anymore to explain 😅. Same for Dua Lipa, she should definitely be a contender for a headline spot in one of the coming years. 

But if they want to put her (or any other 'young' act) at Boutique again, they should at least try to find a better date for their target audience than this year! 

• Upvote 1

The show of Pink in 2010 was amazing. The biggest surprise of the festival. She's def. rock'n'roll, lot of energy: way more than Taylor Swift, even if she looks great live. And yeah, the date for Werchter Boutique this year was not the best as some students may still have some exams on the day itself or the few days later. 

About Dua Lipa, the fact she plays here at SportPaleis (more than 20k people) proves the has the public to be headliner at some festivals. But does she fit for RW? Not 100% sure.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Archi said:

The show of Pink in 2010 was amazing. The biggest surprise of the festival. She's def. rock'n'roll, lot of energy: way more than Taylor Swift, even if she looks great live. And yeah, the date for Werchter Boutique this year was not the best as some students may still have some exams on the day itself or the few days later. 

About Dua Lipa, the fact she plays here at SportPaleis (more than 20k people) proves the has the public to be headliner at some festivals. But does she fit for RW? Not 100% sure.

Dua Lipa was supposed to play Pukkelpop in 2020. She is an interesting artist and a future headliner for Rock Werchter.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Pink, Taylor Swift, Billie and Dua Lipa can be very successful in radios and streming but they don't sell, at least here in Portugal they don't sell, the proof of that was NOS Alive that 2020 announced and Billie and Taylor and besides not selling yet were heavily criticized.In 2021 there will no longer be Billie and Taylor because the organizer already said in a podcast.

Edited by Daniel Ferreira

19 hours ago, Ken19 said:

Dua Lipa was supposed to play Pukkelpop in 2020. She is an interesting artist and a future headliner for Rock Werchter.

Is she re-booked for Pukkelpop next year Ken? Hope so. I love her. I've no shame at all at being in the top 0.5% of her Spotify listeners worldwide. 

The Killers March 2018 Sportpaleis - RW 2018

Edit:

Muse December 2012 Sportpaleis - Werchter Boutique 2013

Florence + Machine March 2019 Sportpaleis - RW 2019 + December 2015 Sportpaleis - RW 2016

Kings of Leon november 2010 Sporpaleis - RW 2011

RHCP RW 2016 - November 2016 Sportpaleis.

Edited by Jefferke

52 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

Can you give me an example of a belgian festival announcing an internacional headliner that has an previously announced gig in Antwerp Sportpaleis in same yearOctober?

This is her concert of May 2020 that has been rescheduled several times.

I don't see why Pukkelpop would be okay booking her 3 months after the original concert, but not 2 months before the replacement? 

18 minutes ago, Jefferke said:

Edit:

Florence + Machine March 2019 Sportpaleis - RW 2019 + December 2015 Sportpaleis - RW 2016

Pretty sure the RHCP show in SPortpaleis was announced on the day they played RW though...

37 minutes ago, Jefferke said:

Edit:

None of your examples fits in "an internacional headliner that has an previously announced gig in Antwerp Sportpaleis in same year October" (october or whenever in the same year after the festival)

Only RHCP example has a valid date, but Werchter annouced them more than 6 months before they annouced their gig in Antwerp (they announced once after RW had happened, the same weekend)

I think that if RW annouced a shared band with another festival, they always announce it first. If a headliner has a belgian date after RW, I think that RW always announe it first (not sure if it happens them same for non headlining bands)

Edited by johnybegood

16 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

This is her concert of May 2020 that has been rescheduled several times.

I don't see why Pukkelpop would be okay booking her 3 months after the original concert, but not 2 months before the replacement? 

Probably PKP wouldn't have announced her before their gig in Antwerp for not harming the tickets selling of her solo show. In may PKP would had announced her, and they have may, june, july, and half of august to sell Dua Lipa tickets. I've been following belgian festivals for more than a decade and it is not easy for me to remember a PKP or Werchter headliner announcement that has an already announced date in a huge venue after the festival.

Maybe Ken can help us, about this subjet.

8 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

None of your examples fits in "an internacional headliner that has an previously announced gig in Antwerp Sportpaleis in same year October"

Only RHCP example has a valid date, but Werchter annouced them more than 6 months before they annouced their gig in Antwerp (they announced once after RW had happened, the same weekend)

I think that if RW annouced a shared band with another festival, they always announce it first. If a headliner has a belgian date after RW, I think that RW always announe it first (not sure if it happens them same for non headlining bands)

I mixed up your statement, my bad 😉

Edited by Jefferke

16 minutes ago, RubenFrusciante said:

Ken is the plan to announce some names before Christmas still on the table or have things changed?

That was the plan. But we don't feel like it is the right moment. In Belgium there is only one festival who get the criticism and everything we do is a possible subject to the media. 

When the good news is coming in January, new names will follow very shortly. 

Edited by Ken19
  • Upvote 4

On 12/12/2020 at 9:30 PM, DDave said:

Is she re-booked for Pukkelpop next year Ken? Hope so. I love her. I've no shame at all at being in the top 0.5% of her Spotify listeners worldwide. 

I feel relieved, I thought I was the only one to have this guilty pleasure here :D
Her drummer and bass player are amazing!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

That was the plan. But we don't feel like it is the right moment. In Belgium there is only one festival who get the criticism and everything we do is a possible subject to the media. 

Sad, but yet very understandable. Thanks for the update Ken!

10 hours ago, Ken19 said:

Thanks for the update Ken!
Merry Christmas to all and a Happy New Year 2021 full of great music, beer and sunshine.
Best regards

Edited by Daniel Ferreira
  • Upvote 2