Rock Werchter 2021

The_Preach

8 hours ago, The Black said:

Chili Peppers added as Sunday Headliner

Can't find anywhere that the have been announced as headliner! 

I know RW have not announced bands as headliner straight away in the past but to me it would mean they are still looking at someone else.

2 hours ago, Judithmt said:

Usually there is a low ticket warning too I think. Will there be one too for 2021 @Ken19? Might go quick to when they announce popular acts, so make sure to keep an eye out.

It was just a fact. The last month not really sold something. Today, some people wake up. But nothing to worry about. 

They will send some ticket alarm if it is necessary.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lighthouse said:

I'm afraid Kendrick will return in 2022, not 2021... I'm pretty shure FNM wil play though (and I hope so too!). They're around. 

Mike Patton and Anthony Kiedies don't like each other to put it nicely :D That's why I said that. I don't remember seeing them on the same festival in the last 20 years but then again they'd usually tour in the odd years 

3 hours ago, Nicklord said:

Mike Patton and Anthony Kiedies don't like each other to put it nicely :D That's why I said that. I don't remember seeing them on the same festival in the last 20 years but then again they'd usually tour in the odd years 

But Flea and Thom Yorke really like each other and the former plays on some of Thoms albums. Would be awesome with a guest appearance if Thom and RHCP don't collide timewise

43 minutes ago, clavious said:

Am I going to be able to swop / upgrade a one day ticket of 2020 to a full 4 day ticket in 2021? Does anyone know? 

If i understand correctly if you swap your ticket, you will receive the value of your ticket. So you will get a kind of voucher with the value of your 2020 ticket, that you can use for any Werchter event in 2021 or 2022. 

9 hours ago, Jefb said:

you can take a voucher and use the money of that voucher for a 4-day ticket. So you'll have to pay only the extra amount of money that´s left

That would be perfect. 

So it would make sense, that ticketholders of 2020 are able to use the credit/voucher for RW 2021 before it sells out, right? 

On 9/11/2020 at 8:29 AM, ParanoidTourist said:

Happy with RHCP announcement, especially since its the original line up we're talking about (with Frusciante back on guitar)

W00T? Are Chad Smith and John Frusciante out with Hillel Slovak and Jack Irons in?? :O 

;)

Edited by Gossard

On 9/11/2020 at 4:07 PM, EV123 said:

Not happy with RHCP as new headliner and certainly not as the festival's closing act, but I'll take the good news of the day for me with Volbeat being announced for Graspop and thus ruled out for Werchter!

I'm delighted with it. PJ & RHCP at the same festival is a dream for me. Give 0 shits about Volbeat. Each to their own.

• Upvote 2

Have you seen the email regarding tickets. Its outrageous the proof needed to get a refund. I bought a ticket for a festival that is not happening, they have replaced it with a different festival and yet I'm not allowed to claim a refund unless I am getting married or dead. 

I can't stand RHCP or Gorlliaz. So I don't want to go. Full stop. 

I love RW but this has left such bad taste in my mouth. I really don't think I would go again in the future because of this. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, maesydderwen said:

Have you seen the email regarding tickets. Its outrageous the proof needed to get a refund. I bought a ticket for a festival that is not happening, they have replaced it with a different festival and yet I'm not allowed to claim a refund unless I am getting married or dead. 

I love RW but this has left such bad taste in my mouth. I really don't think I would go again in the future because of this. 

If you don't like the 2021 line up you can ask for credit and go to the 2022 festival. A festival is always risky, since you don't buy tickets for specific artists, but for the festival. There is a disclaimer indicating he line up can change, not just for this year, but every year. Planes can be delayed, artist could have visa problems, break a leg or worse and you might end up with 2xRoyal Blood. 

The voucher rule in Belgium is not just for RW, but other events too. They are following national government policy and as shitty as that may be don't know if you want to tie the knot just to avoid it.

• Upvote 2

I'm aware a festival line up might change but this is hardly comparable to a headliner dropping out at the last minute. Once I accept the voucher for 2022 then I have given up any option of claiming a refund of my money and since there is no way of knowing the line up in 2022 that's a gamble. RW is a festival that can change genres each year unlike say Download which stays rock oriented at all times. Therefore there is a good chance that I may not like the line up in 2022. RW has had some appalling line ups for my taste but would still be considered great for a lot of people. 

The grand majority of people will re-book so for those of us who don't want to, (SOAD we're the big draw for me), there should be that option of a refund. 

Plus I'm already married so I don't think my wife would be too happy if I did it again😉

Edited by maesydderwen
Additional

47 minutes ago, maesydderwen said:

I'm aware a festival line up might change but this is hardly comparable to a headliner dropping out at the last minute. Once I accept the voucher for 2022 then I have given up any option of claiming a refund of my money and since there is no way of knowing the line up in 2022 that's a gamble. RW is a festival that can change genres each year unlike say Download which stays rock oriented at all times. Therefore there is a good chance that I may not like the line up in 2022. RW has had some appalling line ups for my taste but would still be considered great for a lot of people. 

The grand majority of people will re-book so for those of us who don't want to, (SOAD we're the big draw for me), there should be that option of a refund. 

Plus I'm already married so I don't think my wife would be too happy if I did it again😉

Somewhere in the back of my mind I think I remember a discussion on twitter in march about refunds where living outside of Belgium might have been stated as a valid reason for not being able to attend next year. But a. I'm not a 100% sure b. can't find it. Might be worth doing a little research though. Jus't don't get your hopes up....this old brain is pretty messy and it might have been another festival or just for non Europeans.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, maesydderwen said:

Got mine this morning for the TW Classic. They're asking for proof that you cant go for an event that they've not even given the 2021 dates out for. 

Unfuckingbelieveable. 

Fuck Ticketmaster

Edited by DDave

Not feeling the lineup yet as well, so I'm a bit frustrated about this all. I'm indifferent about Pearl Jam (they're good, but seen them a lot) and Red Hot Chili Peppers are godawful. Gorillaz are nice, but not a good replacement for Kendrick at all.

Only The Strokes are a reason to keep my tickets (considering they'll announce them later). 

How big are the odds of Kendrick and SOAD returning next year? 

Edited by misterplow

55 minutes ago, DDave said:

Got mine this morning for the TW Classic. They're asking for proof that you cant go for an event that they've not even given the 2021 dates out for. 

Unfuckingbelieveable. 

Fuck Ticketmaster

You have time till 31ste of December. You will know the dates soon enough.

4 hours ago, maesydderwen said:

Absolutely with you on this. I booked mainly for 3 of my favourite bands in 1 place and it's extremely likely SOAD aren't going to be there.

No idea why we've had to wait 5 months just to be able to request a refund and needing to justify it too! It's criminal how they (Belgium Government) changed the goal posts after people have bought their tickets. To me the 2020 RW edition was CANCELLED, 2021 & 2022 was always going to go ahead if possible so 2020 is not a postponement! Therefore tickets should be refunded if requested and not needing more of a reason other than 'I DON'T WANT TO FUCKING GO'.

Although it's not stated on the request form and I don't know why, as someone else has pointed out, their Twitter mentioned having to travel abroad for the festival is also a valid reason. That was in April though so may have changed their minds again by now.

Apologies for the rant, bad day at the office and needed to vent somewhere 😁. Hope everyone who does go has a blast though!

• Upvote 1