Rock Werchter 2021

The_Preach

38 minutes ago, Andrej said:

Dont think anyone will be announcing anything before at least end of January, everyone is waiting to see if the festivals will happen. Very bad situation at the moment from PR standpoint, to announce anything....

Yikes. The end of januari is still a while. Will be a long boring winter if true.

56 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

I can not guarantee anything. But things slowly looking better right now. 
Various scenario’s are/were on the table. Some of them not mentioned before. 2 very cool scenario’s, think Graspop / Lowlands. 

Sound good, Ken. Hoping to hear some good news in the near future. Good to have you back too! 

Can't seem to find the connection between Graspop and Lowlands though. 

10 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Sweet. Although I love the Barn vibe, I think Rock Werchter has enough experience to make open air stages work. 

I'm wondering when we'll might get some news. 

That will take some time. If the vibe is ok in Belgium, something before the holidays. 

• Upvote 2

On 11/16/2020 at 9:21 PM, Ken19 said:

I can not guarantee anything. But things slowly looking better right now. 
Various scenario’s are/were on the table. Some of them not mentioned before. 2 very cool scenario’s, think Graspop / Lowlands. 

Thanks for sharing Ken! Its nice to get a glimmer of hope regarding festivals in general and Werchter in particular:) Hoping for the best outcome. 

All European festivals worked out a solid plan for next year. And they are close to have the support of the governments in this (don't forget, governments earn a lot of money thanks to the festivals). They have the financial resources to organise a large testing scenario. If it is necessary.They can roll this out as a sort of back up. But they expect that the world will be completely different next year, thanks to the vaccines (off course, it is a big lobby campaign, they know more than we do) .

If we announce this in Belgium right know, the media will find always at least 1 scientist to criticize this. But other nations will go first, and Belgium will follow :-). 

They hope to do this before the holidays, and announce some other big news. Give the people hope in dark times. The festival was on the drawing board again. They had to do something, combi tickets were not selling well. And Werchter was not a stand alone festival in this in Europe. 

Edited by Ken19
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 8

50 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

All European festivals worked out a solid plan for next year. And they are close to have the support of the governments in this (don't forget, governments earn a lot of money thanks to the festivals). They have the financial resources to organise a large testing scenario. If it is necessary.They can roll this out as a sort of back up. But they expect that the world will be completely different next year, thanks to the vaccines (off course, it is a big lobby campaign, they know more than we do) .

If we announce this in Belgium right know, the media will find always at least 1 scientist to criticize this. But other nations will go first, and Belgium will follow :-). 

They hope to do this before the holidays, and announce some other big news. Give the people hope in dark times. The festival was on the drawing board again. They had to do something, combi tickets were not selling well. And Werchter was not a stand alone festival in this in Europe. 

Great news. 

So great to hear this Ken, thank you!

I'm wondering if festivals are going to make some (joint) statements regarding the improving situation, like they did in April 2020 (Festivals Stand United), to clarify what measures can be taken, what are the scenarios, etc.

Hoping for December full of announcements!

Very curious to the other big news. Hoping it's the fifth day on wednesday and booking Kendrick on that day to play after Billie Eillish. Other big news that I'd like: non-stop Hive party to catch up on last year. Or Paul McCartney after Tame Impala. Or Stromae coming back. A boy can dream I guess.

Thanks Ken for keeping the dreams alive! 

Edited by pigital

2 hours ago, pigital said:

Very curious to the other big news. Hoping it's the fifth day on wednesday and booking Kendrick on that day to play after Billie Eillish. Other big news that I'd like: non-stop Hive party to catch up on last year. Or Paul McCartney after Tame Impala. Or Stromae coming back. A boy can dream I guess.

Thanks Ken for keeping the dreams alive! 

Ow, they are working on one of the things you suggested! Fingers crossed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

Thanks Ken for keeping your dreams alive!

I have followed the graph of the number of daily cases in Covid and Belgium it seems that this is much calmer.
I hope it is a good announcement, here Portugal are already announcing.

I hope so.

But people in Belgium have the hobby to complain about everything. They would say an announcement is inappropriate. And king Marc Van Ranst would say: it is too early. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

I hope so.

But people in Belgium have the hobby to complain about everything. They would say an announcement is inappropriate. And king Marc Van Ranst would say: it is too early. 

Hi Ken, have you heard anything about Billie expanding her tour to one week earlier than in 2020? Wondering if she's gonna be at RW, Roskilde or Open'er.

4 hours ago, The_Preach said:

Wed: Billie Eilish - Kendrick Lamar 
Thursday: Pixies - Pearl Jam
Friday: Tame Impala - The Strokes
Saturday: Twenty One Pilots - Gorillaz
Sunday: Royal Blood - Red Hot Chili Peppers

Sunds good to me!!!

I'd repurchase my ticket in a heartbeat (tho I did get to see 7 of those 10 on stage already. All were incredible) 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1