Rock Werchter 2021

The_Preach

8 hours ago, Ohad said:

I got my refund from Ticketmaster via PayPal. It took almost a week since I applied and the refund is 10€ short of the full price, but I guess it's a small price to pay considering the situation.

Was going to ask if anybody has got anything now we are a week on. Can I ask what 'evidence' you had to give? As the whole living abroad thing wasn't clear I just attached my tickets as I thought from the order number they could tell that I'm in the UK from the billing address etc.

I've not heard anything from them at all. Not even a confirmation that they received my request.

41 minutes ago, Chem said:

Was going to ask if anybody has got anything now we are a week on. Can I ask what 'evidence' you had to give? As the whole living abroad thing wasn't clear I just attached my tickets as I thought from the order number they could tell that I'm in the UK from the billing address etc.

I've not heard anything from them at all. Not even a confirmation that they received my request.

I stated that I live abroad with no intentions or means to visit Belgium anytime soon. I also wrote that I am a student and will have to take exams during this week of July on both 21/22. I did provide a confirmation of studies from my university but not sure if it's a must. 

Never got any written answer, only the PayPal mail about the refund.

• Upvote 1

On 9/22/2020 at 5:59 PM, Chem said:

I suddenly remembered that I did receive an email immediately after filling my application, confirming they received my request. Check your inbox again, otherwise you should fill it once more. 

On 9/20/2020 at 11:46 PM, Gossard said:

Smashing Pumpkins are coming out with an album, would be nice to have them finally at Rock Werchter, they've not played RW since 1997

I think they were set to play in 2019 but decided to stick to their dates in early June?

They should support Guns N' Roses during their US tour this summer shouldn't they?

Before Corona hit us, I thought they could be an option for the festivals in August, but I can Imagine they have no plans to return to europe any time soon

More info about the Kendrick thing. Difficult story. Unexpected. Not sure if he will be back in 2022, as i said before, man with a lot of plans. So he is available again for 2021. But many festivals did their job and were programming without him. And acts are not really in the mood to move/switch because of their ego, a deal that is already made, logistics... 

For example: 21 Pilots is not going to play 3rd down. 

Open'er is not RW. Open'er always have issues to complete all their headliners. They always have a spot available. For them it perfectly came together. For RW, Herman will have to do some magic. Because the top of the line up was ready, without him. And he is not the only promotor with this issue...

Open'er announced him last week. Last year when the Kendrick announcements were coming in, every day something was announced. You see, this was very unexpected.

Edited by Ken19

39 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

More info about the Kendrick thing. Difficult story. Unexpected. Not sure if he will be back in 2022, as i said before, man with a lot of plans. So he is available again for 2021. But many festivals did their job and were programming without him. And acts are not really in the mood to move/switch because of their ego, a deal that is already made, logistics... 

For example: 21 Pilots is not going to play 3rd down. 

Open'er is not RW. Open'er always have issues to complete all their headliners. They always have a spot available. For them it perfectly came together. For RW, Herman will have to do some magic. Because the top of the line up was ready, without him. And he is not the only promotor with this issue...

Open'er announced him last week. Last year when the Kendrick announcements were coming in, every day something was announced. You see, this was very unexpected.

Gorillaz to Pukkelpop and Kendrick to Werchter and everyboy is happy... hehe

Now, talking seriously, was it necessary to annouce new acts one year in advance? Maybe they could have sorted this problem if Gorillaz were not annouced yet.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

Gorillaz to Pukkelpop and Kendrick to Werchter and everyboy is happy... hehe

Now, talking seriously, was it necessary to annouce new acts one year in advance? Maybe they could have sorted this problem if Gorillaz were not annouced yet.

No, the deal was signed a long time ago. And Gorillaz were one of the acts who wanted to announce asap. As i said before, the intention of RW was to announce in september for the first time. 

Also don't forget that for Albarn and entourage, they will always prefer RW. The artist always have the choice, not the festival. 

• Upvote 3