Rock Werchter 2021

The_Preach

They have time to announce now. The date to ask refund is behind us now. The festival is in more than 8 months. We know almost all the headliners. I won't be surprised if we don't have any new names before end November or early December (back to the classic calendar). It lets some time to see how the situation evolve.

5 minutes ago, Archi said:

They have time to announce now. The date to ask refund is behind us now. The festival is in more than 8 months. We know almost all the headliners. I won't be surprised if we don't have any new names before end November or early December (back to the classic calendar). It lets some time to see how the situation evolve.

You can ask for credit up till 31-12. I'll hope they'll share more names before the end of the year. So we'll know if we want to skip 2021 and go for 2022 or that 2021 is worth it. But I can understand they don't want to announce right now. Europe is a bit busy with the high rate of infections so new names might not be top news right now. And with this uncertainty why would they announce now and then maybe have to disappoint people later in cases bands might face travel restrictions. Then you'll have to deal with the 'but I bought tickets especially for.... people twice. I'd wait until December or when there's more certainty about vaccines, rapid tests, government policies on major festivals. Especially with the  non headliner names. Just glad I'm not a festival director right now and just can sit back and wait.

I confuse indeed, I just got in mind September 15th. I don't know for festivals but I know for smaller club-shows, they almost don't sell tickets anymore (in rock/metal/hardcore sphere). Even the newest announced. It's hard to imagine going back to "classic" standing shows in 3-4 months with the actual situation. 

It's just sad some bands don't give any update about tours/tickets. Of course, they're all in uncertain situation but a few updates would be great some times. I think especially about big acts like Billie Eilish or bands like A Day To Remember

26 minutes ago, The_Preach said:

What do you mean exactly? 

Because the situation in Belgium is a big mess right now. Increase of all numbers, looking like what we had in May. All shows are cancelled. There're only a few seated shows. And in Brussels, bars/snacks are closed for a month since Thursday. It's not a good moment to announce bands for a festival: it's too far away to think about it in a positive way now, we need to focus on getting a better situation before imagine festivals again.

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, Archi said:

Because the situation in Belgium is a big mess right now. Increase of all numbers, looking like what we had in May. All shows are cancelled. There're only a few seated shows. And in Brussels, bars/snacks are closed for a month since Thursday. It's not a good moment to announce bands for a festival: it's too far away to think about it in a positive way now, we need to focus on getting a better situation before imagine festivals again.

All fair points. But grim days like these make me want to anticipate next summer even harder. 

On 10/12/2020 at 1:19 PM, Ken19 said:

If Werchter would announce something right now. There will be a shitload of criticism coming their way. Because it is not appropriate at this moment. 

Here in Portugal the total daily number of cases is breaking records unfortunately and however Rock in Rio has just confirmed 4 names. 
I am not criticizing your opinion, I am only seeing the views of organizations.

21 minutes ago, P.bintein said:

No mega festival in 2021.

https://forum.festileaks.com/forums/topic/rock-werchter-2021-nieuws-geruchten/page/58/

I begin to ask me if one day festivals and concerts will take place again.

Are you seriously linking to another board where you wrote the same thing? What's your deal. 

Please don't do this man. This festival-free year was devastating enough.  

Edited by lighthouse
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, P.bintein said:

No mega festival in 2021.

https://forum.festileaks.com/forums/topic/rock-werchter-2021-nieuws-geruchten/page/58/

I begin to ask me if one day festivals and concerts will take place again.

So they know already but they are still willing to spend money on marketing etc.? Also, does it refer only to Belgium or also to other countries? If the latter, I'm afraid of who your source may be!

Edited by mln

36 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Are you seriously linking to another board where you wrote the same thing? What's your deal. 

Please don't do this man. This festival-free year was devastating enough.  

It's not me. I just read this in this other forum. I really prefer to have hope but when i see in Netherlands that small arena are closed again. And unfortunatly a lot of scientist said vaccine and treatment wil don't stop pandemic. I'm not optimistic.

I live in France and here, there will be no standing concerts until Avril 2021. Only sitting down concerts will happen.

During this summer I was pretty sure festival 2021 will go on but now with all this comments and doubts.  

Edited by P.bintein

10 minutes ago, P.bintein said:

It's not me. I just read this in this other forum. I really prefer to have hope but when i see in Netherlands that small arena are closed again. And unfortunatly a lot of scientist said vaccine and treatment wil don't stop pandemic. I'm not optimistic.

During this summer I was pretty sure festival 2021 will go on but now with all this comments and doubts.  

Right now everything is shit. I totally understand why you're pessimistic. But that's the situation right now. Not the situation in januari. Of march. Or may. 

Totally agree, but yesterday our President said this situation will last at least until this summer. Here festivals organizer are really worried because they have to know in january if their festival will happen because they start spending money to prepare festival. And if their festival will be cancel, assurance will said they doesnt have to spend money if they weren't sure the festival will go on. 

4 hours ago, lighthouse said:

Right now everything is shit. I totally understand why you're pessimistic. But that's the situation right now. Not the situation in januari. Of march. Or may. 

The situation won't improve my January or March, colder climate. Its all about that vaccine, until that happens its all about caution. 

I think there will ge festivals next summer, but perhaps not until the end of the summer and not large scale events like werchter/roskilde/sziget/Glastonbury.

Edited by thetime
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, P.bintein said:

I live in France and here, there will be no standing concerts until Avril 2021. Only sitting down concerts will happen.

Heu non. Je sais pas pourquoi tu dis ça, c'est faux. Avril 2021 c'est des bruits, rien de concrets. Des concerts auront lieu en Mars genre à la Maroquinerie, ou au Trabendo, etc... bref, des petites salles. Pas besoin de faire de gros effet d'annonce qui ne sont que des suppositions. L'interview de Barbaud du Hellfest n'est pas à prendre comme une généralité non plus.

TRANSLATION :

Wrong, I don't know why you say that, no shows until April 20021 is only a rumour amongst others. Shows will happen in March in small Areas, no needs to be dramatic with these kinds of statements. + HellFest's Boss declaration doesn't mean everyone will decide by January if their festivals will happen or not.

There are lot of shows announced for between January 2021 and April 2021 BUT some start to be postponed. For what I know in the rock-metal area. Some tours have been cancelled even before officially announced. Bands, booking agents and promoters/venues keep doing their show without any clue if the show/tour will really happen. Some shows will maybe happen with seating places in smaller capacity but it's not doable for the majority of shows. About what Barbaud said for Hellfetst, it concerns all the festivals. Organize a big festival take lots of time and nobody wants to invest money if they may loose it. 

Of course, things can change. But actually, it's difficult to imagine a back to normal life soon, even in 3 months with so many people infected by the Covid.

16 hours ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

I start to believe that we will have to do quick tests to the covid before entering ... from now until the summer the quick tests should be more evolved and effective ... I believe or is my positive thinking talking ...

There will be rapid tests on the market before RW, but the issue will be where to test people. If you have a positive Covid-19 test at the gate, you have already been in packed lines, maybe taking the bus or at a camping, so what to do then, when it's inevitable that the virus is among the crowd? If you check before you i.e get on the bus or at the camping, you will again have lines that can cause spread. Test when entering the country? Well then only a margin is tested..

If there is to be even the slightest chance of major festivals happening next year, that will be most the important part to fix, because there is no way a vaccine will be efficient enough until then. I doubt it will happen, but we have no other chance then to stay positive until someone else says something differently... 

• Upvote 1

Decided to go the refund route, Ticketmaster sorted it very quickly. You do not need to provide any evidence of not being able to go, just say it's a work conflict.

Will be happy to re-purchase tickets if this goes ahead but it's looking less and less likely and I'd rather not have the money tied up forever. 

• Upvote 2

So basically they are going to make people that work in music industry poor and homeless, this is far more concerning that me not going to a festival, can they really do this, i mean it's obvious that now there are priorities but they can't even let an entire sector completely die

• Upvote 4

On 10/21/2020 at 12:39 PM, Ale said:

So basically they are going to make people that work in music industry poor and homeless, this is far more concerning that me not going to a festival, can they really do this, i mean it's obvious that now there are priorities but they can't even let an entire sector completely die

Feel sorry for those people, but think that this sector will start working last

• 2 weeks later...