Rock Werchter 2021

The_Preach

4 hours ago, RubenFrusciante said:

At Werchter or specifically the festival Rock Werchter?
Sounds to me like a day with Metallica at Werchter Classic/Werchter Boutique. Would explain the thing with the vouchers wich can be used for both the festival and the one-day-festivals.

RW

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I don't believe in a fifth day, so I'm starting to think that they might cancel The Strokes due to bad ticket sales last year (although it was by far the weakest day), which could leave space for a large headliner on Friday. (AC/DC, Metallica?) 

And then probably Kendrick + Billie on Boutique?  Don't think that combination would really work, but RW seem to think that all younger people like the same bands, so I see them going for that combination. 

5 hours ago, EV123 said:

I don't believe in a fifth day, so I'm starting to think that they might cancel The Strokes due to bad ticket sales last year (although it was by far the weakest day), which could leave space for a large headliner on Friday. (AC/DC, Metallica?) 

And then probably Kendrick + Billie on Boutique?  Don't think that combination would really work, but RW seem to think that all younger people like the same bands, so I see them going for that combination. 

I don't know what's dumber: thinking fans of The Strokes would love Metallica or thinking Kendrick and Billie have the same fanbase. No offence to you, @EV123, but Werchter deliberately not booking a headliner that is available would be a new low for them. 

I can totally see them adding an extra day though. There was a lot of talk about that. And Metallica would be a perfect candidate for this. 

• Upvote 2

An good alternative to SOAD... Well, Rage Against The Machine are not available. I don't really see Metallica as an "alternative" to SOADLimp Bizkit are not an co-headliner anymore for a festival like RW. Could they bring SlipKnot at Rock Werchter?! Corey Taylor said in an interview the band could release a new album in 2021. Avenged Sevenfold are not really in the same vibe of SOAD. Looking forward to finally have confirmation of new names :) 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

I don't know what's dumber: thinking fans of The Strokes would love Metallica or thinking Kendrick and Billie have the same fanbase. No offence to you, @EV123, but Werchter deliberately not booking a headliner that is available would be a new low for them. 

I can totally see them adding an extra day though. There was a lot of talk about that. And Metallica would be a perfect candidate for this. 

Well, they also thought Kendrick and 21P have the same fanbase ... 

57 minutes ago, thetime said:

If rammstein have played, no reason why slipknot couldn't.

Don't get me wrong I do like Slipknot, but I feel like they'd be a weird act for RW. SOAD is heavy too, but they have more mainstream hits. As for Rammstein, I think they are less heavy and bring a show that could fit any rock festival in the world, plus they WILL bring a fanbase, where as Slipknot, unless matched with another big metal band on the same day is much more risky for RW.

If Slipknot is back on tour in 2021 and If festivals can take place (that's a lot of ifs I know haha), I think Graspop is the perfect fit, as always for them.

Edited by polnico

47 minutes ago, polnico said:

Don't get me wrong I do like Slipknot, but I feel like they'd be a weird act for RW. SOAD is heavy too, but they have more mainstream hits. As for Rammstein, I think they are less heavy and bring a show that could fit any rock festival in the world, plus they WILL bring a fanbase, where as Slipknot, unless matched with another big metal band on the same day is much more risky for RW.

If Slipknot is back on tour in 2021 and If festivals can take place (that's a lot of ifs I know haha), I think Graspop is the perfect fit, as always for them.

My point exactly, couldn't have said it better

I agree 100%: SlipKnot don't fit for Rock Werchter. But I thought about them as @Ken19 said the festival have a good replacement for SOAD... They're not as mainstream as Rammstein for sure. SlipKnot won't be playing Graspop as I guess SOAD should be the last headliner for the festival. SlipKnot could have a one-off show on the Graspop field per example, like AC/DC in 2015.

Rage Against The Machine: have a US tour on the Werchter dates.

AC/DC: have always played their own show.

Rammstein: have a date in Oostende in 2021 and are not on good terms with Live Nation.

Slipknot: not a Werchter (or stadium) band.

Iron Maiden: are playing Sportpaleis in 2021, also are not a stadium band in Belgium.

So that leaves me to believe it's either Guns N' Roses or Metallica. Guns have all dates open after the 30th of June and Metallica have no plans yet.

• Upvote 2